fbpx

A Fuzzy Adventure-long story version is up-ENJOY!

Home Forums Miscellany General Writing Discussion A Fuzzy Adventure-long story version is up-ENJOY!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

This is my little Fuzzy story.It is my first attempt at any writing and it shows but it was fun.I tried and had I actually had fun doing it.Congrats DF.Yours was definetly the winner.It was adorable.
      Hope this works.

My Little Fuzzy Story{1st}
      MaryMichelleWard
      THE NEW ONE

The Sun shone brightly that mid-summer morn. Bonzai rushed onto the tree branch to his Unca Cyclops’ side.
      “Did you hear!? Did you hear Unca Cyclops?! Huh, Huh? Did you hear!?”
      Unca Cyclops liked Bonzai. He intently gazed at him with his slow manner, which by the way drove a Fuzzy like Bonzai completely nuts with impatience, but after a moment he asked the anxious child, “What?”

Bonzai exclaimed, “Unca Cyclops, we are getting to go on an adventure! There is a “New One” soon and we ALL get to go meet it! Isn’t that wonderful news!?”
      Fuzzyz do love adventures.[1]

Bonzai rose before sun up time with Unca Cyclops, Pinkie, who is Bonzai’s sister, Pernerple and his sisters, Sparkle and the twins. Bonzai and Unca Cyclops laughed watching Pernerple try to gather the girls up. This was not an easy task you see. The twins were aged two. One skitters off in this direction while the other takes off in that one. He wanted to go help his friend gather the twins but decided it was much more fun watching him try by himself.

Bonzai and Unca Cyclops chatted about this one and that one as Fuzzyz began arriving for the adventure ahead. Pirate Joe, Yellow-Mellow, Cheekie and Chonker came wandering up so Bonzai skittered off to help Pernerple gather his sisters.
      Fuzzyz like to have fun.[2]

Granny Blu was the oldest Fuzzy in our forest but could still keep up with the best of us. She had a Blessing to perform very soon. Granny said she had never missed a birth in her lifetime and wasn’t about to start now.
      She raised her head and with a clear, strong voice she said, “Come, gather all! Gather your kin and what you need for the trip. Let’s be on our way. The “New One” is soon to arrive. A new birth is a magical thing to behold and should not be missed.”

Bonzai secretly wished it to be a new UNICORN. They were the most magical being in all the land. It was forbidden to wish for any particular “New One”.We all are taught that all beings are born to be what they are meant to be and should never be wished away for another.
      He looked up at Granny Blu with big questioning eyes but said nothing. Granny noticed, though she didn’t seem to. She knew what those big eyes were asking for. Granny cleared her throat slightly so as to only get his attention and said quietly, “Would you like to hear a very special story my little one?”
      “Oh yes! Please Granny Blu!” He was bubbling with anticipation.
      Fuzzyz love stories. She smiled warmly as she began her little tale.[3]

“It was a warm, clear night with all the sky ablaze with the brilliance of the stars shining above. A voice spoke softly to me in my head saying, “Come, come into the forest. Come to the apple grove by the stream.”
      Enchanted, I rushed out into the night. The forest is strange in the dark. Creepy crawlies all around. Wolves, bats, any number of critters could come along and snatch me up in a heartbeat but I wasn’t really afraid. I had to find the one whose lovely voice was in my head. The voice was soothing and gentle. It coaxed me on.

“Come, come little one. Meet my “New One” for you are the Blessings’ Chosen.”
      I rounded a big apple tree and there, lying in a bed of flowers lay the most beautiful, magical sight you could ever behold. There lay a snow white baby unicorn. The Mother smiled at me and she whispered to me to come closer again. I collected myself and slittered up next to the baby. It opened it’s eyes then for the first time since I had been enthralled by them and looked straight at me. If I had had legs Bonzai, they would have let me down because I melted.

