fbpx

allergies = sadface

Home Forums Miscellany Community allergies = sadface

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Oh right, I have this weird problem with my left ear, I’m always getting water up in it and it hurts really bad. It’s from an infection I had when I was five that ate a hole through my ear drum and I guess it never healed right? I dunno. But would it be safe to use with that, or would I get another infection/something worse?

DAMMIT my nose just started bleeding again. T_T

frozendragon
    Participant

OOG…..I couldn’t do any of that….draining water through my nose and stuff…..makes me feel queasy just thinking about it….

PaperCut wrote:

Okay I have the WORST allergies

Are you using something like Afrin? My wife used to use that whenever she had allergies that interfered with her breathing, and she started to get nose bleeds that just gushed. When she went to the doctor the doctor assumed she was a cocaine addict because the membranes in her nose were just so damaged. The doctor seemed almost reluctant to acknowledge that Afrin abuse has the same effect as cocaine.

We’ve used a netti pot, though not recently. You have to experiment to get the salt balance right, and the temperature, but it can help enormously with allergies and nasal irritation.

I have used Afrin, yes, but not recently. I try not to unless I literally can’t breathe and it’s the only way I can get to sleep. I had heard of the effects, so… yeah, unless I’m dying I try to stay away. I’ve used it maybe a dozen times this year, if that.

Eek, yuk, sorry! I have had allergies the last 3 years, and was feeling kinda sorry for myself, but this gave me a better perspective. Hope you find something that gives you some relief.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.