fbpx

Zombie Keeper

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Hannah
    Participant

Alright, so this one I’m starting because I have a feeling about the color that I want to do a Zombie Keeper (which may not be started for a little while yet!), but I wanted the opinions of other members before I make a solid decision.

Keep in mind that this dragon will likely have scars/wounds, and a bit of “blood” so pure red is out of the question for me πŸ™‚

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
      Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Hannah
      Participant

Skeeterdeee
        Participant

I’m so excited that you’re starting to plan it!!!!!!!!!! πŸ˜€ I can’t wait!!!!!!

Hannah
          Participant

Hehe, I’m so glad that people are excited about it πŸ˜€ I always thought I was one of the few that thought zombies were cool (I should really know better!)

This one’s definitely going to take some planning though, I’m still not exactly sure how I’m going to do the wounds – painting them on seems the safest bet, but if I could find the right medium to build up on the sculpt in certain areas in order to create gashes, it could look cool.. I dont know! ><

I think olive green would provide a nice contrast to blood and gore…. grey is my second choice. I don’t think the reddish brown would work… just my opinion.

Can’t wait to see!!!

etruscan
            Participant

I voted for olive green also. It seems to me that if you have a green dragon, and then a deceased green dragon, and then a buried-for-a-while-but-now-walking-around deceased green dragon, the original green color would have morphed into olive green. πŸ˜€

PurpleTurtle
              Participant

I think a zombie Keeper would totally rock! I would opt for a cloudy white eyes – like what you would see on a decomposing critter 😈 . I know you could find them here http://dreamingtreestudio.com/SpecialtyIrises2.html – along with a ton of other cool eyes. I haven’t used her eyes on any of my PYOs yet, but I know a few forum members have πŸ˜‰ .

Hannah
                Participant

Yeah I ordered a couple of different options from her – Zombie 2 and Hollow both caught my eye (har har!) so I got them both πŸ™‚ I figured it would be a lot easier than painting the entire dragon and realizing that the one pair I got didn’t work as well. Also, its so hard to picture how it will look when it’s done this far in advance! ><

It looks like gray and olive green are pretty close!

Kelly
                  Participant

I think the gray would work nice, to off set scars, decay and blood. Plus you could use varying degrees of gray building up shadows or highlights in the crevaces. πŸ˜€

pipsxlch
                    Participant

I voted ‘other’, but in a way I’m with everyone else here- I just think a greyish-green would work best for me. Mix a little grey in with the olive… :puke:

Mmloda
                      Participant

I voted for Olive Green! πŸ˜‰

Marzena

Hannah
                        Participant

Alright, I started the Zombie Keeper! I gave it a gray base coat, and then did all of the colors that you see with drybrushing over it (except the black outline on the tail). I started by drybrushing green, then thought it didn’t have enough depth, so I added brown over it and then accents in blue. I put blue, green and gold interference lightly on all of those colors, gave it a matte topcoat in order to dull the metallics, and then decideded I wasn’t happy with the blue – it reminded me too much of camoflauge! So, I drybrushed a bit of violet over the blue and I really like the color combination now!

I still have a lot to go – he got a coat earlier of clear satin topcoat (oh my gosh the layers on this one! I didn’t realize he would be so much work ><) so I can antique him later tonight, and I'm still really unsure about whether I want to do gash markings on him or not – I just don't know if I could pull it off on the scales without it looking very painted on. I don't know, we'lll see! In any case – here are his colors!
                          (still waiting on the zombie eyes, so you get to look at creepy blank sockets!)

Without flash (and more true to the colors that I see!)

With flash (to show where the colors are placed)

bayoudragon
                          Participant

Eyes? I say go for at least one empty eye socket! 😈

I can’t wait to see this!!!! πŸ˜€

KoishiiKitty
                            Participant

My throat went all tingly and my mouth watered! it is looking sooo pretty!

PurpleTurtle
                              Participant

Oooo! Way cool so far πŸ˜€ .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.