The “New One” looked at me for a moment in time that seemed to have lasted an eternity before lifting it’s nose to it’s Mother.
      “Why me?” I thought to myself.
      At that moment the “New One” turned to me and touched me lightly with his horn. It was at that instant that I knew I was the Chosen One. I was the one chosen by the Blessing.
      The Mother told me his name was Brea and he was to be the Unicorn Lord of the Forest. That we were to be friends for all eternity. I stayed with them as Brea learned to stand, run, and play. I rode upon his back as his Mother took him to the stream. We said our goodbyes and when I looked back, they were gone.”
      With that Granny Blu went quiet. I could tell she was back at the stream on that night when she became the Protector of the Blessing.[4]

As the Sun started to set Granny Blu raised her head up high and said, “We are almost there. Please, be silent.”
      All fell quiet as we rounded a big apple tree and what beheld our eyes took our breaths away. We saw many critters of the forest all gathered around. There in the middle shone a bright light. Granny Blu looked at me and motioned me forward. I couldn’t believe it when I heard a soft voice in my head asking me to step up into the light.

“Come forth young one, for you are now the Chosen One.”
      There, in the stillness of the night, lay the most fabulous sight my eyes had ever beheld. There with it’s Father Brea standing close by, lay a beautiful baby Unicorn. It looked at me and spoke to me in my mind as it said, “I am LaNae’a and you are our Chosen One of the Blessing. You will be my friend for all eternity.”

If I had had legs, they would have folded.[5]

Bonzai & LaNae’a
      Back cover
      Oct.4,2013
      Mary Michelle Ward

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Bodine
      Participant

Sorry for typos and no pics,draft copy.

Kim
        Blocked

I think it’s a cute story! I would have normally jumped at the chance to write a story for something but I can’t draw illustrations and didn’t know if I could take creative enough pictures but i enjoyed everyone else’s stories!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Bodine
          Participant

Since I won’t be able to do exactly what I wanted with this and it has already been sent to the person it was meant for so here it is.I hope you like it.Silly I know,but this is my first attempt at writing and I think it is a cute little story that just popped up and out of my head.Have fun reading “The New One.”
            Image and video hosting by TinyPic
            THE NEW ONE
            A Fuzzy Adventure

The Sun shone brightly that mid-summer morn. There was excitement in the air. The critters of the forest were all abuzz. Bonzai rushed onto the tree branch to his Unca’s side so excited.
            “Did you hear!? Did you hear Unca Cyclops?! Huh,Huh? Did you hear!?”
            Unca Cyclops liked Bonzai. He was always so lively and excitable. Unca Cyclops intently gazed at Bonzai with his slow manner, which by the way drove a Fuzzy like Bonzai completely nuts with impatience, but after a moment he flatly asked the anxious child, “What?”
            That was all Bonzai needed to hear. He was so excited he almost fell out of the tree! “Unca Cyclops, we are getting to go on an adventure! There is a “New One” soon and we ALL get to go meet it! Isn’t that wonderful news!?”
            Fuzzyz are very happy.

Unca Cyclops tried but could not contain himself any longer. He let out a WHOOP-WHOOP! that startled Bonzai so much he almost fell out of the tree again! They looked at each other and both laughed whole-heartedly for a bit before deciding to scramble down from their perch and go find some morning dew and nutrients.
            Bonzai busied himself all day with imagining, playing, sleeping and having fun of course like all Fuzzyz do. He was anxious for Granny Blu to come out with some grand news of the “New One’s” arrival.
            After munchtime Bonzai could hardly rest. His thoughts were filled with images of the new baby. “What will it be, what will it be?” A dragon? A unicorn? Another Fuzzy? Finally,after long hours of imaginings, he drifted off into Fuzzyland of Dreams for the night.
            Fuzzyz have wonderful Fuzzy dreams.

