An Owl for All Seasons :)

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion An Owl for All Seasons :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

I recently finished the last of my new series called The Messengers and refered to previously as “An Owl for All Seasons” πŸ˜€ Each owl is a messenger for each season, from spring to winter.

For Spring, this barn owl acts as the oak’s messenger, going from tree to tree, to let the trees know that the time for a new year has come again, signified by his acorn charm around his neck.

A burrowing owl as wheat’s messenger, for Summer, telling all plants to absorb the long summer sun and grow tall and golden ^_^

For Autumn, the snowy owl is the maple’s messenger, flying from tree to tree, telling them it is time to drop their leaves and seeds, so they can be covered with snow, safe until next spring.

A great horned owl for winter, acting as hemlock’s messenger, bringing encouragement through the cold, dark months – to hold on just a little while longer πŸ˜€

Each artwork is 5″ x 7″ on Stonehenge paper, inked and then watercoloured.
    I hope to get all four framed and shown together, as they are meant to be. I would also like to sell all four together as well ^_^

I wanna make prints of them as well, still figuring out whether my new colour laser printer can handle it LOL

lamortefille
    Participant

Very neat idea….my favorite is Summer: -)

Purplecat
      Participant

I like spring and summer both the best…I cant decide between the two. πŸ˜€

Have you read the Guardians of Ga’Hoole?

Purplecat
        Participant

Nope. πŸ™‚ Who’s the author?

Oh nice, I like them all, but, I think my favorite would be autumn.

I just love snowy owls.

Starbreeze
          Participant

I like summer and winter, but all four are great!!! πŸ˜€

LOL they are kids books I really liked them though, they are about owls, and how they build a society and culture after humans are all gone from earth, they refer to us as the ancient ones.

http://www.scholastic.com/gahoole/

Thanks you guys! πŸ˜€ I love owls, almost as much as a I love hawks ^_^

ruffian wrote:

Have you read the Guardians of Ga’Hoole?

I haven’t read them but we do sell them at my store ^_^

I recommend them if you like kids books, LOL.

Purplecat
            Participant

I’ll have to check them out!! With three kids and a love of reading….I’ll read just about anything! πŸ˜†

Too cute! Great work! πŸ˜€

Lokie
              Participant

Very cool πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.