A somewhat delayed "Hiya"

Home Forums Miscellany Introductory and Welcoming Area A somewhat delayed "Hiya"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Misty
    Participant

Well, I have been lurking around the forum for ages now and recently started to post so I thought I would officially say “Hi”! I am a stay at home mom and wildlife/fantasy artist. I have only recently had time to get back into painting, drawing and other artwork since my daughter (who is a special needs child) has started up school. I look forward painting lots of windstone critters and to drooling over all the wonderful pieces I have seen on here from the windstone crew and from individual artists. Glad to meet ya!

Carolyn
      Participant

Nice to meet you too . I love to ssew things . Working on furry bats . I hand make them . They are cute fantasy bats . I make them out of long fake fur .
        Being creative is one of my faverite things to do . Unless a fan is on and fur goes every where like today . No fun dusting after that .
        Have fun here .

good to meet you opal dragon! i am also a stay at home mom and (aspiring) fantasy artist. my daughter is only 2.5 now (and a second one due any time now) so it will be a while till i get to do a lot more painting like i want too. i’d love to see some of your stuff! and welcome to the forum 🙂

Misty
        Participant

Nice to meet you too . I love to ssew things . Working on furry bats . I hand make them . They are cute fantasy bats . I make them out of long fake fur .
          Being creative is one of my faverite things to do . Unless a fan is on and fur goes every where like today . No fun dusting after that .
          Have fun here .

Furry bats?? Do you have pictures, I keep picturing a dust bunny with wings :bigsmile: That would be kinda cute though lol.

Carolyn
          Participant

Waiting for my camera to come . I’ve been making bats . I sent one to Wolfenmachine as a thank you . I asked her if they would be worth 8.00 each and she said yes . I got fox fur… lots of it , Leopard , black , brown . White I’m low on hard to find high pile fake fur . Any color . I’ll make purple bats if I can .
            Long tails , fuzzy ears and wings too . I only cut the fur down around the face to make the rinestones I use for the eyes to stick down better .
            They are cute about 6 to 8 in. wing tip to wing tip .

Misty
            Participant

Sounds cute! Will be neat to see pics when you get your camera. Have you tried fake sheepskins for fur? I know some companies sell them in various colors. Might be a bit much fur at once though 🙂

Carolyn
              Participant

Not yet . Sheep fur might make fun ones . Different at least . Working on fox fur ones . The longer pile makes them very fuzzy . Yes like dust bunnies with wings , tails and glittery eyes . That sounds creepy . lol . Creepy dust bunnies , not a good idea . Tempting though .

When I get my camera I will post them under General Art and under Non Windstone Flea Market for sale under my thread there .

Carolyn
                Participant

Made some dust bunnies with eyes . Round little fur balls with rinestone or pony bead eyes . My cat liked his .
                  Got to go bad weather .

Bodine
                  Participant

Love that dragon.Can we see a pic of the entire thing please?Welcome 🙂

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                    (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                    Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Misty
                    Participant

Here ya go, there is another view of him in my PYO thread :bigsmile: I am finishing up another and will post pics soon. Glad you like him.

darjeb
                      Participant

WELCOME FROM THE SUNSHINE STATE

Just remember Windstones are addictive

Misty
                        Participant

Just remember Windstones are addictive

Gods do I know that, lol. I got my first windstone late 80’s early 90’s as a christmas present, I have been collecting ever since :bigsmile: If I had the money every flat surface in the house would probably have a windstone sculpture on it!

Riversgrace
                          Participant

I believe you are the one who painted the Stargazer Lilly Keeper, and I must say she is a total favorite!!!!!

Misty
                            Participant

Thanks! She is my favorite one of the dragons I painted so far :bigsmile:

twindragonsmum
                              Participant

Photobucket

So glad you found us!

twindragonsmum 8)

tdm

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.