fbpx

Yeral's PYOs – Gilded Sky to Khufu Keeper (Batch 1)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Yeral's PYOs – Gilded Sky to Khufu Keeper (Batch 1)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 323 total)
  • Author
    Adaneth
    Participant

Fantastic work on those details and lovely shading too. Hope it sells well for you! πŸ™‚

Hannah
      Participant

Adaneth wrote:

Fantastic work on those details and lovely shading too. Hope it sells well for you! πŸ™‚

Thank you ^^ He has one bid on him so I’m pretty excited πŸ˜€
        Can’t wait to get my hands on some more PYOs!

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
        Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Hannah
        Participant

OK so since I saw a few other people who are new at PYO’s doing awesome jobs with antiquing, I decided to give it a go myself πŸ™‚
          I was really scared to do it to my first little guy, who I named Gilded Sky, but I read the advice that has been given previously (like, not trying to antique until after the topcoat is on – which was actually very helpful! Made it so much easier to wipe off ‘mistakes’) and I did it. The only place that I didn’t really antique was his inside wings (could you call them membranes? That sounds kinda icky and they’re so NOT icky!), I tried it but the grooves were so shallow that it ended up looking strange and almost dirty, so I decided to skip it πŸ™‚
          I have posted one “before” pic just for reference. I am quite happy with him πŸ˜€ I’ve decided once and for all that I will be keeping this one since he is my official first one, but I simply cannot wait to try more PYOs in the future πŸ™‚

Before:

After:

OH! And…. :snappy: :snappy: :snappy: :snappy: :snappy: I LOVE SNAPPY!!

Stephanie
          Participant

:yes: Looks Goooooooood!

machineguts
            Participant

What Serenity said! He is GORGEOUS! :yes:

Apari
              Participant

That’s completely awesome! It brings out soo much more detail and depth. Looks like you did a wonderful job, and I will ALWAYS do 1 clear coat before antiquing. I found that the inside of the legs were most difficult because there wasn’t any depth. I want to start on my next one soon.
                It’s good to see some other noobs No offense at all, I think it’s great! like myself succeeding so well. Keep it up!

Hannah
                Participant

sagiaparri wrote:

I found that the inside of the legs were most difficult because there wasn’t any depth. I want to start on my next one soon.
                  It’s good to see some other noobs No offense at all, I think it’s great! like myself succeeding so well. Keep it up!

Thanks everyone!! πŸ˜€

No offense taken at all Sagi, it’s much more a compliment πŸ™‚ I found the same thing too – I was going to take pictures and ask if anyone else had any trouble with the inside of the legs but I figured I didn’t need any more pictures of him XD It’s good to know that I’m not the only one who struggled with that though! I figured that it’s one of the least noticeable areas on the dragon anyway so it wouldn’t really matter much in the long run.

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

Wow! What a change, he was great before, now he’s amazing!

Got a busted Windstone?
                    drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin
                    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                    Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                    Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                    Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                    Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                    Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Grayfire_artz
                    Participant

OH THIS IS WONDERFUL!!!!
                      keep it up πŸ˜‰

pegasus4240
                      Participant

He’s awesome! πŸ™‚

-- Angie

Adaneth
                        Participant

Wow, what an improvement! πŸ˜€ (someyear I’ll have to find the courage for antiquing as well)

dragonmedley
                          Participant

I hate antiquing, but boy, sometimes, it’s a necessary thing. In this case, it was really worth it!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

BDW
                            Participant

Looks wonderful antiqued! I always prefer when the piece is antiqued since it brings out all those wonderful details that Melody painstakingly sculpted in the scales. πŸ™‚

really beautiful!! i LOVE how it turned out! πŸ™‚

Hannah
                              Participant

Thanks everyone!! ^^ :snappy:

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 323 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.