2014 New Years Resolutions!

Home Forums Miscellany Community 2014 New Years Resolutions!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Skigod377
    Participant

Resolutions are a tradition for many, so if you have some, feel free to post them here!

Mine are:
      Finish my Bachelors degree in March
      Complete the Great Wall Marathon in May
      Do Ironman Japan Hokkaido in August
      Pay off revolving debt

If I do all this, I will have to reward myself with a special Windstone Ebay piece, I think,,,

fatalbeauty
      Participant

lose weight again, I was doing well until my cyst came along, got the surgery to get rid of it, now that I’m mostly healed I can hopefully get rid of this extra weight I gained…

4 things I'm looking for:
        1. Mother Meerkat
        2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
        3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
        4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Purplecat
        Participant

Let’s see.

Write more.

Get serious about keeping art in stock with my shop, I have an OOS (out of stock) list a mile long.

Sketch more…I’m fairly solid at sculpting but my sketching could use some refining.

Get out and do stuff more often (I tend to be a homebody)

Attend my first convention as an artist in May/June (ConCarolinas) without having a nervous breakdown.

Pay off the work transpo car so we can replace the family car before it croaks.

siberakh1
          Participant

I don’t really do New Year Resolutions, but I do have some planned goals/happenings occurring next year:

-Be VERY glad that 2013 is DONE and GONE and kicked to the curb like a bad habit.
            -I will receive some very cute tadpoads in January. ^_^
            -My choir will have an amazing concert in January, featuring composers from Scandinavia, Russia, Japan, and Europe and sung in English, Latin, Russian, and Norwegian.
            -I will take and complete 2 more courses in my 4 course sequence (ending May 2015) and will have another computer cert under my belt.
            -The first of several college student loans will be paid off, if not two of them.
            -Attempt to get more sleep and not burn out this year between work, class, and care giving.

Zelda
            Participant

Hmm, resolutions! I have a couple:

First is to make my husband smile more. This year was a big one for us – after several years of being engaged we are now married! He’s been very patient and understanding for all the times I’m tired and burned out from work. And when he smiles, I smile! If I can focus on him I’ll get out of my ruts and we’ll both be happier.

Second is to eat better quality food. I’ve decided that spending a little more time and money to procure local, organic, etc. food is an investment in our current and future health. We’ve always tried to eat healthy, and rarely eat out, but I’m hoping to put in the extra effort for better ingredients this year.

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

LadyFirebird
              Participant

Oh yeah–resolutions–more promises to make and then break! Well I want to continue to get more organized. Get my house in order and do some much needed maintenance and repairs. Try to watch my spending–oh yeah, broke that already–those 3 new tadpoads–how can one resist? I’m already doing some healthy things and I plan to continue doing them. And for some fun, go to the local Rosicurcian Egyptian Museum we have here. Yeah, and take myself out for lunch and dinner more–there goes that watching my spending thing. Oh the heck with it–just have more fun! Life is so short!

Kiya
                Participant

I guess if I post them here, I can see next year if I made them!

1. Start eliminating high fructose corn syrup
                  2. Keep exercising at least 3x a week (been doing this for a couple months already)
                  3. Try to be more patient with other people and less judgmental
                  4. Get bills caught up/paid off and not take on any more new ones
                  5. No one in the family with major medical issues for just ONE year (please universe?)
                  6. Make my extended family follow my β€œno dying” rule (seven people in seven years is QUITE ENOUGH, THANK YOU)
                  7. Stay employed

