2020 eBay Auction Picture Thread

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone 2020 eBay Auction Picture Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 668 total)
  • Author
    GardenNinja
    Participant

Blue Lightning Male Ki-Rin Test Paint #1 by Gina
      20201015-Blue-Lightning-Male-Ki-Rin-Test-Paint-1-by-Gina

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

MasonLucas
      Participant

EDITED BY MODERATOR– Content removed. Please post to a relevant forum and don’t spam links. -Jennifer

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

EDITED BY MODERATOR– Content removed. Please post to a relevant forum and don’t spam links. -Jennifer

$500 for a Peacock Mother? O.O

Got a busted Windstone?
          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
          Tattoo Mother Kirin
          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Ann Marie
          Participant

As someone who had a long hiatus in buying and following Windstone, I get confused by the different appearances of various “Peacock” dragons. Am I right that there is an “old” Peacock, which was more blue and purple, and a “new” Peacock, that had more green and other colors? The Peacock mentioned that is being offered for $500 appears almost brown or coppery in place and doesn’t seem to have much blue or purple. Other Peacock mother dragons on eBay have much more visible blue and purple. Or is it just a problem with the photos?

Magentas-Cat

Megan
            Participant

I’d imagine that folks who aren’t familiar with Windstone and go to ebay to try to find a ballpark value on a piece they own/have somehow wound up with could probably get confused when test paints go for so much money. If someone didn’t read the item descriptions they might not realize the difference between a OOAK or very limited production item and the common piece they have.

VS
              Participant

I suspect some are darker due to smoke exposure. It darkens the whites most notably but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t effect other colors in a similar fashion. Otherwise lighting also plays a big factor in how colors come out. The female peacock looks similar to my old male so I’d say it’s the old original color. Newer production sculpts in peacock do seem a little bit different but I think that’s due to changes in paint type and how they’re “antiqued” now (someone correct me if I’m wrong tho).

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

Most of the “old peaock” you see on the original sculpture line when it was introduced. Males, Mothers, Youngs, the original hatchling, Emperor, etc. for the most past seem to be dominant in the more champagne toned Peacock. As newer sculptures were introduced and the color evolved you began seeing more of a mix. The transitional dragons (ones that came out primarily within the color transitions were mostly Fledglings, Laps, Scratchers, and Old Warriors. Those I’ve seen a 50/50 mix of the old style and new style variation. Later even more so Spectrals, Rising Spectrals, the new hatcher and baby, and the newest being the Bantam are some of the ones that you pretty much get in exclusively the newer version of Peacock.

The pricing on the listing doesn’t shock me so much… you get a lot of listings for crazy pricing sometimes, but the fact the listing says one was sold on October 9th for that price is what shocked me.

Got a busted Windstone?
                  drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin
                  Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                  Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                  Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                  Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                  Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                  Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Ann Marie
                  Participant

Thanks for the background, very helpful. On the whole, I’ve been delighted to see all the variety that has come out in the years since I bought my first few figures. I just wish I hadn’t missed the chance to buy more of them when they first came out. So many pretties!

Magentas-Cat

Nightcrow
                    Participant

As someone who had a long hiatus in buying and following Windstone, I get confused by the different appearances of various “Peacock” dragons. Am I right that there is an “old” Peacock, which was more blue and purple, and a “new” Peacock, that had more green and other colors? The Peacock mentioned that is being offered for $500 appears almost brown or coppery in place and doesn’t seem to have much blue or purple. Other Peacock mother dragons on eBay have much more visible blue and purple. Or is it just a problem with the photos?

I have noticed a distinct difference over time, though it varies from piece to piece. The color I think of as “Old Peacock” is generally heavy on the purple, especially the ‘dusty grape’ purple, and has some touches of a champagne-gold color as well. The color I think of as “Newer Peacock” is more equally split between purple-blue-green, and (at least on the Orientals) these colors are laid down in ‘stripes’ or ‘layers’ instead of patches.

I’ll try to get a photo of my Peacock Lap next to my Peacock Oriental for contrast. Even though the Lap is a newer sculpt, some of them seem to have a more old-style Peacock color while others are much ‘newer’ in appearance! I don’t have any truly old Peacock pieces to use as a comparison, unfortunately.

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Setsunawolf
                      Participant

That would be interesting. My peacocks are currently split between my house and my mom’s. Most of them were bought second hand, so I can’t attest to their ages, but I have noticed they vary a lot between the different sculpts.
                        I think my mother dragon is here. She was an older piece because she was still in her styrofoam fitted box. I was super lucky to find her, she was in perfect condition. Windstone phased out those styrofoam boxes ages ago, so I know she’s older.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                        Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                        Sun Dragon Koi #3

Ann Marie
                        Participant

The only peacock dragon I have that I know is old is my young dragon, who I bought at least 30 years ago. He’s purple and blue with gold trim. I also have a male, mother, and two different hatchlings that I bought as a group, but there were very poorly packed and all arrived damaged and are still sitting in a box in my office. Next time I’m there, I’ll see what their color looks like.

Magentas-Cat

merrillannwhite
                          Participant

There are also a few of the older peacock pieces that are almost black in color, like the colors were laid more lightly over the black undercoat. The older production pieces had a fair amount of variation due to different production painters working on them. Some of the white pieces had more gold, some of the brown pieces had more colored speckles, etc. People also confuse the peacock and emerald peacock.

GardenNinja
                            Participant

Molten Obsidian Old Warrior Dragon Test Paint #1 by Gina
                              20201016-Molten-Obsidian-Old-Warrior-Dragon-Test-Paint-1-by-Gina

GardenNinja
                              Participant

Grab Bag Tanuki – GB 2018 by Melody
                                20201017-Grab-Bag-Tanuki-GB-2018-by-Melody

GardenNinja
                                Participant

2020 Kickstarter Bantam Dragon Figurine – #100A by Melody
                                  20201018-2020-Kickstarter-Bantam-Dragon-Figurine-100A-by-Melody

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 668 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.