fbpx

Yeral's PYOs – Gilded Sky to Khufu Keeper (Batch 1)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Yeral's PYOs – Gilded Sky to Khufu Keeper (Batch 1)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 323 total)
  • Author
    Jerusha
    Participant

He reminds me a little of the Eric Carle story “Rainbow Fish”, just because of the scattered scales in different colors. Very pretty 😀

PurpleTurtle
      Participant

He’s so pretty and you did an excellent job painting him. I love his random blue scales and the lovely pearly sheen he has. Positively lovely!

Hannah
        Participant

Thanks everyone 🙂 I love that this forum has such an excited and supportive group <3

I have nearly finished my griffin – all I have left is to give him a top coat, and I’m waiting for a sunny day to do that!
          I took a bunch of pictures of him in all different lights, with and without flash, etc. He is just a pain to photograph! I spent hours on the detailing around his eyes and on his haunches, and although I got a couple of good pictures of his hind side, the eyes are increasingly difficult to photograph with my camera – it just can’t focus right. When I get him outside on a sunny day I will try again, but something tells me it’s just my camera’s fault and not the lighting 🙁 (*edit – it was definitely the camera! Borrowed a nicer one, and the photos have been replaced*)

In any case, here he is. He doesn’t have a name yet, but he reminds me of fire, and a sunset, and a little bit of Bollywood XD

^^ I liked the idea of putting him on a mystical looking background, but I think my camera wanted to focus on the glitter rather than the griffin ><

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
          Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Pegasi1978
          Participant

He’s awesome!

machineguts
            Participant

Oh wow, he is spectacular! I looove this combination of colors, they are some of my favorites! And the filigree patterning is an awesome touch. Just beautiful! :yes:

PurpleTurtle
              Participant

Wow 😮 . He’s awesome! I’m in love with the designs, and your color choice. I can’t wait too see more PYOs from you. Your a natural at painting these guys 😀 .

dragonmedley
                Participant

I love that griffin. I’m a sucker when it comes to swirls 😀

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                  I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Hannah
                  Participant

Thanks guys 😀 I’m really happy with how they both came out, and I definitely can’t wait to do more!

After thinking about it for a while, I think I will be putting both of these up for auction on Ebay – will be my first time trying to sell anything, so if anyone has any tips – I know this may not be the right forum for it, but if you can refer me to any good pages – let me know 🙂

Also, if anyone has any particular interest in either of these guys, please don’t hesitate to PM me an offer, I won’t be putting them up for a few days.

Elena
                    Participant

Love his colors 😀
                      what about ‘desert twilight’ or something along that vein for his name?

Rachel
                      Participant

*gasp* I LOVE the scroll-y bits. And the color combination is gorgeous.

Mmloda
                        Participant

Very cool Griffin! I Love the marking on him! 😉

Marzena

Anonymous

Very nice job! The colors are lovely! 🙂

Hannah
                            Participant

foxfeather wrote:

Love his colors 😀
                              what about ‘desert twilight’ or something along that vein for his name?

I think it’s perfect, now that you mention it he really does look almost like a sunset over a desert! Thanks for the name 😀

I also have updated the pictures above – my father let me borrow his HD digital camera! 😀 I kept the one with the black background up because i like glitter XD I’ll have to try to take pictures of my next PYOs with that background and this nicer digital camera – I have the feeling it might actually look good!

He’s all finished in the pictures now, I sprayed him with a couple of thin coats of glossy varnish and his eyes are finally glued in for good 🙂 Will be putting him up for auction on ebay in the next couple days!

really beautiful! i love the details 🙂

Hannah
                              Participant

The griffin is up on Ebay now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Windstone-PYO-Griffin-Desert-Twilight-/260684648753

I looked at what other people were doing for their auctions and did my best in guessing what was a reasonable price to list it as.. I hope I didn’t go overboard ><

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 323 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.