fbpx

2 Questions really

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody 2 Questions really

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Nina
    Participant

Ok I have a few questions and I know some maybe dumb or I just need to call Windstone to find out. But here goes.
      What is the offical rule on Windstone dealers selling on E-bay?
      Last I knew Windstone dealers could not sale on e-bay unless the item was retired.
      But latly I’ve seen tons of new windstone in new colors for sale at full retail, items I have not even going in the store yet. It looks alot like dealers selling to me?
      Next question:
      Could a Windstone dealer buy PYOs and paint them, then resale them on E-bay? The first few PYO I did buy at full retial not wholesale, because I thought they would be direct sale items. I’m an artist & wanted to try my hand at painting a few but I don’t know if they would sale in the store & I’ve seen how well they sale on E-bay.

Thanks!

Nina
      Participant

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

Though I am not a whole saler, I was also curious about that. Just for the fact I know a LOT of people must be buying them to sell on ebay, which I thought wasn’t allowed. They have a new one listed of the same dragon every week. Seems a bit fishy to me

Got a busted Windstone?
          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
          Tattoo Mother Kirin
          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Jodi
          Participant

There was one seller with a bunch of candlelamps selling on Ebay, and I asked Susie about it. She said they had stopped carrying Windstones and were selling their stock. So that I can see.

But there are some out there that seem to have the new dragon colors all the time. So I’m not sure about that. I’d like to know too. My contract says I cannot sell on eBay, but I got permission to sell my retired pieces. But sellers who’ve been around a bit longer may not have that in their contract. It seems, however, that they are selling their items for more than the usual retail prices in most cases.

So that’s okay. I can compete with that. ๐Ÿ˜€

Bob

I have been wondering about that also.

Lokie
              Participant

emerald212 wrote:

It seems, however, that they are selling their items for more than the usual retail prices in most cases.

Depends on the seller. There was one seller (and then a few more appeared) who was selling fledglings and hatchings (and then some larger pieces for a short period later on) for several months who put the pieces up as normal auctions and their final prices always went for lower than regular retail. I’m not sure if those sellers still operate on Ebay anymore, haven’t seen those auctions for a while.

Nina
                Participant

Right now on E-bay if you go to the Buy it Now items there are alot of new Windstone. I know a few are not Windstone dealers but others….why would you buy a Windstone item new for retail then sale it on E-bay for retail?

wolflodge100
                  Participant

I have also wondered about some of those. I am also a dealer and was told you can’t sell on e-bay the currant items. It does make me suspicious.

Bob

I guess they figure they will not get caught but with so many eyes we catch almost everything it seems

Maria
                      Participant

Lokie wrote:

emerald212 wrote:

It seems, however, that they are selling their items for more than the usual retail prices in most cases.

Depends on the seller. There was one seller (and then a few more appeared) who was selling fledglings and hatchings (and then some larger pieces for a short period later on) for several months who put the pieces up as normal auctions and their final prices always went for lower than regular retail. I’m not sure if those sellers still operate on Ebay anymore, haven’t seen those auctions for a while.

I’ve been wondering where tpost went too. His buyers got away with some pretty good deals, especially on the black gold pieces.

Skigod377
                        Participant

enchantments wrote:

Right now on E-bay if you go to the Buy it Now items there are alot of new Windstone. I know a few are not Windstone dealers but others….why would you buy a Windstone item new for retail then sale it on E-bay for retail?

The newer dealers can sell on line. I beleive they just have to have a store front. Thats what I remember from other topics that discussed this issue way back when.

wolflodge100
                          Participant

on line, yes, but not ebay I don’t think

Skigod377
                            Participant

well, I think it counts as an Ebay store. I thought I remembered it being allowed as long as it was listed at the agreed price.

wolflodge100
                              Participant

I geuss it’s another question for John?! ๐Ÿ˜†

Skigod377
                                Participant

Guess so! He will never sleep if we really manage to get ahold of him!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.