Bonzai rose very early, before sun up time the next day. He scrambled outside to see all of the Fuzzyz gathering for the trip. There was Unca Cyclops watching the crowd intently, which is always his manner but raised himself high at the sight of his favorite nef.
            “Come here Bonzai.Come stay by me for a bit and keep me company.” Bonzai slittered over the Unca Cyclops, “Good day to you Unca!” “Good day to you Bonzai. Are you prepared for this adventure? Have you a gift to bring the new one?”
            Oh no,thought Bonzai.He hadn’t thought of that.He had nothing to give.His look of disappointment moved Unca Cyclop’s heart dearly and so he told the young one,”Now Bonzai,no worry.You can gather berries and flowers along the way. I am sure the new one will enjoy them immensely. It will be very hungry after being brought into a new world. All will be happily accepted I am sure.”
            Fuzzyz love to share.

This news cheered Bonzai up and brought back his excitement. He looked around at the hustle and bustle going on all around him. There was Long Neck stretching his neck high to see above the rest.He always seemed so smug to Bonzai when he did that and he thought to himself,a little comical too. Pernerple was there with his sisters, the Bobbsie Twins and Sparkles. He was busy trying to get them all gathered up for a head count before starting out. This was not an easy task you see. The Bobbsie twins were aged two and we all know what that’s like so poor Pern had a dreadful time keeping up with them. One skitters off in this direction while the other takes off in that one.
            Meanwhile….Sparkles, with her uppity air,just set there combing her lovely sparkles oblivious to her big brothers plight. She was very sweet you see but a very self centered little Fuzzy who dedicated ninety percent of her time to herself.
            Bonzai wanted to go help his friend gather the twins but decided it was much more fun watching him try by himself.
            Fuzzyz love to laugh and can’t resist a good joke.

Bonzai and Unca Cyclops chatted about this one and that one as they watched the Fuzzyz coming and going with amusement together. There was Tangerine Dream, the Black Sheapes, Moomoo, Sour Apple, and Liberace all gathered in front of the dew pond drinking their morning dew and all were intently watching for Pinky to appear.She was my sis and I could have told them that Pinky comes out when Pinky is ready to come out but it was more fun to see them scramble over each other trying to catch the first glimpse of her in the morn sun.
            Fuzzyz are very loving.
            There was a small commotion on the edge of the village as more Fuzzyz began arriving. There was Pirate Joe, and Yellow-Mellow. Cheekie and Chonker came wandering up to us all bright eyed and ready to go. They were all old friends of Unca Cyclops. He nodded at me to go play for they had plans to make before the trip and I should go find my friends now. In a blink Bonzai flew off to help Pernerple gather up his sisters.
            Everyone was beginning to show up now.Greeting loved ones,old friends, and having nutrients together. This was going to be a grand adventure indeed!
            Fuzzyz love adventures

Bonzai’s family were just getting up and began gathering for the trip. Sis was combing her fuzz out from the night’s rest. Pinky was a rascal. She was born to ride. She loved the feel of the air flowing all around her as she flew as fast as she could get anyone or anything for that matter to take her. She was daring and brave. Nothing like Sparkles though they were best of friends.
            Pinky was a rare pink Fuzzy. It was said THE most beautiful pink Fuzzy in all of the forest.
            All the bros liked her. They would bribe Fireflies with treats and goodies to take them for a midnight ride just to sit next to her. They would be thrilled and terrified at the same time because Pinky was beautiful but tough. She was not one to wrestle with.She could tie any Fuzzy up in a knot so fast it takes half the village to get you loose again.
            Fuzzyz can be very daring.

Pinky only had eyes for one Fuzzy. She tried to keep it to herself but couldn’t help herself from gazing longingly into his three eyes. Blinky. Oh how she loved the name. Blinky. She never tired of saying it over and over in her head. She dared not admit this out loud for fear someone would hear her and tell him. She loved his orange fuzz. She loved his three eyes. He was the only Fuzzy she had ever seen with so many wonderful black eyes. She could just lose herself in them. She never told him though. She had to admit to herself that she did like all of the attention she got from the bro Fuzzyz and wasn’t quite ready to give that up yet honestly. Besides, Blinky had never given her any reason to think he liked her.He never waited with the other bros for her at the dew pond every morning. He never bribed Fireflies or deer to take her on exciting rides like the others so she kept her love for him hidden.Maybe,one day….she sighed deeply.
            “Today is going to be a magical day. Today we go to meet a new baby.”she said out loud to change her train of thought. She so loved babies as do all female Fuzzyz. She loved their big round eyes, the oh-so-soft fur of a newbie just shone brilliantly with new magic in her eyes. She jumped up, put her brush down,stretched her tail and headed out to greet the day.
            Fuzzyz have lots of love to give.

