fbpx

Yeral's PYOs – Gilded Sky to Khufu Keeper (Batch 1)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Yeral's PYOs – Gilded Sky to Khufu Keeper (Batch 1)

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 323 total)
  • Author
    Hannah
    Participant

KoishiiKitty wrote:

wow. That is just crazy…..CRAZY AWESOME! He turned out really amazing. His little detail blue viening, really nice touch there.
      The white back ground looks like it is warping the colors some because he is so dark. I have a mottled grey cloth I use for pieces that are difficult to photo like that. Can you photo him with out a background, on a table or something? That might help. He is definately impressive.
      I think I like the dark eyed, though they both have an awesome look.

Thank you!!

Yeah, I’ve always had trouble photographing, but this one in particular has been a huge pain! I’ve tried with flash, without, indoors, outdoors! I can take some pictures of him on our kitchen table but they often come out warmer colors because the entire kitchen is painted in warm colors >< I will definitely try again tomorrow though – the outdoor pictures may also look warped because the sun is pretty much setting as I was taking them. Hopefully if there is some decent sunlight out tomorrow I can get some better images. I'll try taking my black cloth outdoors too and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks for the tips Koishii!!

Hehe – thank you drag0n! I like both the eyes in their own ways too ๐Ÿ˜€ The brain is just fantastic – the lady who makes them on etsy is seriously a darling, and she makes all sorts of awesome jewelry! I was tempted to get her anatomically correct heart, but I thought a zombie must be holding a brain!

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
      Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Hannah
      Participant

Update: The Zombie Keeper is now off “Hold” status, and is for sale. Please PM me if interested!

Skeeterdeee
        Participant

Yeral wrote:

Thanks Skeeter! I don’t know how to send stuff to Melody though! >< I'm super sensitive about bugging people too ๐Ÿ˜†

Melody encouraged you to make him, though! It’s not bugging her when she offered encouragement! ๐Ÿ™‚

Hannah
          Participant

๐Ÿ˜† you’re right. I’ll send her an email ๐Ÿ™‚

pipsxlch
            Participant

HAHAHAHA! I LOVE him! ๐Ÿ˜† I can’t wait to see the other pics; my monitor is dying and the darker eyes don’t really look like anything on it, just grey blurs. I love the veins, but the blood splatters really do it for me. ๐Ÿ˜†
              You know, this is probably a really terrible idea, I can see where it would be considered ripping off yours, but wouldn’t it be cool if we had a Zombie PYO swap or just a bunch of us did them? (maybe there’s a charity out there that would be uniquely suited to them that we could sell them for?) All the different PYOs, and everyones own take on the theme and whatever ‘add-ons’ they wanted to put on/with it. I can see a kirin with stuff hanging from its mouth… :puke: ๐Ÿ˜€ It probably wouldn’t be too hard making tiny organs out of Sculpey.

Hannah
              Participant

๐Ÿ˜† Thanks pipsxlch!

Hey now, zombies weren’t my idea! And I would get a total kick out of that!! The lady that I order the brains from on Etsy does an awesome heart and I believe she uses sculpey – or at least some kind of Polymer clay! Here’s her store:

http://www.neverlandjewelry.etsy.com

She’s a sweetheart too ๐Ÿ™‚

bayoudragon
                Participant

Hahaha! The muse has a place to hang things! I’m seriously considering going to the thrift store to find a Barbie doll so I can yank off one of the hands (so I can mangle it). XD ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

twindragonsmum
                  Participant

I like his blank eyes best!

