fbpx

6am visitor – Sad News :(

Home Forums Miscellany Community 6am visitor – Sad News :(

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 105 total)
  • Author

Akeyla wrote:

if you ever awake with a funny taste on your tongue that is because bugs (and that includes spiders) like warm and moist spaces.
    so, saying your 6am visitor aimed to volunteer as breakfast is not exaggerating.

(ever since my friend told me this I forced myself to sleep with a closed mouth)

Gah… yuck… but then again, I’ve woken up with the spider still in my mouth (almost glad no one was home, though I’m surprised the cops weren’t called I was screamin so much….)

He was just a little guy, but… yuck.

thats a cool spider 😀 .

I remember years ago a Wolf Spider jumped on my mothers chest while she was napping on the recliner . I heard her scream so i went out and saw her frozen in fear with this thing sitting there staring at her wiggling his front legs , darned thing was as big around as a soda can circumference . I started to bust up laughing ticking her off . I then grabbed a bat and she got more freaked out like i was gonna hit her ( mission accomplished ) She then jumped up and it flew off and just sat on the carpet , she doused the thing with a whole can of spray and it just walked away .

Good thing she didnt get bit though , she got bit by a tiny one years later and found out she had an allergy to them and needed IV antibiotics … i still remind her of that thing too

Necron99 wrote:

thats a cool spider 😀 .

I remember years ago a Wolf Spider jumped on my mothers chest while she was napping on the recliner . I heard her scream so i went out and saw her frozen in fear with this thing sitting there staring at her wiggling his front legs , darned thing was as big around as a soda can circumference . I started to bust up laughing ticking her off . I then grabbed a bat and she got more freaked out like i was gonna hit her ( mission accomplished ) She then jumped up and it flew off and just sat on the carpet , she doused the thing with a whole can of spray and it just walked away .

Good thing she didnt get bit though , she got bit by a tiny one years later and found out she had an allergy to them and needed IV antibiotics … i still remind her of that thing too

Isn’t it that the smaller the spider, the more potent the venom? Or is that scorpions? Either way…how freaky!

eaglefeather831 wrote:

Isn’t it that the smaller the spider, the more potent the venom? Or is that scorpions? Either way…how freaky!

That has to to do with scorpions and the size of their claws/pincers. 🙂 Spiders vary a bit with spider variety and the individual, but not necessarily size (brown recluse have worse bites than black widows, but are bigger than a black widow). Wolf spiders wouldn’t cause a problem in most people (other than perhaps a not so happy bite), but if his mom is allergic, then it would be an entirely different story.

*laughs at the baseball bat maneuver* 😆

eaglefeather831 wrote:

Necron99 wrote:

thats a cool spider 😀 .

it was just another wolf spider that bit her just a little one like the size of a dime , but she got a Staph infection from the bite

Purplecat
    Participant

😯 😯 😯 😯 ew ew ew…..*shudders*….spiders, I hate’m.

LOL

I fed her a big moth that I also found on my pillow as I was packing my backpack for class this morning. I came home and it was no longer in the cage, so I assume she ate it.

She needs a name, any ideas anyone?

How ’bout Arachne?

Charlotte? 😉

twindragonsmum
      Participant

purplecat wrote:

😯 😯 😯 😯 ew ew ew…..*shudders*….spiders, I hate’m.

Same here… *Big gigantic YUUURRRRG!* and now that the weather is colder they want to be in my house 😯 😯 😯 ick, ick, ick!!!!!

tdm

My mom is calling her fang lol she hates spiders she thinks it’s cool and is creeped out at the same time.

I put a fly in and watched her hunt today

Hunting:

She waited for the fly to “explore” close to her, and she pounced on him.

She does have fangs O.O I was watching carefully and they’re little and black but big enough to bite me I’m sure O.O Scary

Sorry about the crappy photos 🙂

I don’t like the name Fang, so I’m still trying to think of something better

heh Charlotte, I’m thinking this spider would EAT Charlotte 😀

Ewie! How about “Wolfie” pronounced with a “Vu” sound? Here Vulfie, Vulfie…

Hehehe….how about Chewie?

If that were my spider I’d call her Spinner. Spinne is German for spider; Spinner (pronounced Shpinner) ist a crazy person, and obviously spiders spin webs.
        Just an idea.

Shelob?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 105 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.