fbpx

😷 masks

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody 😷 masks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    twindragonsmum
    Participant

Melody darling, our local women’s groups are making masks for our hospitals, insta-cares, doctors offices, etc. Are you in need of masks for folks at Windstone? They’re a little wild as we’re making them out of our quilting fabric stashes but they have disposable, replaceable linings and they are made from a pattern produced by a local hospital’s surgical staff… If you have a need please let me know so we can fill it for you. We’re also providing them for police departments, EMT’s and other first responders. Let me know 😷🥰

tdm😊

tdm

Scathach
      Participant

How very kind and thoughtful of you. ❤️

Life is beautiful.

Melody
        Keymaster

Melody darling, our local women’s groups are making masks for our hospitals, insta-cares, doctors offices, etc. Are you in need of masks for folks at Windstone? They’re a little wild as we’re making them out of our quilting fabric stashes but they have disposable, replaceable linings and they are made from a pattern produced by a local hospital’s surgical staff… If you have a need please let me know so we can fill it for you. We’re also providing them for police departments, EMT’s and other first responders. Let me know 😷🥰

tdm😊

We are stocked with masks for now, we still have two ( small) boxes of them. Hospitals need them more!! Since we aren’t running from one infected person to another, like the medical staff does, we can reuse our masks and don’t need lots of them. Thank yo so much for offering!! <3

twindragonsmum
          Participant

👌🥰

tdm

Susie
            Keymaster

Twin Dragons Mum – My hats off to you and your group for making zillions of them! Yay for the sewing brigades! its hard work! I’m making some for us to use (I figure they can be dust masks in future if nothing else) and in two days have completed only 4! LOL! Hopefully I’ll get faster now that I’ve got my pattern down. I am happy to be using up random scraps and fat quarters from my stash – some will match my wardrobe!

I’m making them to hold a disposable filter – what material can be used for that?

twindragonsmum
              Participant

Susie dearest! So great to hear from you 🥰 The easiest thing to use for disposable filters for the masks is coffee filters. Basically you can use anything that is not woven – stuff tends to work its way through, but things like coffee filters or interfacing/Pelon works great. We chose the coffee filters ‘cuz we didn’t feel so bad about tossing ‘em out and they’re easy to replace. We’ve heard of using dryer sheets or baby wipes but figured the fragrance in those might cause allergy flare ups so our go to is coffee filters. Hope that helps 😊 I’d love to see your masks that coordinate with your wardrobe!😁 Sounds like the perfect accessories for trendy fashionistas 🤣

tdm 😊

tdm

Bodine
                Participant

Ms.Susie,how are YOU these days?

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                  (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                  Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Susie
                  Keymaster

Thank you Twin Dragons Mum! I kept wondering what would be appropriate as a filter – however didn’t find much at all in my efforts to search for it. Coffee filters sound like an easy and cheap item for people to obtain (until they become like the toilet paper! – and actually – in my house they are needed for the COFFEE!!!)

and Bodine, I am fine, thank you! I have lots of allergies and have been distancing my self extra because of a slight sore throat – which I believe is simply pine tree pollen invoked. No fever. No cough. Just trying to stay safe.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.