fbpx

With the holidays upon us..

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody With the holidays upon us..

Viewing 12 posts - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    Melody
    Keymaster

Dragon Master wrote:

practice makes perfect!! If she learned from you she learned from the best!!

Did you mean Me? Nam didn’t learn from me! Quite the opposite! I’m not a painter!

Participant

Melody wrote:

Nam didn’t learn from me! Quite the opposite! I’m not a painter!

Wha??? Aren’t you the High Supreme Master of test paints at the factory??

Melody
        Keymaster

frozendragon wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

vantid wrote:

Dragon Master wrote:

practice makes perfect!! If she learned from you she learned from the best!!

Nam Learned on her own! She’s awesome that way.

I need her to Learn me!!!

LOL…me too me too… She wrote the tutorial.

Melody
          Keymaster

SilverArrow wrote:

Melody wrote:

Well, yeah, that is mostly with an airbrush. That’s different. I’m not modest about my airbrushing skills. I am about half as good as the Windstone painters. That’s bragging.
            It isn’t false modesty when I say I can’t hand paint.. I’ve tried! My hand just isn’t steady enough to do it well. I’ve watched our hand painters at Windstone paint the little eyeballs on the Cherubs,(remember those?) I knew how, but I simply couldn’t physically do it.
            I tell ya.. when I see the beautiful pyos all you folks have done in the gallery, I just go “Agh! How did they DO that?!?”
            I sent the first pyos to Nam and had her figure out how to do it!

frozendragon
            Participant

Melody wrote:

SilverArrow wrote:

Melody wrote:

Well, yeah, that is mostly with an airbrush. That’s different. I’m not modest about my airbrushing skills. I am about half as good as the Windstone painters. That’s bragging.
              It isn’t false modesty when I say I can’t hand paint.. I’ve tried! My hand just isn’t steady enough to do it well. I’ve watched our hand painters at Windstone paint the little eyeballs on the Cherubs,(remember those?) I knew how, but I simply couldn’t physically do it.
              I tell ya.. when I see the beautiful pyos all you folks have done in the gallery, I just go “Agh! How did they DO that?!?”

I wish I could airbrush….so far I can’t….I have one and all kinds of paints with it….but so far I get little blobs of paint….

I guess I should practice…but I’m sticking with brushes for now

I guess I never thought that airbrushing was that different. I have access to one, but I haven’t tried it yet.

Skigod377
              Participant

I like hand painting, but i’ve never tried airbrushing. I think I will try to master the hand painting first…so it’ll be a while. I loves Nams work and you can see the improvements from the first ones she did. Trial and error?

Melody
                Keymaster

frozendragon wrote:

Melody wrote:

SilverArrow wrote:

Melody wrote:

I wish I could airbrush….so far I can’t….I have one and all kinds of paints with it….but so far I get little blobs of paint….

I guess I should practice…but I’m sticking with brushes for now
                  It takes practice, so don’t be instantly discouraged. It doesn’t take pratice to have fun with it though! Nice thing about opaque acrylics, they can be painted over if you make a mess.
                  90% of learning to airbrush is getting it to work properly! That is why an airbrush class is useful,or at least a book on it. It is a matter of learning what is wrong… paint blobs are because: a. not enough air, b. paint too thick, c. nozzel not adjusted right… etc.

Jennifer
                  Keymaster

skigod377 wrote:

I like hand painting, but i’ve never tried airbrushing. I think I will try to master the hand painting first…so it’ll be a while. I loves Nams work and you can see the improvements from the first ones she did. Trial and error?

Trial and error?? – LOTS! 😆 I’m used to painting on relatively flat surfaces so it was a real new experience to start painting the PYOs so much. I buggared up more PYO griffins than the collectors here would care to know, I’m sure! The first few I antiqued were a real mess especially. It was hard to try and figure it all out without EVER having seen how the production painters do it (I’ve never been to the factory) but at the same time that was an ideal situation, since I was starting at the same point as most everyone else that was going to paint them, and I could develop techniques that weren’t too reliant on the methods at the factory (that most average people don’t have access to). 🙂

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                    My art: featherdust.com

Skigod377
                    Participant

Im glad im not the only one who has wreaked havoc on these poor, hapless PYOs!

Will they let you post pics on the error PYOs?

Participant

I’m really glad this topic came up. Now I won’t worry so much when I go to paint my PYOs.

Viewing 12 posts - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.