phantomess
                  Participant

-Getting my poor Bronco running again, which means a new engine. Done trying to fix the one that’s in there or getting any other second-hand engines. This means I gotta save a lot of money! πŸ™
                    -Get my Bronco painted after it’s running again! I’ve almost finished fixing the interior how I want it and I can’t wait to get the exterior painted! Means saving more money… yikes
                    -Get a couple or few more Windstones that I want, although in light of the above and other financial stuff, that’s difficult πŸ™
                    -Either move or get well on our way to being ready to move, not that this house is bad but my husband and I would like to be roommate-free!
                    -Make better progress with writing my stories. I love writing and love some of my ideas but I tend to make such slow progress on it. I could be working on that now, for example.
                    -Make good use of the gym membership that my husband and I got last month. We’ve been doing quite well with it so far and I hope we both keep it up!
                    -Hopefully not owe taxes, or money back to Obamacare if my estimate of what we’ll earn this year was a little too low :~
                    – Visit my family once or twice in CA (I try to make it out there at least once a year. My parents pay for half the travel expenses and for basically everything while I’m there so that’s how I afford it!)

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

Skigod377
                    Participant

We got quite a few so far… anyone else?

Falcolf
                      Participant

Sure!

– Draw more humans/bipeds (so far doing STELLAR at this) I did a great job last year but I want to up the ante
                        – Move out with my kitties (I miss my freedom!)
                        – Get my passport
                        – Visit my best friend who lives in Texas for the first time (passport will help immensely with this if I can even afford to do this which I kinda doubt)
                        – Sell art! (Three pieces including a PYO for sale right now, so I’m just crossing my fingers for the right person to come along. Proceeds will go to my meeting my Texan buddy.)
                        – Visit my other friends in Vancouver
                        – Go on at least one type of awesome adventure somewhere new!
                        – Make lots of sequential art (storyboards, comics, etc.)
                        – Finish the current version of my manuscript to my specs so that I can send it to my UK beta reader without cringing about anything. (I am VERY picky.) Be confident enough to fully print the draft. Start the next manuscript in the trilogy.
                        – Paint more PYOs!
                        – Make a calendar of my art; finish some of the art series that I have started
                        – Make more art in general!
                        – Plan my future comic more and design the human characters whom right now I tend to ignore…
                        – Keep drawing every day

Many, many resolutions haha.

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

* Become healthy and strong again
                        * Start riding my bike
                        * Try to become strong enough to swim the long bridge in august (unlikely but I’ll try)
                        * Quit being upset and frustrated with my life and health, it’s just another test.
                        * Get another job

* Be more willing to ask for help if and when I need it instead of being stubborn
                        * Stop doubting myself, and my future, try harder to look forward positively
                        * Remember to not let my health hinder my thoughts
                        * Begin meditating again
                        * Live by my life philosophies again, more so than I have in the past three months

* Keep Painting at least EVERY OTHER DAY
                        * Keep drawing, EVERyDAY.
                        * Keep playing with other media’s, remember it’s fun to explore
                        * Become a better known artist and try harder to spread my joy of art and my work with the world.

* Start writing my life story
                        * Start rewriting the story I started in 7th grade that I uncovered when I moved
                        * Figure out how my Dragon Speech program works and apply to the above

* Come out this life test stronger and wiser and with a brighter and broader view of it.
                        * Rediscover the world I have always known

I guess alot is just self reminders, but works, eh?

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
                        www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
                        Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Skigod377
                        Participant

Resolutions are a tradition for many, so if you have some, feel free to post them here!

Mine are:
                          Finish my Bachelors degree in March
                          Complete the Great Wall Marathon in May
                          Do Ironman Japan Hokkaido in August
                          Pay off revolving debt

If I do all this, I will have to reward myself with a special Windstone Ebay piece, I think,,,

Ok all! The years up! How’d you do? I did everything except pay off the revolving debt so I see what I need to work on this year.