Nice work!

twindragonsmum ๐Ÿ˜€

tdm

Hannah
                    Participant

๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† thats awesome tdm!! Thanks ๐Ÿ˜€

OMG bayou – to have a zombie muse with a barbie head hanging by the hair in it’s mouth? PRICELESS.

pipsxlch wrote:

HAHAHAHA! I LOVE him! ๐Ÿ˜† I can’t wait to see the other pics; my monitor is dying and the darker eyes don’t really look like anything on it, just grey blurs. I love the veins, but the blood splatters really do it for me. ๐Ÿ˜†
                      You know, this is probably a really terrible idea, I can see where it would be considered ripping off yours, but wouldn’t it be cool if we had a Zombie PYO swap or just a bunch of us did them? (maybe there’s a charity out there that would be uniquely suited to them that we could sell them for?) All the different PYOs, and everyones own take on the theme and whatever ‘add-ons’ they wanted to put on/with it. I can see a kirin with stuff hanging from its mouth… :puke: ๐Ÿ˜€ It probably wouldn’t be too hard making tiny organs out of Sculpey.

Zombies are a big deal as of now. I for one have always loved zombies but it is now mainstream. Look at AMC’s The Walking Dead. Good series imo.
                      Let all of us zombie fans unite. I think it would be awesome to see zombies in fantasy. Yeral has done an amazing job.
                      I would love to see more art with zombies. I
                      Zombie Dragons is a great start! 8) to Yeral

PurpleTurtle
                      Participant

ZOMG ๐Ÿ˜ฎ !
                        That Zombie Keeper kicks so much butt I can barely stand it! Coolness overload!
                        I love zombies, and you have really captured the essence of ‘zombie’ in that dragon ๐Ÿ˜‰ . And that brain charm is too much XD . LOVE it! I’m glad that you are going with the white eyes, but those hollow eyes are killer to.

Kelly
                        Participant

Awesome,Yeral! It came out great. I agree with everyone. The blood and blue viens are a great touch. I like the brain trinket, and the silver gem as well. I think I like him with the gray hollow eyes best. But it could be the lighting in your pics.

bayoudragon wrote:

Hahaha! The muse has a place to hang things! I’m seriously considering going to the thrift store to find a Barbie doll so I can yank off one of the hands (so I can mangle it). XD ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

LOL, I can see this! ๐Ÿ˜€ I would love to see a bunch of zombie pyo’s. I think the hardest part would be to keep them all pg-13. I can imagine so many zombie images…..oh the horror….. ๐Ÿ˜€ Yeral, really excellent job!

etruscan
                          Participant

The Zombie Keeper is interesting, but when the PYO dragons become available again I would like to see one of them as a zombie. I think the stance would be perfect for this treatment – even if he couldn’t carry his brain with him.

Hannah
                            Participant

Thanks everyone! I’ll be honest, I’m surprised (pleasantly!) that the zombie theme is so popular! You all rock ๐Ÿ˜€

That’s a good idea Etruscan – and something I’ll definitely have to try once the little buggers get back in the store!

I was going to take better pictures of the zombie keeper today, but of course it was overcast and snowing for most of the day. Argh! And with my luck, it will be bright and sunny tomorrow (I have to work all day ><). Oh well, sometime next week I'll replace those pictures ๐Ÿ˜† Actually – Dreaming tree is sending me another pair of Zombie eyes, ones that are a little different looking – and I've been waiting to glue the eyes in this one because I want to see what this other pair looks like! I may just hold off on pictures until they come in ๐Ÿ™‚

Hannah
                              Participant

I was requested by another forum member to make another Zombie Keeper, so here he is ๐Ÿ™‚ This one gets the black eyes! She wanted me to file down some of the scales and physically add some scratches to them as well, and although I was really nervous to, I did it! I think it came out well! She also requested more blood and gore so that’s why this one looks more bloody!

Towards the bottom are some side-by-side comparisons of #1 and #2 – they look very similar but if you look close (other than the blood) there are some differences between them – some areas are highlighted differently, and I think #2 came out a shade brighter, but I quite like it ๐Ÿ™‚

#1 is still available, send me a tell if you’re interested (he’s the one with the white eyes! :D)

Oh! #2 does not have his brain in these pictures – I saw that there was sunlight and I had to run outside and take pictures before it eluded me ๐Ÿ˜† He does have the brain in now as he is sitting on my desk waiting to get packaged ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 323 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.