1st PYO & nerves

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone 1st PYO & nerves

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author

I have painted about 5 of them. I was really nervous about starting one as well because I didn’t want to ruin it. But now I just have to find the motivation again.

Skigod377
    Participant

I had never painted anything till I started painting these PYOs. Just take your time and beleive me when I say it takes more than one coat πŸ˜‰

πŸ™‚ Thanks all! Arya’s comment about practicing was like a smack on the head! I have a couple of dragons that were gifts (not Windstones) that I don’t like (but felt obligated to keep) and I realized I could practice on them. So for mother’s day I was given 2 1/2 hours to play with paints (mostly blending and trying to find the colors to match what I’d been picturing). πŸ™‚ It didn’t take long for me to realize I don’t enjoy painting ugly dragons, so I moved on to the Windstone and she alreay has 1 color (not quite all over). It’s gonna take awhile, no? But I’m more excited than ever.
      Anyone know how to get good tans? I can make great browns, but every time I try for a good tan it ends up looking pink.

Skigod377
      Participant

boskydragon wrote:

πŸ™‚ Thanks all! Arya’s comment about practicing was like a smack on the head! I have a couple of dragons that were gifts (not Windstones) that I don’t like (but felt obligated to keep) and I realized I could practice on them. So for mother’s day I was given 2 1/2 hours to play with paints (mostly blending and trying to find the colors to match what I’d been picturing). πŸ™‚ It didn’t take long for me to realize I don’t enjoy painting ugly dragons, so I moved on to the Windstone and she alreay has 1 color (not quite all over). It’s gonna take awhile, no? But I’m more excited than ever.
        Anyone know how to get good tans? I can make great browns, but every time I try for a good tan it ends up looking pink.

Nothing wrong with that πŸ˜‰

I dont usually mix. I have lots of colors, so I just bought the tans I liked. I sometimes mix, but not too often.

Kasie
        Participant

I practiced on one thing first and then started painting the pyos, thats it. But if you like painting it doesn’t matter how it comes out just as long as you enjoyed doing it and you like your results. πŸ˜€

SPark
          Participant

I’ve found you can get a decent tan by working with the right shade of yellow… It has to be a orangey warm yellow though, not a cool lemony yellow. And you need some brown too, and a little white, and occasionally other stuff, I get carried away a bit when I mix sometimes!

Hmmm… here she is so far. Husband doesn’t like her and unfortunately there’s no where for me to set up where I can hide her ’til she’s done. Happily, 3 yr old keeps telling me, “I love her, she’s my favorite dragon”
            I’m not done yet, but it’s slow going w/2 kids, housework & job πŸ™„ . Mostly I get to work in the evenings and then in the morning I get to see all the nooks & crannies I missed; but had time this a.m. πŸ™‚
            Here’s early progress pics & today as well as her color scheme (desert mountains)
            http://groups.msn.com/dave7kim7kiera7ryan/windstonepyos.msnw
            After I work more on her wings I’ll see if I can get more accurate pics.

pipsxlch
            Participant

I really really like her. You’ve got the shading down great. πŸ™‚
              I have rather limited experience painting, and have done only 1 PYO. I was nervous before starting it, and am even more nervous to start the next- haven’t bought it yet, or all the paint.
              One thing I’m finding hard is that I keep seeing ideas I have pop up on new PYOs from others. I don’t want to seem like I’m plaigarizing!

lamortefille
              Participant

I think it’s very pretty so far: -)

KoishiiKitty
                Participant

yes, i agree. that is looking VERY pretty!!!

Jodi
                  Participant

That looks really nice. It kind of looks like wood, which I think is interesting. Good job so far!

Oh I like it. I love the creamy colours.

And why doesn’t your husband like it? I think it looks good so far.

Thank you guys! πŸ™‚ My Dad liked her too, which made me feel really good inside. Don’t know why husband doesn’t like her, he keeps saying, “I liked that color on the palette…” or my favorite: “you should let me airbrush it”. Ah well, I’m still having fun playing & seeing what happens next, and there are little things I like (and things I don’t), and I guess that’s the important part. Maybe he’s jealous… figure I’ll order a PYO for him to airbrush next time. πŸ™‚ πŸ˜‰
                    Wood huh? Not what I was going for, but I love real wood, so I’ll take it!

KoishiiKitty
                    Participant

boskydragon wrote:

Thank you guys! πŸ™‚ My Dad liked her too, which made me feel really good inside. Don’t know why husband doesn’t like her, he keeps saying, “I liked that color on the palette…” or my favorite: “you should let me airbrush it”. Ah well, I’m still having fun playing & seeing what happens next, and there are little things I like (and things I don’t), and I guess that’s the important part. Maybe he’s jealous… figure I’ll order a PYO for him to airbrush next time. πŸ™‚ πŸ˜‰
                      Wood huh? Not what I was going for, but I love real wood, so I’ll take it!

sounds like you really are having fun with her. i really think she is looking so pretty. can i get a closer photo of her?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.