fbpx

Abuse of Private Messages / You're responsible for your word

Home Forums Windstone Editions Announcements Abuse of Private Messages / You're responsible for your word

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer
      Keymaster

Hi all!

Regrettably this is something I have to address. I had hoped I’d never have to!

Private Messaging within the forum is a privilege- please don’t abuse it. Unfortunately I have had a report of members using this as a form of harassment. Please, never use the Private Message system to harass or otherwise be nasty to another forum member. I’m not talking a civil discussion or simple disagreement, but actual harassment.

The dictionary definition of harassment is as follows:
        1. to disturb persistently; torment, as with troubles or cares; bother continually; pester; persecute.
        2. to trouble by repeated attacks, incursions, etc., as in war or hostilities; harry; raid.

However, each situation is unique and it should never get to the point where another member feels genuinely harassed.

If you do feel that another member is genuinely harassing you, please either send me (via private message or email, my email is located in my profile! nambroth (at) gmail (dot) com ) a copy of the harassing PM and who it was from. Or, you can send me a screen-shot of the PM. Now, this is a judgment sort of thing, but if it is deemed a member is actually harassing another, they will receive a warning, and then if it continues further discipline, up to a ban. I don’t want to do this. Please make me forget I even wrote this rule!!

Also, and this is really important: Windstone nor its employees are responsible for the users here, or the content. We do our best to remove offensive things and we do our best to help, but at no time is Windstone responsible for, affiliated with, in agreement with or otherwise responsible for in any way anything a user here posts.
        I will try to help smooth things over if you have a problem with someone, but please understand at the end of the day, the only parties responsible for their words are the ones that type them, NOT Windstone. If you have an argument or nasty encounter with someone, though I try to help, only you and the other person are responsible for what is said and done- not us!! We only supply the sandbox- it’s up to the kids to play nice!!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.