Mom Greyheim, Pop Greybeard, Granny Blu and baby bro, Leopold, all followed Pinky out into the bright light of day. Mom and Pop helped Granny Blu down the hometree onto the soft ground. Granny Blu was the oldest Fuzzy in our forest. She had lived so long all had forgotten, including herself, how old she really was. She was old but could still keep up with the best of us. She said she had never missed a birth in her lifetime and wasn’t about to start now. She had a Blessing to perform afterall.
            She looked around at the crowd gathering close about her. When granny spoke, all the Fuzzyz stopped what they were doing and listened. She was the elder of our clan and drew much respect from all Fuzzy type. She raised her head and with a clear, strong voice you would have expected to have come from a younger Fuzzy, she proclaimed, “Come,gather all! Gather your kin and what you need for the trip and let’s be on our way. I sense the “New One”is soon to arrive. Come! We must greet it as soon as possible. A new birth is a magical thing to behold and should not be missed.”
            With that every Fuzzy there let out a hoot and holler that scattered the birds that were all about helping with the preperations. Everyone laughed whole-heartedly and chattered excitedly as they all moved in behind Granny Blu for the day ahead.
            Fuzzyz love to laugh but mostly,Fuzzyz love adventures.

Bonzai hurried as fast as he could helping his friend get the twins in line so he could get to Granny Blu’s side. He always liked walking beside her on walks. She told the most amazing stories and always made him laugh lots. Along the way Bonzai flittered about inbetween walking beside Granny and talking to all the Fuzzyz. He wandered back to the Bros to see what was up with them.They were mostly chattering about Pinky so he is just went on. Better things to do and hear than stories of woe for his sister. Pinky and Sparkles skittered along ahead of them chattering and giggling all the way as girls do. They talked so fast at times I honestly don’t see how they had time to breathe.
            He went on and found his best friend Pernerple still trying desperately to keep the twins in line with everyone else. When they saw Bonzai the Twins got quiet. Pern was always astounded at the affect Bonzai had on them. They were loud, unruly little girls until he showed up. Pernerple looked at his friend and whispered, “Thank you so much for coming back here with me.I really needed a break.” Bonzai just chuckled at his friend, threw him a wink and scittered off away quickly. Immediately the twins were off at the same time as if Bonzai had set loose a release catch and turned them loose. He looked at his friend’s predicament as Pern took off after the twins again and laughed gleefully. That would keep Pern busy for awhile.Now what else could he do for a laugh.
            Fuzzyz are a bit impish at times.

Along the way a few more Fuzzyz joined the troupe. Here came Mrs.Baab, Zeb, Ziggy and Zaggy, the Lavender Brothers from Shroon Village deeper in the forest. They were greeted with many smiles and welcomes. “Never can there be too many Fuzzyz”,thought Bonzai. He giggled at the Lavender Brothers. They were very comical to watch. One would zig and the other would zag but they were inseperable. You never saw one without the other. “I wonder how many times they have bopped heads doing that?” Bonzai mused to himself.
            Fuzzyz are very polite and he would never say anything to hurt anyone’s feelings but his thoughts were,afterall,his own and he couldn’t help but chuckle to himself at the sight.
            Mrs.Baab and Mom Greyheim were best of friends.They had been friends for many long days. Mrs.Baab always joined us for any occassion just to get out and show off her fancy fur fuzz to everyone even though she grumbled about the dirt getting in her hair when she did. Zeb was Mrs.Baab’s young one. He was aged tween and liked to join the bros to watch the girls go by. They lived in the big oak tree by the lane in Shroon Village.
            Some Fuzzyz live in the forest, in trees and bushes of all sorts.

