A WTF, Whine and Heck Yeah all in One

Home Forums Miscellany Community A WTF, Whine and Heck Yeah all in One

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Elena
    Participant

Sooo….
      Just over 7 years ago I was involved in a rather traumatic workplace accident. There was no official accident investigation, the company I was working for basically said it was my fault (for something I now know I NEVER should have been doing in the first place) and tried to pretend it didn’t happen so it would go away. Long story short, it’s left me with some severe issues that had been getting progressively worse and making it harder and harder to work. I’ve been through the wringer with workers comp, the government (in 2 provinces), doctors, etc. which led to me slamming head first into the bottom of the pit at the start of this year.

So have been painfully attempting to claw my way back for the last several months and things are finally starting to look up. I was finally sent for a full evaluation which has come back as Severe Depression ๐Ÿ™ , Severe General Anxiety :~ and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Military Grade PTSD :(( So not what I wanted to hear :(( . At least I’ve got an appointment now with someone to hopefully start dealing with this. After 7 years its hard to be anymore optimistic.

What it also means is that I shouldn’t be doing the job I have (which I was doing when the accident happened) and went to college for and love because it causes way to much stress :(( . Have been working with a career counselor and come up with a plan and start back to school on Monday.

As school gets closer (orientation is Thursday) I’m panicking over whether this is the right choice, can I really do this, etc. I keep telling myself I can do this and maybe at some point I’ll actually believe it.

I believe that education is always a positive choice. It isn’t always easy and can be expensive but the more education you get the more options you have. But starting something new is scary under the best of circumstances and it sounds as if you are dealing with a whole lot of things. So tell yourself it is ok to be scared. It is ok to have second (or 100;) thoughts. And then just take it one day at a time. It sounds as if you are making really good decisions and are getting help for the depression and PTSD. Keep reminding yourself that things will get better and that YOU will get better. And then come to the forum any time you need to vent or just talk to friends. *big hugs*

dragonmedley
      Participant

What she said.

Keep going forward. Smile. Always find the good side to things, even if it’s really small.

Big hugs!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Kiya
        Participant

School can definately be hard and scary, but you can do it! If you need encouragement, you can always just come ask us. ๐Ÿ™‚

I know you’ll get through it and things will be brighter on the other side. Good deal that you’re finally getting help. That’s such a positive step!

Carolyn
          Participant

Learn to not hold grudges . Who ever hurt you well , your hurting your self more then your hurting them . Learn to let go .
            Yeah I get mad , but in the end I let it go . Let the past be past .
            But I’m human too and I do have flashbacks that just make me mad to remember . But it never lasts long .

Have resolved one problem with someone and so happy and it’s in the past now .

Yes it’s over ! Thank you to Jennifer .

Carolyn
            Participant

Just having a rotten day . I hate cooking and today was bad . Can’t use something that falls on the floor .
              Mondays suck .

bayoudragon
              Participant

Soooo tired! T.T Last Saturday we put 1700+ people through the haunted house. I thought it was some kind of fluke. I mean, c’mon people, it’s only September! Thursday was slow, but tonight we ran through 1778 people! o.O Seriously!? WTF! I fear for tomorrow. It’s an LSU home day game. There is going to be a crap-ton of drunk people in the area. I’m going to cry if it’s over 2000. Hopefully, everyone will be too tired after the game and just go home (wishful thinking). It’s no where near Halloween!!! I fear for the insanity that is to come we closer we get to October 31st. >.<

EDIT: OMG, really…. 4026 people!! It's only the second Saturday of our run. I'm so freakin' tired.

Carolyn
                Participant

I guess people are in the mood for Halloween . I know I am . But thats me all the time .

bayoudragon
                  Participant

Yeah! Just a couple more minutes before the Weather Channel airs TopTober… it’s focus on haunted houses. I hope the Gate footage is good. ๐Ÿ˜†

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.