2020 eBay Auction Picture Thread

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone 2020 eBay Auction Picture Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 668 total)
  • Author
    GardenNinja
    Participant

MASQUERADE HATCHING DRAGON V2 TEST PAINT #1 BY GINA
      20200603-MASQUERADE-HATCHING-DRAGON-V2-TEST-PAINT-1-BY-GINA

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Nightcrow
      Participant

I really wish test paints from eBay could be signed up for copies, like the Kickstarter bantams. Just don’t sign them and send CoAs so eBay winners can still feel exclusive.

That would be nice. I definitely miss the days when there were multiple test paint pieces. I have the 13th BVP Old Warrior (back when that was a test color and not a Production color! They made 15 BVPs and I think 25 BEPs) and the 4th Sunrise Lap (there were about 17 of them made).

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Pegasi1978
        Participant

I think part of it might be because of lower number of staff. Back in the days of the Sunrise Lap (2009) they had just moved from California to Oregon [I have a prototype ki-rin baby from May 2008 with the Hollywood address on the COA; and my Sunrise #17 from June 2009 has the Corvallis address on the COA]. Before the move there was more staff so there could be someone who focused more on painting things like just Ebay pieces while someone else focused on painting production pieces. Now it sounds like those extra bodies are gone so if someone focuses on only painting Ebay pieces then production pieces fall by the wayside and don’t get painted. By limiting Ebay pieces to one of each sculpture it means that production pieces can still be completed.

etruscan
          Participant

Expanding on Pegasi1978’s comment about the limited number of painters at the factory – it seems likely that there would be fewer new ebay paint schemes if people could order copies. Someone (Gina) would be painting more copies of an existing ebay design rather than developing new ones.

I’m not sure whether that would be good or bad for Windstone’s finances in the long run. It probably would be much less fun for Gina!

VS
            Participant

Keep in mind too that they’re still working on all the Bantams, too. Once that’s done it should free up some hands for both production and ebay pieces. Or sculpting? Lol, I’m sure Melody and the rest have a whole list of Windstone stuff they want to get rolling on after the Bantams and moreso once the virus passes. We need only be patient… and probably save up some money. 😉

Ann Marie
              Participant

If I were Melody, I would want to take a nice long rest after painting all the Bantams! But she is much more energetic than I am.

Magentas-Cat

LZ
                Participant

I am aware of how businesses work. Money is needed. Time is needed. People are needed. If customers sign up for planned things, that is guaranteed money for the business. If Melody did fewer grab bags, where customers always complain every single time about what happens with them and they don’t always sell out, maybe she would have the time to do some eBay pieces herself for a while. I’m pretty sure banging out 20-40 of the same thing is a much faster process than thinking about and designing new separate unique pieces. I’m a lot faster at work that way anyway.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Suzanne-Marie
                  Participant

Part of the excitement of getting a Test Paint/EBay/Special Edition piece is knowing that it IS one of a kind.
                    My favorite Winter Ash is the Curled Dragon!! Luv the black going down his spine and silvery grey eye.

Mika
                    Participant

Wow, the non-dragons are wearing the Masquerade color so well. Kind of interesting to me when a color that is ok on one series of sculpts ends up looking amazing on a different series. Black magic was one of the ones I remember like that… didn’t wow me on the dragons but I loved it on the Ki-rins.

Natasha
                      Participant

Well, I’m most definitely going to make a stupid financial decision about that male Masquerade Uni. He’s stunning and would look AMAZING with my warm colored Unis by Gina!

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                        ANY Red Eyed Unis
                        ANY Test Paint Bat
                        UNIS:
                        The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                        Male- Snow Leopard TP
                        White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                        Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                        Mother: Okapi
                        Gothic - Mahogany
                        PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                        DRAGONS: Male Coyote

GardenNinja
                        Participant

MASQUERADE MALE UNICORN TEST PAINT #1 BY GINA
                          20200604-MASQUERADE-MALE-UNICORN-TEST-PAINT-1-BY-GINA

Nightcrow
                          Participant

Adding to the chorus on Masquerade looking incredible on griffins and unis! Wow.

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

GardenNinja
                            Participant

MASQUERADE LITTLE ROCK DRAGON TEST PAINT #1 BY GINA
                              20200605-MASQUERADE-LITTLE-ROCK-DRAGON-TEST-PAINT-1-BY-GINA

GardenNinja
                              Participant

GHOST FLAME HATCHING DRAGON V2 TEST PAINT #1 BY GINA
                                20200606-GHOST-FLAME-HATCHING-DRAGON-V2-TEST-PAINT-1-BY-GINA

pipsxlch
                                Participant

Wow, that Winter Ash sitting ori shot up! Way to go Gina!

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 668 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.