fbpx

28-32 mm Gaming Miniatures

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion 28-32 mm Gaming Miniatures

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    briteblades
    Participant

Was wondering if anyone here has any experience painting these, especially the Dark Sword minis?
      Looking to commission a figure.

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

How are they in relation to Warhammer Fantasy or 40K figures?

I have painted a ton of those. Mostly Tyranids, but my boyfriend plays and has me paint all his models other then the regular infantry. Basically all of his special characters and large monsters. All the other gamers are jealous when he plays his armies at the local hobby store. LOL! He plays space marines, vampire counts, and I forget the name of the other one, but they look like terminators. LOL!

Some have been metal (pewter I am assuming) and some have been that crappy grey resin cast stuff and others grey plastic ones you have to piece and glue together.

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

briteblades
        Participant

Not sure about Warhammer or 40k! This is my first tabletop game using figures.
          They are just so tiny it’s intimidating! :S

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

LOL! They’re not so bad ^_^

Warhammer are 28mm “heroic sale” … which means they are a tiny bit bigger apparently, but I’d assume they are around the same size. I have a couple of Tyranids on my deviantart. They’re old, but I can post some new photos there if you want. I just don’t fill my DA with them only cause it was more for a favor to my boyfriend then to actually commission armies, but I could still do it.

http://drag0nfeathers.deviantart.com/gallery/38554298/Warhammer-40-000

I repainted the Biovore since cause I hated the yellow on him, LOL! The most recent thing I did was the Behemoth scheme on a squad of Tyranids which is that same red and blue scheme on the Tyranid Harpy. Those things were TEENY! I should probably post them on there.

I commissioned Koishii and grayfire to paint a big Tyranid for me too. If you search “drag0nfeathers Tyranid” on DA it will pop up. She did an AWESOME job, but I wanted something that looked like it had nuclear waste running through it’s veins so hence, he’s very vibrant and he even glows! LOL!

Got a busted Windstone?
            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
            Tattoo Mother Kirin
            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Sirithiliel
            Participant

Oh i paint lots and lots, but only 25mm scale. Mostly from Reaper Miniatures. but that’s smaller than what you’re asking for haha

this is one of their biggest ‘miniatures’ i’m working on, but his little add ons are all in 25mm scale http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/56564-basing-coraldrax/

this is one of their 25mm scale dragons i painted http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/56435-77108-space-shadow-dragon/

and 25mm lady and dragon pets http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/56847-loremistress-and-dragon/

pretty much search Sirithiliel on their forums and a bunch of painting topics will come up

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.