fbpx

another feather ID request

Home Forums Miscellany Community another feather ID request

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

since a lot of you are able to recognize feathers, I’m hoping someone can ID these. I won’t say who has possession of them, just to protect the innocent. I will say that they were discovered laying on the ground, while someone was taking a walk in the nearby National Forest. About 11 inches long.

thanks for any help

BDW
    Participant

Wild turkey maybe…I think not sure yet. :shrug:
      After doing some research I’m convinced that it’s from a wild turkey. ๐Ÿ˜€
      Picture comes from this site: http://www.flytyingfurs.com/Photos2.htm

http://www.avian-images.com/artworkps.jsp?artwork=26402

that does look right, thanks BDW. I guess it’s ok to have them, then, if you can buy them from places here in the States. 8)

Laurie
      Participant

Yep, turkey. I have a mixed 1/2 wild, 1/2 bourbon and she has feathers just like that. It’s that time of year for them to lose some too. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Allison
        Participant

Yep, looks like wild turkey to me too. There’s a lot of them around home, we hunt them in the spring and I usually collect some feathers I find during the hunts for my dogs to sniff when I get back.

Jennifer
          Keymaster

They are turkey feathers! No one in the US should run into any trouble possessing those.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

Maria
            Participant

They’re pretty!

ok, safe to admit I have them ๐Ÿ˜† I’ve seen hawks, falcons, and owls in the area, so I was a little concerned they might be raptor feathers of some kind.

thanks all

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.