fbpx

Animal Control Stuff

Home Forums Miscellany Community Animal Control Stuff

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Skeeterdeee
    Participant

SQUEE!! I love those Animal Cops shows on Animal Planet, I’m looking forward to more of your stories!!

Falcolf
      Participant

This is awesome, I’m so jealous of your job! It sounds like it would be heart breaking at times but I bet it’s super rewarding anyway! (Also it sounds like more fun than retail haha!)

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

darjeb
        Participant

Congratulations on your new baby

Leigha
          Participant

This is awesome, I’m so jealous of your job! It sounds like it would be heart breaking at times but I bet it’s super rewarding anyway! (Also it sounds like more fun than retail haha!)

ANYTHING is better than retail….>.<

Ann

Here are a few more photos, I still have a few more on my camera that I’ll copy over soon!

A cactus wren that likes to hang out around the shelter and eat ants, yummy!

Another snakie

A pallid bat

They can crawl really fast!

Some stray chickens

An egret someone thought was injured (it wasn’t) and game and fish cleared me to release it by the Rio Grande.

Being a good mommy.

More babies!

And a teeny tiny glossy snake that was hanging out in a lady’s kitchen.

Falcolf
              Participant

Awwww those baby kitties and momma kitty and teeny snake are suuuper cute! So sweet!

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Adaneth
                Participant

Awwww, that glossy snake is adorable!

Grayfire_artz
                  Participant

Moooore phtoos :3

Purplecat
                    Participant

Oooh! I love the bat pics! He’s so cute!

Ann

I’ve been slacking on posting photos! I need to download my camera again, in the mean time, I caught my first snake of the year yesterday! It’s a little western diamond back. He was super cute and super not happy!

Angelika_Zen
                        Participant

As an animal lover, it must be so hard for your NOT to take all the strays home πŸ™ I like to hear that there are some Animal control agencies out there who still respond to calls…where I live we have two different groups to call on, and we’re lucky if we get a phone call back, let alone someone to come and pick up the animal.

We had a raccoon that woke up from hybernating early because of the warm weather. Poor little guy made it to the side of the road, and curled up in a little ball and went back to sleep. The people walking their dogs down that street were calling the Police to dispatch it ????? I understand that raccoons can be vicious, but really??? You couldn’t wake this little guy up, and they wanted to shoot it??!!! I parked my car next to it, and honked my horn a bunch of times…he woke up long enough to give himself a bath and curled back up and went back to sleep.

Animal control never called me back, and they never showed up to relocate the raccoon πŸ™

Anyway, I have great respect for what you do. All animals deserve the same treatment and protection…whether it’s a snake a bird or a raccoon. From one animal lover to the next πŸ™‚ Keep up the good work!

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Ann

I’m sorry to hear you had a bad experience. A lot of towns do not have any form of Animal Control and rely on the cops/sheriff to handle any calls. When it comes down to it, the cops have more important things to deal with. πŸ™

Thank you very much for the support, there are a lot of cute animals out there!

Zelda
                            Participant

Many thanks for being so nice to the snakes, and bats, and other ‘scary’ critters too! Really enjoying all of the pictures πŸ™‚

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

Christine
                              Participant

Loving this thread. πŸ™‚ Keep the pics coming when you can!

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.