It was now about midtime and they all gathered around a dew pond for a noon drink and nutrients. Everyone laughed and joked enjoying each other’s company. Many conversations were about the “New One”. They all mused as to whether it would be a boy or girl, a new Fuzzy,
            or perhaps a new DRAGON! A new dragon in the forest is always a wonderful thing. Bonzai set quietly next to Granny Blu, intently listening to as much of the conversations as he possibly could. He knew any “New One” is a forest blessing but he had a secret. He secretly wished it to be a new UNICORN. He so loved the unicorns. They were the most magical being in all the land. Nothing could compare to their majesty, their grace, their power, and boy,what a power they have too. He couldn’t help himself for wishing it to be a unicorn. It was forbidden in the forest to wish for any particular “New One”. We all are taught that all beings are born to be what they are meant to be and should never be wished away for another. The Grand Muse chooses what it shall be and no other.We all knew this but still….he couldn’t help himself.
            Fuzzyz like to daydream too.

After midtime’s rest we all gathered ourselves and moved ahead. It was quite a journey for the Fuzzyz. They moved slowly but none minded at all. It was always nice to see old friends and gather with loved ones for whatever reason though this was a very special one.
            Bonzai was slittering alongside Granny Blu quietly. He looked up at her with big questioning eyes but said nothing. Granny noticed, though she didn’t seem to. She knew what those big eyes were asking for. Granny Blu cleared her throat slightly so as to only get his attention and said quietly, “Would you like to hear a very special story my little one?” Bonzai looked up with all the contained excitement in a child that one could muster and said quietly back,”Oh yes! Please Granny Blu.” She smiled and began her little tale to help pass the time.
            Fuzzyz love their Grannys.

“Well,when I was a little Fuzz, a bit like you are now Bonzai, I had a little adventure of my own I would like to share with you.” she said as she raised one eye. “Of course Granny Blu.” Bonzai replied. Granny was making sure I was paying attention before she started her tale. She smiled warmly then and began telling me about her little adventure.
            “It was a warm, clear night and all the sky was ablaze with the brilliance of the stars shining above. I could not rest. All of the village lay quiet and peacefully sleeping but me. I just couldn’t shut my eyes. Something in my head, I swear, it was talking to me. The voice softly repeated, “Come, come into the forest. Come to the apple grove by the stream.” I thought to myself that this is impossible but still, wouldn’t it be a fun? So I got up quietly, my Mom and Pop were sleeping soundly and didn’t notice me leave and enchanted,I slipped away into the night. I was all alone except for the voice still in my head coaxing me to come along to the stream. I slittered along on the soft ground, wondering if I were nuts for doing this by myself but once I was at the village edge there was no turning back. I did hesitiate for a moment and looked back to see if anyone was awake and had noticed me not a sound except for the voice in my head. It sounded more urgent now as if it could sense my hesitation. It got the best of me. I HAD to go find out where the voice was coming from and why it seemed only I could hear it. So away I went into the night. The forest is strange at night. Creepy crawlies all around. Wolves, bats, any number of critters could come along and snatch me up in a heartbeat but I wasn’t really afraid. I didn’t know why but I knew, no felt, that all would be well.
            Fuzzyz are very brave.

I followed the little trail that seemed to be laid out for me. Odd that I had been in the forest many times in the day but had never noticed the tiny little trail I was on. I knew I was getting close. I could smell the apple orchard. Fuzzyz love apples too by the way and our noses may be all but invisible but they can smell apples real good.
            The voice in my head urged me on. It was a bit of a skitter to get there but I found the apples. What a delicious smell! I so wanted to stop and eat until my belly hurt but I had to find what wondrous being it was attached to the lovely voice in my head. The closer I got to the stream, the louder it was until I realized it was no longer in my head but in my ears.
            Fuzzyz do have ears you know, you just can’t find them for all the fuzzy hair.
            The voice was soothing and gentle. It said to me. “Come, come little one and meet my “New One” for you are the Blessings’ Chosen.”
            I rounded a big apple tree and there, lying in a bed of flowers underneath a big oak tree lay the most beautiful, magical sight you could ever behold. There lay a snow white baby unicorn.

