fbpx

Yeep, spammers!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Yeep, spammers!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Holy cow guys, I gotta apologize for all the spam that’s been getting on the galleries! Sheesh. It’s reached a new high… Usually I can delete it all if I’m on everyday, but we were on the road for two days and I haven’t been able to get to it. Really, really sorry! Vantid’s been out of town too, so the forum has been mostly without moderation the last two days. It will be better now that I’m back!

Also, I went and approved a bunch of things in the PYO galleries, so if you’ve been waiting forever for yours to go up, it’s there now!

Greatest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused!

littleironhorse
    Participant

Nah… That’s fine! You guys are allowed some time off once in a while 😉

SPark
      Participant

Yeah, I was away this weekend too, and holy crap did I have a TON of stuff to go through when I got back. No worries. Though it’s too bad you can’t filter out spammers in the gallery comments.

Bob

I’m in the same situation this weekend I’ll be in Denver and not near a computer I don’t think

Anonymous

I’m still not sure why Pete insists on having guest comments enabled.. that is why the spam is there.

The gallery has a bridge that ties to the forum so if you are logged on here, you are logged in there.

frozendragon
            Participant

Chessapeaka wrote:

Holy cow guys, I gotta apologize for all the spam that’s been getting on the galleries! Sheesh. It’s reached a new high… Usually I can delete it all if I’m on everyday, but we were on the road for two days and I haven’t been able to get to it. Really, really sorry! Vantid’s been out of town too, so the forum has been mostly without moderation the last two days. It will be better now that I’m back!

Also, I went and approved a bunch of things in the PYO galleries, so if you’ve been waiting forever for yours to go up, it’s there now!

Greatest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused!

yeah I deleted comments off of some of my stuff to get rid of spam…

didn’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings for taking comments off…but I noticed the spam and well….some of it needed to go right away

Bob

I’m very glad we have people watching over us

Snapdragon wrote:

I’m still not sure why Pete insists on having guest comments enabled.. that is why the spam is there.

The gallery has a bridge that ties to the forum so if you are logged on here, you are logged in there.

It’s my parents that insist on it, I think, and it’s because there ARE a lot of harmless guest commenters. Ones that are actually real people. However… I think we need to change that, ’cause this is getting ridiculous! I deleted over 20 this morning (sure, I wasn’t able to get online yesterday, but still…). Crazy.

I’m back now, more or less.

A filter was supposed to have gotten set up for guest commentors. I dunno whatever happened with that.

Maria
                Participant

Hm… Snap?

Anonymous

Um, what? Nothing was said/asked of me.. I’m just working on the forum spam eliminator doohickey.

Maria
                    Participant

Didn’t you mention in another thread you could take off the guest commentator function? (Yes, I’m too lazy to find the exact comment. It’s almost 2300 hours here and I should be asleep.)

Maria
                      Participant

Say, Chessie, you should hit delete on the registered members too. Our latest, patterpaws, is real life and has a neat website full of cute artwork, but there are at least 20 registered things that don’t belong…

Anonymous

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Didn’t you mention in another thread you could take off the guest commentator function? (Yes, I’m too lazy to find the exact comment. It’s almost 2300 hours here and I should be asleep.)

Yes, but that would be something Pete would configure and it was also veto’d by a thread Chessie posted about the rentals wanting guest comments.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.