fbpx

Wizards in new colors?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Wizards in new colors?

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Pegasi1978
    Participant

Kyrin wrote:

I’ve also asked Susie for some catalogs so I can try to influence some of the speciality shops in Twin Falls to carry Windstones.

Kyrin

I don’t know if Windstone has any more of the catalogues since they stopped producing them. I have a few of the Winter 2005 flyers with the Rock Dragon on the front. One of the sellers in Savannah gave me a bunch. If you want I can mail one or two of them to you. They don’t have too much retired stuff in them.

Both sellers said they wished Windstone was still producing the catalogues. Oh and they both said they wished Windstone was making the Kirins as those were some of the biggest selling items for them.

Maria
      Participant

I wonder why the Kirins were even retired in the first place? Unless Melody sees this or someone else can answer I’ll start a new topic with the question.

Jennifer
        Keymaster

Greater Basilisk wrote:

I wonder why the Kirins were even retired in the first place? Unless Melody sees this or someone else can answer I’ll start a new topic with the question.

Kirins are hard to paint!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

emerald212 wrote:

Well, there goes my business. πŸ˜•

As long as your shipping is cheaper (should be since you are closer to me) I’ll still be buying from you for the regular production pieces. Don’t worry. Not all of your customers are running to the Windstone Store.

Jodi
          Participant

Romeodanny wrote:

emerald212 wrote:

Well, there goes my business. πŸ˜•

As long as your shipping is cheaper (should be since you are closer to me) I’ll still be buying from you for the regular production pieces. Don’t worry. Not all of your customers are running to the Windstone Store.

Yay!

Jodi
            Participant

Kyrin wrote:

Melody wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Slightly different, but same topic – I’d like to add a question here. I saw the wizards are now direct sales. Are they being retired from the retailers?

Everybody answered this for me. Things are now appearing in our store that are regular production. This is for people that live out in the hopelessly backward parts of the globe without Windstone dealers around.

That would be me. I checked with most of the stores in Idaho that are on the Windstone list…only 2 still carry Windstones, and I am not completely sure how accurate that is, since what they show on their website are old colors.

If it will help, I will give them all a call tomorrow and see which ones still actively order from you. And then report back.

I’ve also asked Susie for some catalogs so I can try to influence some of the speciality shops in Twin Falls to carry Windstones.

Kyrin

Don’t forget, Kyrin. I ship anywhere! I think Wolflodge does too. πŸ™‚

emerald212 wrote:

Kyrin wrote:

Melody wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Slightly different, but same topic – I’d like to add a question here. I saw the wizards are now direct sales. Are they being retired from the retailers?

Everybody answered this for me. Things are now appearing in our store that are regular production. This is for people that live out in the hopelessly backward parts of the globe without Windstone dealers around.

That would be me. I checked with most of the stores in Idaho that are on the Windstone list…only 2 still carry Windstones, and I am not completely sure how accurate that is, since what they show on their website are old colors.

If it will help, I will give them all a call tomorrow and see which ones still actively order from you. And then report back.

Kyrin

Don’t forget, Kyrin. I ship anywhere! I think Wolflodge does too. πŸ™‚

I know, hence why I am getting a grand uni from ya.

The real reason I am trying for local store carry is so I can get some of those beautiful brown dragons on the direct page, without getting yelled at by hubby for overspending. He can’t give me grief if I get it for free.

Not to mention, I think it is criminal that there are no Windstone dealers anywhere in this state that are still carrying them, what the heck was that about? So the word needs to be spread, if I happen to get a few dragons out of making that happen, I sure as heck am not gonna cry.

I can always love more Windstones, yep, I am pretty sure my heart is big enough.

*grin*
              Kyrin

Maria
              Participant

Nambroth wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Kirins are hard to paint!

Oh. πŸ™

Starbreeze
                Participant

What makes them harder to paint than dragons, I wonder? πŸ˜•

Maria
                  Participant

I bet it’s the lining/antiquing on the scales.

Jennifer
                    Keymaster

starbreeze wrote:

What makes them harder to paint than dragons, I wonder? πŸ˜•

Dunno! I just know Melody hates painting them! πŸ˜†

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                      My art: featherdust.com

SPark
                      Participant

I suspect it’s the need to not splash any of the mane color onto the body. Means using lots of stencils, probably.

haha, well they get us hooked on Windstones and then poof they don’t make them anymore because they are hard to paint. I guess it makes us work harder to get them if we don’t have them. πŸ˜†

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.