fbpx

AKITA dogs need home ASAP More News

Home Forums Miscellany Community AKITA dogs need home ASAP More News

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    purpledragonclaw
    Participant

I’ve never heard of German Shepherds referred to that way, thank you, setsuna!

setsunawolf wrote:

I was worried about her. If my friend didn’t already have a rescue boy with issues, she’d have snapped this pup up in a heart beat. I’m a husky, GSD person myself but my friend is all about the Akita. πŸ™‚

I started reading up on Akitas after I got Alf (Akita/Chow) The more I learned the more I fell in love. Still it was eight years before I got Takara. I love her so much! I’d love to have Milly but our neighbors are cause for worry. There are Chihuahuas on one side and Dachshunds on the other. Our fence will keep our dogs in but not theirs out πŸ™ The Chihuahuas come in our yard and try to pick fights…and they lose. But at least their owners keep them in or supervised for the most part. The Dachshunds on the other hand πŸ™„ Their people think it’s cute to ride their golf cart down the road with the little dogs running behind. Two of our dogs slipped out where the other neighbors kids bent/broke the fence and their dog got bit (it’s ok though) They were screaming and yelling about our vicious dog and how first time he sets a paw off the property he’s getting shot
      We’ve had issues with them before. They have the attitude that they and their dogs have the right of way in the road and everyone elses should be kept chained since after all only bigger dogs are a threat πŸ‘Ώ Stupid people. If they didn’t run their dogs out there like bait it wouldn’t happen in the first place πŸ‘Ώ
      Didn’t mean to go down that rabbit trail :shrug:

purpledragonclaw
      Participant

I understand your frustration, khat. It won’t be the last time we discuss irresponsible pet owners, I’m sure.

purpledragonclaw wrote:

I understand your frustration, khat. It won’t be the last time we discuss irresponsible pet owners, I’m sure.

I know. πŸ™ And we did repair the fence. Also our dogs are in the house,on runners or on leashes when outside while we re-do the fence. πŸ˜€

Skylover is selling some pieces to help out with Milly
        http://www.windstoneeditions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10880
        She is meeting her today and hopefully bringing her home πŸ™‚

Fbby, Bo, and Kimi were picked up yesterday. They are going to a home with three girls age 12, 13, and 14 and seemed to really hit it off. I’m glad everyone is finding homes but my heart is breaking for Ann. I know she feels like she is giving away her kids. I so wish she could keep at least one πŸ˜₯

Katherine
        Participant

Aww! It must be hard selling the puppies. πŸ™

eaglefeather831 wrote:

Aww! It must be hard selling the puppies. πŸ™

Yes, it has been very hard for her. These last few dogs have been her family and companions for the last five years. She gave them away just to be sure they had good homes. Milly went home with Skylover today. The last dog is going to West Virginia this weekend. Ann will be moving in with her Mom and son next week. No pets πŸ™

purpledragonclaw
          Participant

I’m glad Skylover was able to adopt her! That’s great news!

At least Ann will still be with family; they will help her through the loss of her dogs. It’s sad that she had to give her dogs away, but at least she will be living with people she knows.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.