all if the american's talk of thanksgiving food

Home Forums Miscellany Food all if the american's talk of thanksgiving food

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I decided I would start my christmas baking, so i made cookies…ummm errr well dog cookies πŸ˜† <—–Shiba Inu bums

Good idea! πŸ™‚ What kind of dog cookies did you make?

I make those for my friends’ dogs sometimes (I don’t have a dog)…the last ones I did were apple cinnamon dog biscuits…

littleironhorse
    Participant

Ruffian, Just thought this might interest you… After many years of searching and reading, I was finally able to switch my dog to a raw meat and bones diet! I finally found a producer who prepares it ready to use. The food comes in neat hockey puck form (frozen), each puck is the equivalent of 1 cup of food and there are 24 pucks per bag. So all I need to do is defrost 2 pucks every day and that’s it!

The other fun thing is, that since my dog has been on a dry food diet ever since she was weaned, she’s the perfect candidate to demonstrate the benefits of switching to a raw meat and bones diet, so the producer has asked that she participate in this study where a vet takes a blood sample before she starts the diet and another one 3 months after the transition, so the results can be compared.

Can’t wait to see the results!

Oh! and this is them: http://www.aa2000.qc.ca/htmanglais/Acceuil.aspx

I made some cheese and garlic ones and some peanut butter ones πŸ™‚ .

littleiron, I actually used to make their food my self totally raw diet, and thye did well too, but with work and stuff I had to stop πŸ™ , and there is no one here that sells the pre-made stuff. But I am able to get some food that is considered on par with barf diet, it is called bark diet. It consists of 70% protien from vet inspected meats, and 30% veggie and fruit matter. No grains, and as my girl is allergic to corn at least, that is a good thing.

http://www.championpetfoods.com/orijen/about/

ruffian wrote:

I’ve done peanut butter before but not cheese and garlic. I’d like to try that too since the dogs seem to love cheese! Would you mind posting your recipe for that?

littleironhorse
      Participant

ruffian wrote:

littleiron, I actually used to make their food my self totally raw diet, and thye did well too, but with work and stuff I had to stop πŸ™ , and there is no one here that sells the pre-made stuff. But I am able to get some food that is considered on par with barf diet, it is called bark diet. It consists of 70% protien from vet inspected meats, and 30% veggie and fruit matter. No grains, and as my girl is allergic to corn at least, that is a good thing.

http://www.championpetfoods.com/orijen/about/

What pretty girls! Here is mine:

I checked out that link you posted, but they don’t have any distributors in Quebec. Although I am very happy with the one I’m using right now! It’s only been a week, but I’ll let you know what the blood tests say in 3 months!

3 cups whole wheat flour
        2 tsp garlic powder
        1/2 cup vegetable oil
        1 cup shredded cheese
        1 egg, beaten
        1 cup milk

1.In a large mixing bowl, combine flour and garlic powder.
        2.Make a well in the flour mixture and gradually stir in vegetable oil, cheese, beaten egg and milk until well blended.
        3.Knead dough on a flured surface, about 3-4 minutes.
        4.With a rolling pin, roll dough to 1/2″ thickness.
        5.Cut with cookie cutter and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
        6.Bake 25 minutes at 400 F.
        7.Cool on rack and store, at room temperature, in a container with a loose fitting lid.

I will warn you from experiance that they smell quite bad when baking but the dogs love them.

Thanks! I’m going to try it out. I think my friends’ dogs will love them also! πŸ˜€

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.