fbpx

Another broken dragon thread :(

Home Forums Windstone Editions Repairs Another broken dragon thread :(

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Leigha
    Participant

I just can’t seem to get a brown male dragon to arrive unbroken. This is now the third guy who’s come to me damaged for varying reasons.

Photobucket

Jake and I have been fighting, so he wanted to surprise me with a dragon,(he thinks that buying me a Windstone is a “fix all” for when he makes me mad, I want to encourage that, but at the same time I don’t lol) so he bought this guy on eBay and didn’t contact the seller at all about shipping/packaging because he didn’t know he needed to do so. He was shipped in a flat rate box, wrapped in newspaper and surrounded by packing peanuts. Box was too small and there wasn’t enough padding of course.

Photobucket

So, contacting the seller and stuck with another broken brown male. I have two males and a female now sitting on boxes waiting for fixing and love…anyone want them?

Kathleen
      Participant

CRAP! 🙁 so sorry this happened to you.

Kim
        Blocked

Oh no. That poor dragon. If you are still looking for a brown male dragon in one piece, I have one I am going to sell. It’s in excellent condition with no damage except it’s eye lid was touched up where there was a tiny chip and you can’t tell. I have shipped a few pieces, carefully double boxed and they have always arrived safely so if you are interested, message me for pics.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Heather
          Participant

Aw, man, what a disappointment! 🙁 It’s so frustrating when sellers do this. I once had a ruby Lap arrive with a broken head–and that was after the seller assured me he packed and shipped china and glass items all the time, and knew what he was doing. But he didn’t pack the dragon tightly enough to stop her from shifting in the box, and she bounced on her head somewhere along the route.

I hope your next old brown arrives in pristine condition!

*pets poor dragon*

I’ll be interested to see what the seller says when they see those pics. *Most* sellers I’ve had issues with have been good, but some are just awful.

Leigha
            Participant

Oh no. That poor dragon. If you are still looking for a brown male dragon in one piece, I have one I am going to sell. It’s in excellent condition with no damage except it’s eye lid was touched up where there was a tiny chip and you can’t tell. I have shipped a few pieces, carefully double boxed and they have always arrived safely so if you are interested, message me for pics.

Thanks so much Kimk! ^^ I’m not actually dying to have a brown male at the moment, the first two I bought were more of a “wow what a great price BUY” spur of the moment thing. I had contacted both sellers afterwards offering to double my shipment payment if they’d bubble and double box, and they said “sure” and proceeded to send it in the smallest box possible and ignore the Windstone Link I sent them.

Bodine
              Participant

oh how sad.That will be one heck of a project to tackle.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

rock-reader
                Participant

I feel your pain! However, contacting sellers doesn’t necessarily work eitherl. I recently bought a Windstone on ebay and wrote a very polite note to the seller advising him that I wanted it double boxed. He was highly offended that I “lectured” him on shipping and he said most sellers just ignore requests for special shipping precautions. In his favor, the rising spectral dragon I purchased arrived in mint condition but after he chewed me out for offending him, I’m hesitant to even contact the seller. In fact, I’m waiting on a new dragon now (I did not contact the seller) and I’m afraid that my dragon will be broken. How does everyone deal with this? Am I being too sensitive or is there some way to broach the subject without giving offense?

Scathach
                  Participant

I feel your pain! However, contacting sellers doesn’t necessarily work eitherl. I recently bought a Windstone on ebay and wrote a very polite note to the seller advising him that I wanted it double boxed. He was highly offended that I “lectured” him on shipping and he said most sellers just ignore requests for special shipping precautions. In his favor, the rising spectral dragon I purchased arrived in mint condition but after he chewed me out for offending him, I’m hesitant to even contact the seller. In fact, I’m waiting on a new dragon now (I did not contact the seller) and I’m afraid that my dragon will be broken. How does everyone deal with this? Am I being too sensitive or is there some way to broach the subject without giving offense?

I do contact the seller. I have also sent links to the Windstone FAQ page for shipping. I usually say something like “I don’t know if you ship Windstones on a regular basis, but if you don’t, here’s some helpful hints to help prevent breakage and potentially reduce claims and headaches. If you do ship Windstones on a regular basis, I hope you are not offended, but I’ve had some bad experiences in the past.”

I haven’t had anyone tell me off for this.

Also, it gives you extra fuel in case there are any problems (ie breakage).

If my wording is helpful, feel free to cut/paste/modify.

I’m amazed that the seller in question here would think that “most sellers” do anything! How does he/she know? There are many eBay sellers here on the forum and I’d bet my morning coffee that they wouldn’t have reacted the way that seller did.

The more talk and information there is out there, the better. Not to mention fewer damaged dragons!

Life is beautiful.

fatalbeauty
                    Participant

How does everyone deal with this? Am I being too sensitive or is there some way to broach the subject without giving offense?

we’ve just got to hope they listen about the double boxing and everything goes well….if not, refunding or ebay dispute time….

we can’t make them do it if they don’t want to since we can’t hand hold them from wherever they are…

I’ve never had anyone offended that I know of yet but I’ve had a few tell me they were going to and sure enough, no double box…..and sometimes they try and fail, I bought a male uni, seller listened but they didn’t put him in a big enough box for the inner one, they put him in the box diagonally…his horn snapped off but the seller was nice about it….

4 things I'm looking for:
                      1. Mother Meerkat
                      2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                      3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                      4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

etruscan
                      Participant

I sometimes contact sellers, especially ones that don’t seem familiar with Windstones. I say something like “Forgive me if you already know this, but Windstones are more fragile than they appear and need to be packed carefully for shipping…” Nobody has objected yet, and they have packed the pieces with extra care.

dragonshoard
                        Participant

Usually I read what the seller has to say about packing. I also check their feedback and see what else they have sold. If they have sold other fragiles, they probably know what they are doing. If they haven’t dealt with windstones before, I usually try to keep it polite but provide the links to the packing FAQ here on the windstone site. If the item is large enough, I even offer to send my own fitted box. (did that with the brown emp we won and also emailed photos of how the box inserts go together as it didn’t appear that they had sold any windstones before.) I have never had a seller chew me out before, maybe ignore me, but not chew me out. I would definitely downgrade the communication rating in the feedback.

So sad that that poor dragon is likely to end up thrown away. But sadly there isn’t much you can do when they insist on a return.

Kyrin

i would be interested in a new repair job and he looks like he diserves another chance. How much is shipping to Vancouver bc?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.