Ela_Hara
                          Participant

Mine are:

1. Do more Windstone PYOs – already have base coats on four! Then post the finished PYOs in the forum and in my dA Gallery… EDITED 2/14/14: Two Muses are done and in my dA Gallery! Two other PYOs have been base painted – I’m moving along! πŸ™‚

2. Buy two or three more PYOs to do (new Foo Male PYO, new Ki-Rin PYO and the new Oriental PYO when they hit the store?), although I do have a Foo Mom and a current Ki-Rin in the wings waiting for base coats …

3. Try to repair a few of my chipped Windstones… I’ve gotten some Apoxi-Sculpt and small carving tools ready to go.

4. Write more of my HT Fanfic, and actually post some of it on my dA Gallery…

5. Buy at least one ‘Bandit’ (Hoarder) Dragon and perhaps one of the little GB Keeper Dragons when they are in the store…

6. Buy a Young Peach Poad …

7. Save up and maybe be able to win one of the eBay pieces… EDITED 2/14/14: While I haven’t been able to WIN one of the eBay pieces, I did get the chance to buy one from a fellow Forum member recently! I’m now the proud owner of the ‘Indigo Forest’ Male Dragon painted by PS! Yea! Thanks mdragon83 for helping me fulfill one of my 2014 Resolutions! I’m still going to try and actually win one from eBay, but if not, my ‘Indi’ is good enough for me! πŸ™‚

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                            Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                            Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                            *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Ela_Hara
                            Participant

Mine are:

1. Do more Windstone PYOs – already have base coats on four! Then post the finished PYOs in the forum and in my dA Gallery… EDITED 2/14/14: Two Muses are done and in my dA Gallery! Two other PYOs have been base painted – I’m moving along! πŸ™‚

2. Buy two or three more PYOs to do (new Foo Male PYO, new Ki-Rin PYO and the new Oriental PYO when they hit the store?), although I do have a Foo Mom and a current Ki-Rin in the wings waiting for base coats …

3. Try to repair a few of my chipped Windstones… I’ve gotten some Apoxi-Sculpt and small carving tools ready to go.

4. Write more of my HT Fanfic, and actually post some of it on my dA Gallery…

5. Buy at least one ‘Bandit’ (Hoarder) Dragon and perhaps one of the little GB Keeper Dragons when they are in the store…

6. Buy a Young Peach Poad …

7. Save up and maybe be able to win one of the eBay pieces… EDITED 2/14/14: While I haven’t been able to WIN one of the eBay pieces, I did get the chance to buy one from a fellow Forum member recently! I’m now the proud owner of the ‘Indigo Forest’ Male Dragon painted by PS! Yea! Thanks mdragon83 for helping me fulfill one of my 2014 Resolutions! I’m still going to try and actually win one from eBay, but if not, my ‘Indi’ is good enough for me! πŸ™‚

Here’s How I Did! πŸ˜€
                              1. EOY Results: DONE! I completed 5 PYOs total this year and started a Kitsune! I’d like to do more in 2015 though, and I still need to post one of my PYOs in my dA Gallery (Wickedly, my Fall Swap dragon for Bodinetoo).

2. EOY Results: DONE! I have gotten more PYOs to start! The Foo Father & Pup, Fancy Ki-Rin, Unicorn, Kitty Griffin, and a Kitsune! πŸ™‚

3. EOY Results: Nope πŸ™ Didn’t get to do this – oh well, maybe next year?

4. EOY Results: SO-SO. I did write some, especially a good bit of my overall story line, but still not enough to post any part of it to my deviantArt Gallery – not even close yet. Maybe I’ll get farther along in 2015?

5. EOY Results: Working on It! The Horder/Bandit Dragon hasn’t gotten to the store yet, BUT I am close to buying one of the Production Mini-Keepers! I’m looking at the Violet Flame, but am now hoping that an Autumn Leaf one might be done *PLEASE-PLEASE!* – So, perhaps in 2015… πŸ˜‰

6. EOY Results: DONE! (Sort of) The Peach Young Poad doesn’t really go with my collection anymore, so instead I’m getting a ‘Leaf-Berry’ GB Young Poad from a Forum Member (Thanks SkyLover!) – final payment being sent on 1/5/15! πŸ˜€

7. EOY Results: DONE! Not only did I get a previous eBay Test Paint in February, but I WON my own eBay Auction for one of the ‘Grab Bag Edition’ Curled Dragons in October! I’m Soooo Happy! πŸ˜€

I actually did pretty well! πŸ™‚

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                              Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.