fbpx

Another Mother Meerkat Question

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Another Mother Meerkat Question

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

You can dissect the context of that post by Melody in a few different ways depending on how you read it.

I wouldn’t imagine Melody was tea staining the master… To me it reads as she tea stained the gypsum casting that was MADE FROM the final master (not physically pictured) to see the finer details on the gypsum so she could then hone the master, if needed, by using the gypsum casting as a reference to ensure all was as she wanted it before production began. It still doesn’t technically say the master is made of gypsum as well…

I’m not sure if the mold making process is something Windstone keeps tight lipped as they surely have their own unique procedure and are protecting the finer details of that process, but it doesn’t feel as if Windstone is going to clarify the debate as to what the master is actually made out of in this thread.

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

etruscan
      Participant

After running an ebay search for meerkats for a while I have discovered that several companies make, or have made, meerkat sculpts. They are not all as nice as Windstones but they are out there.

For some reason many of the sculpts are overseas. I got meerkats from an ebay listing in the UK that was a 12″ meerkat, maker unknown, and a smaller one made by Country Artists . Photos from the ebay listing.

Meerkats_UK_front

Meerkats_UK_side

Meerkats_UK_back

etruscan
        Participant

The taller meerkat is a bit peculiar looking, but she does a fine job of keeping the Windstone baby meerkats in order.

pipsxlch
          Participant

I have a couple Country Artists wildlife pieces and they are very nice, even if they don’t quite reach the level of Windstones.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.