It was the most amazing thing I had ever beheld. I just stared at it for a moment in disbelief, not even seeing the Mother Unicorn laying beside it at first. All my eyes could see was the tiny bundle of pure white magic. The Mother smiled at me and nodded for me to move closer. I couldn’t believe it. I was chosen to meet this magical being for the first time and I was the only one called.
            Fuzzyz love new babies.

I looked up at her, hardly able to tear my eyes from the “New One” and she whispered to me to come closer again. I collected myself and slittered up next to the baby. It opened it’s eyes then for the first time since I had been enthralled by them and looked straight at me.
            If I had had legs Bonzai, they would have let me down because I melted. I had never felt such power or beheld anything so maginficent in any other being I had known.
            The “New One” looked at me for a moment in time that seemed to have lasted an eternity before lifting it’s nose to it’s Mother. They touched noses in a gentle embrace and their horns began to glow. It got brighter and brighter until I was blinded by their light. I felt a warm sensation flowing through me as I watched and admired them. Still in awe by having been chosen but puzzled, I thought,”Why me?” At that moment the “New One” turned to me and touched me lightly with his horn. It was at that instant that I knew with all my heart that I was the Chosen One. I was the one chosen by the Blessing. I was the one chosen to welcome all “New Ones” in the forest from this day on.I was so blessed.
            Fuzzyz are very special.

The Mother told me his name was Brea and he was to be the Unicorn Lord of the Forest. That we were to be friends for all eternity. I stayed with them all night as Brea learned to stand, run and play. I rode upon his back as his Mother took him to the stream and taught him to carefully drink the cool, refreshing water and not to fall in. The Mermaids of the Waters came up to greet him and bless him with long life while I watched in total amazement at the honor that had been given to me. Me! We played a bit more and then rested awhile. His Mother told me it was now my duty to welcome all “New Ones” in ceremony. To protect the forest and speak with the Muses that carry grace to all living in the forest. It was my honor until another is chosen by the Blessing themselves. I told her I would care for them all and keep them, the forest and all that lived there at grace with the world.
            We said our goodbyes and I slittered sadly back to the village. I had to stop and look back once more before leaving but they were gone.
            I tried to go to sleep after that but it was impossible. The adventure I had just experienced and from what the Unicorns told me of my future? Who could possibly sleep? So now my little Bonzai,do you see?”
            With that Granny Blu went quiet. I could tell by her way that she was very deep in thought. Granny Blu was back at the stream on that night when she became the Protector of the Blessing.
            I didn’t disturb her thoughts.I was deep with thoughts of my own.
            Fuzzyz do have a mind of their own.

As the Sun started to set Granny Blu raised her head up high and said, “We are almost there. Please, be silent.” All fell quiet as we all hurried along through the apple grove. Granny Blu was right about wanting to getting your belly filled with apples. I laughed to myself as I caught a glimpse of Pernerple as he skittered off after the twins.They were headed for the nearest apples to munch with no thought of being left behind. As we rounded a big apple tree what beheld our eyes took our breaths away. We saw many animals and beings of the forest all gathered around something. There in the middle of them shone a brilliant light.
            Granny Blu looked at me and motioned me forward with her. I couldn’t believe it. Granny was letting me go first to see the “New One”. I couldn’t believe it when I heard a soft voice in my head asking me to step up into the light. I looked at Granny Blu smiling brightly as she said to me, “Go forth, for you are now the Chosen One.”
            My eyes teared up in disbelief as I looked from Granny to the sight that lay before me. There, in the stillness of the night, lay the most fabulous sight my eyes had ever beheld. There with it’s Mother and Father Brea close by, lay a beautiful baby Unicorn. It looked at me with the biggest blue eyes and spoke to me in my mind as it said, “I am LaNae’a and you are our Chosen One of the Blessing. You will be my friend for all eternity.”
            If I had had legs,they would have folded.

FINI [?]LOVE FUZZY
            written and photos by:M.Michelle Ward

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.