fbpx

Your favorite movie

Home Forums Miscellany Community Your favorite movie

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    Travistie
    Participant

My most 2 most favorite movies of all time are The Great Escape and Gladiator (Russell Crowe version). I never get tired of watching either of them.

Here are some of my other favorites that I also love to watch over and over. I know I’m missing some, but here’s what I can think of off the top of my head:

Dirty Dancing
      Men at Work
      (this one just cracks me up every time!)
      Napolean Dynamite (this one too!)
      Labryinth
      Legend
      LOTR trilogy
      The Horse Whisperer
      Indiana Jones Movies
      (All of them, but especially The Temple of Doom).
      Pink Panther movies (None of these have Steve Martin in them! GOD NO!)
      One Flew over the Cuckoo’s Nest
      Batman
      (the first one with Michael Keaton)
      007 movies (I like all of them, but prefer the Sean Connery ones. But I am in love with Daniel Craig!)
      Rear Window
      Who Framed Roger Rabbit
      The Three Amigos

Now, for the one most stupid movie I can think of that I just have to watch, if I happen to be flipping through channels and find that it’s on:

Weekend at Bernie’s

wolflodge100
      Participant

Most of my favorites have already been mentioned except I love Ladyhawk, serendipity, The never ending story and for old ones, I like Arsnic and old lace, The bishops wife, It’s a mad mad mad mad world, Harvy, The shop around the corner, Operation Petticoat. Oh, too many to list. 😆

Well my ‘guilty pleasure’ would have to be Commando. I’ve watched it well over 50 times for some reason. I’m sure I’d regret the wasted time, lying in my death bed, decades from now…hmmm…sounds so sad… 🙁

My favorite classic is Casablanca. For some reason it never gets old for me….

Here are the rest, in no particular order:

Princess Bride
        Reign of Fire
        Remains of the Day
        LOTR
        Harry Potter Movies
        Snatch (approaching Commando status, but a much better movie)
        Sixth Sense
        3:10 to Yuma
        Breakfast Club
        Say Anything (story of my life)
        Interview with a Vampire
        Cyrano de Bergerac (new version)
        Romeo & Juliet (with Leonardo)
        Moulin Rogue
        What’s Eating Gilbert Grape
        Hero
        X-Men 1&2 (I hated the 3rd one)
        Spider-Man 1,2,&3 (best superhero series so far)
        Predator
        Bat-Man Begins
        Gladiator
        Braveheart
        13th Warrior
        Underworld 1&2
        Napoleon Dynamite
        The Profesional director’s cut (much better than the released version)
        The Descant director’s cut (totally different ending & is much better)
        Superman Returns
        Godfather 1&2
        Pan’s Labryth
        Apocalypto
        Pulp Fiction
        Fight Club
        Goodwill Hunting
        Clerks
        Shall We Dance (Japanese version)
        Seven Samurais
        Kung-fu Hustle
        Black Hawk Down
        Se7en
        Blade Runner director’s cut
        Rocky

I’m sure there’s a tom more & I’ll edit them in….

Kujacker
        Participant

The new Transformers movie will never get old for me. I saw it 6 times in normal theatres, so far 3 times in IMAX (will be forth soon) and I have a dvd copy of it that I’ve watched probably 10 times by now. Can’t wait till the 17th, when the actual DVD is released!!

Other than that, Howl’s Moving Castle!! I love that movie so much. This movie is also animated like “old times”, as in… zero computer animation was used. All those scenes with the castle walking was all hand drawn and painted. Amazing.
          And my ferret is named after Howl 😉

I also like Willy Wonka 2005 and Hidalgo… those won’t ever get old either. Also Vampire Hunter D/BloodLust and Akira.

Copper83
          Participant

Well, most of my favorites have already been listed here, but one that hasn’t been mentioned that I love is The Tenth Kingdom. Has none of you ever seen it, or did you not like it?

Maebnus
            Participant

copper83 wrote:

Well, most of my favorites have already been listed here, but one that hasn’t been mentioned that I love is The Tenth Kingdom. Has none of you ever seen it, or did you not like it?

I saw it when it first came out. Enough that I bought the tapes. But, alas, I got rid of my tapes years ago. So other than a couple people in it, I really don’t remember much. 😕 I have the book somewhere though, so maybe I’ll search for it and read it. That’d be something different.

Jasmine
              Participant

I’ve watched it on TV when it came out, I have the book and I have it on DVD. Great stuff but too long to watch all at once.

BipolarBear
                Participant

Megani-chan wrote:

And my favorite… the one that could repeat forever in an endless loop for all eternity without me getting sick of it… Muppet Treasure Island!

“We’ve got cabin fever, we’re flipping our bandanas! Been stuck at sea so long that we have simply gone bananas!”

Im so glad Im not the only person that loves that movie. I think it’s way better than the other muppet movies personally.

I would help but I am just to tired to get out of bed today~
                  Engaged to a Weasel

Skigod377
                  Participant

Oh, I forgot Remember the Titans. That was a great one! And Labrynth. I agree with you all there.

Maria
                    Participant

The movies I watch over and over – when I do watch movies, which isn’t that often – are the following:

LotR seriesStar Wars (the original three)
                      Pirates of the Caribbean (all, though the first and second are way better than the third)
                      Arsenic and Old Lace (I just love that movie)
                      Rear Window
                      League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
                      I, Robot

Terminator
                      Indiana Jones (especially the Temple of Doom)
                      Van Helsing
                      The Mummy
                      The Mummy Returns
                      Don Camillo und Peppone (a German-Italian production based on the hilarious books about a priest and a commie mayor in a little post-WWII Italian town)
                      And then I love the old b/w TV series, like Mayberry and Beverly Hillbillies and the old Disney cartoons…

My favorite movies of all, though, are Black Hawk Down and To End All Wars. I watch BHD once a year on the anniversary of Operation Restore Hope, and I’ve only watched To End All Wars once, because it’s so sad.

There are others, but that’s all I can think of now.

Thanks for reminding me about Black Hawk Down, GB…it’s my favorite war movie…I think it was Orlando Bloom’s first movie also…rt?

Oh, I forgot Benny and Joon, Waynes World, Edward Scissorhands, Farris Buellers Day Off.

Maria
                      Participant

DROGO wrote:

Thanks for reminding me about Black Hawk Down, GB…it’s my favorite war movie…I think it was Orlando Bloom’s first movie also…rt?

Orlando Bloom – yech. His milk-soppish face so didn’t fit Blackburn, or Legolas either, for that matter.

Greater Basilisk wrote:

DROGO wrote:

Orlando Bloom – yech. His milk-soppish face so didn’t fit Blackburn, or Legolas either, for that matter.

Well I thought he did a good job in BHD… 🙄

Maria
                        Participant

His acting is fine, no doubt about that. But his face is too soft. Of course, after he fell out of the 60 his part was over…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 81 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.