Advice on shipping a damaged Winstone

Home Forums Windstone Editions Repairs Advice on shipping a damaged Winstone

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Michelle
    Participant

Hey, everyone, I need a little guidance. I figured there are some people here who have had experience with this sort of thing, so I thought I’d ask around.

I have a bad cat gargoyle I ordered from ebay recently that was shipped to me improperly. He and a little dragon gargoyle I bought from the same dealer were wrapped in bubble wrap and put in the same box with a bunch of newspaper. Needless to say, damages occured. The little dragon only had a couple of pieces chipped off (I’m pretty sure I can repair this guy fairly easilly), but the cat had one of his wings smashed up. It wasn’t until after I started doing some research on the subject that I found the Windstone shipping tips ebay page. -_- If only I had known.

Thankfully the seller is going to be giving me a full refund and he’s not asking me to send the gargoyles back. He’s actually been very easy to work with. I managed to find a store to buy a replacement kitty gargoyle at, so that made me happy. Now comes the part that I need some advice with.

I have a friend who wants to try her hand at repairing the gargoyle and I figured I’d give her the kitty since I didn’t end up paying anything for it. I kept the box that the replacement came in, it’s the original Windstone box with the cardboard inserts for it. I’m going to double box it, but I want to make sure that I’ve done everything I can to prevent more breakage. I’ll post some pictures of the damage below.

Does anyone have any advice for packaging this gargoyle for his journey? Any info would be GREATLY appreciated! 🙂
      And now, pictures!

Poor kitty!

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

I would reccommend wrapping the small pieces in small bubbl wrap or tissue paper and puting them in a small box. Bubble wrap that BIG wing chunk and put that in its own box. then heavily bubble wrap and box the cat iteslf. Then put the 3 boxes, in one large box or shipping with apadding around in between the 3 boxes.

I do a lot of repairs, and boxing them individually works best. Even when bubbled heavily, large pieces always seem to find a way to eachother and something always comes out the looser. >_<

Hope you're friend can fix him, if not, I'd love to give him a new home <3 I love those cat gargoyles <3 <3 <3 ^_^

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.