fbpx

35W Bridge

Home Forums Miscellany Community 35W Bridge

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    darjeb
    Participant

darjeb
      Participant

I was wondering if any of the forum members live in the Minneapolis area and that if they do I hope they weren’t anywhere near the bridge when in went down. If you were is there anything you need or anything we can do?

Katherine
        Participant

I think most of the members here live in California, or on the west coast. I’m in Iowa, but I wan’t affected. I pray no one else was. If so, I hope they’re ok.

Wait–where was that bridge? I haven’t heard much about it because I heard about it two hours after it happened.

siberakh1
          Participant

I’m on the east coast, but I’m waiting to hear about two college mates who are living in Minneapolis.

Elena
            Participant

I think emerald is in that area. What a disaster!

Maria
              Participant

A bridge went down? *scuttles off to check MSN*
                I haven’t been keeping up with the news while I’m on vacation.

Megan
                Participant

I was watching coverage of that this morning–looks like a real disaster! They were saying how unusual it was that so many people got out of such a large accident relatively unharmed, though, so that’s good at least.

Adaneth
                  Participant

I live in the Twin Cities–but a suburb of St Paul rather than Minneapolis. I’m so grateful all my coworkers and their families are all right.

I don’t envy the folks that work in Minneapolis their commute–traffic is going to be hell for quite a while. ๐Ÿ™

Jodi
                    Participant

I’m okay. I’m 80 miles north of there, but do a lot of visiting in that area, just not yesterday. I’m glad to hear you’re okay, Adaneth. Anyone hear from Quill? She’s in MN too.

I sent out a bulk email to my friends in the cities to have them check back with me and tell me they’re okay. I’ve got about 6 ok responses so far. One of my friends said her nephew got through that area 3 minutes before it collapsed. Eeeck! How scary!

For those of you who don’t know: It was a 2,000 foot spans of bridge over a river on our busiest highway through the Twin Cities (Minneapolis and St. Paul area). It was at 6 pm (rush hour), so the bridge was packed. There was some cosmetic construction being done on the bridge at the time and lanes were closed going both directions, so traffic was moving slowly. All but one of the construction workers are accounted for. Seven (maybe more by now) people are confirmed dead. Many more are hurt. There was a bus-load of kids on the bridge, but they all seem to be okay. There is still one in the hospital I think, but he should make it. The bridge had been inspected the last two years and seemed to be sound. They don’t believe it was terroristic.

That’s what I got so far. This is really going to mess up driving in that area, since it will take at least two years to build a new bridge.

Skigod377
                      Participant

I still have a girlfriend near there. I will have to make sure she is alright. ๐Ÿ˜•

Jodi
                        Participant

Here’s a link to a news article and photo.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20085333/?GT1=10252

Starbreeze
                          Participant

My brother-in-law and his wife live in Minneapolis. We’re sending them an email. Hopefully, they’re okay.

That is so sad. I hope they find everyone that is missing. I am glad that ppl are ok here. I couldn’t even imagine what it would be like to be on it when it collapsed.

BipolarBear
                            Participant

Why did the bridge have to go and collapse durring rush hour? Such a horrible thing to have happen. Yet I can’t help but wonder how many trolls were lost in this incedent.

I would help but I am just to tired to get out of bed today~
                              Engaged to a Weasel

BiPolarBear wrote:

Why did the bridge have to go and collapse durring rush hour? Such a horrible thing to have happen. Yet I can’t help but wonder how many trolls were lost in this incedent.

haha, that is a way to make the situation brighter. Trolls… ๐Ÿ˜†

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.