fbpx

2nds?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    fatalbeauty
    Participant

from my memory, 2nds are given to employees for I forget the exact reason and or they’re marked 2nd on the pad if I recall? I’m asking due there’s a person on Ebay who keeps going (2nd?) next to their pieces, that they got it directly from the factory and in one listing “I believe it is a 2nd.”….but if they work or worked there, wouldn’t they know it’s is a 2nd or not? seems odd but I couldn’t find a thread on it since 2nd brings up way too many search results not related to this…..

person in questions listings, not trying to call them out, just relevant to the question….

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?item=296055509612&rt=nc&_trksid=p4429486.m3561.l170197&_ssn=aviolins

4 things I'm looking for:
      1. Mother Meerkat
      2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
      3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
      4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

etruscan
      Participant

One of their listings certainly appears to be a repaint.

fatalbeauty
        Participant

hmm, they listed another one, still they keep going (2nd?) on every listing, I don’t get how someone if they work/worked with you that they wouldn’t know if they have a 2nd or not….they say they got it directly from the you but why don’t they seem to know if it’s a 2nd? I mean I’d get if it was a family member who may not know selling them but this person keeps saying they got it directly from you so it isn’t making any sense……and why do they have so many? 4 seems like a lot and they list a new one every day?

1. Mother Meerkat
          2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF

Melody
          Keymaster

That person works for us. The pieces are probably marked as seconds because they are ones that we gave away to the crew at Christmas. These pieces are repaired if there is something repairable, like a chip, so they are usually perfectly good-looking but are marked as seconds. They’ll have some marking on the bottom, like an “x”, or “2nd”.
            The one that looks like a repaint might be a piece that someone here experimented with while learning to use the airbrushes.
            Hmm…looking at the pics on eBay these do not have any “2nd” marks on the bottom, so they aren’t seconds! They are legit, but that weirdly painted one shouldn’t have escaped without somebody’s signature, or a mark if It was painted here!

fatalbeauty
            Participant

That person works for us. The pieces are probably marked as seconds because they are ones that we gave away to the crew at Christmas. These pieces are repaired if there is something repairable, like a chip, so they are usually perfectly good-looking but are marked as seconds. They’ll have some marking on the bottom, like an “x”, or “2nd”.
              The one that looks like a repaint might be a piece that someone here experimented with while learning to use the airbrushes.
              Hmm…looking at the pics on eBay these do not have any “2nd” marks on the bottom, so they aren’t seconds! They are legit, but that weirdly painted one shouldn’t have escaped without somebody’s signature, or a mark if It was painted here!

yeah, that’s why I was confused, there’s no marks…..so should people not bid on these since there’s something odd going on? and you say that’s a worker, why wouldn’t they be sure if it’s a second or not? and again, the no marks, just odd all together?

1. Mother Meerkat

fatalbeauty
              Participant

the same person put up another one, again unmarked, think it’s the 5th one now? getting rather strange, why does this person have so many unmarked ones?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Windstone-Editions-Male-Dragon-503-2nd-/296070730162?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

1. Mother Meerkat

Susie
                Keymaster

I just want to clarify that we have not always marked “2nds” with that notation on their felt pad. We were supposed to! But sometimes things get crazy at the end of the year and more than once we totally FORGOT about preparing the 2nds ahead of time for our employees to pick out what they wanted – and then whoever was enlisted to help get them ready did not know they were to be marked as 2nds. I think a lot of the seconds given to employees at Christmas time are not marked as they are supposed to be.

The person selling pieces on ebay right now that you have spotted, worked for us for many years and left us on good terms! They did not work in the figurine side of the business but in our machine shop, so would not necessarily know which pieces are 2nds and which pieces are not. They are not selling anything they repainted. The pieces are likely all 2nds (even though they don’t say so). And I’m pretty sure this seller is honest!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.