fbpx

Winter Wildfires

Home Forums Miscellany Community Winter Wildfires

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Sirithiliel
    Participant

Some winter we’ve been having in the South! A large grass fire a few miles or less from my home is sending smoke all through my neighborhood. =( I’ve yet to see a hint of snow this winter so far, not to mention 60 – 70 degree weather! Last year at this time I was snowed in to my house several times! Strangest winter ever. Now i’m going to go douse the sides of my house and yard with a hose…

Carolyn
      Participant

Thats scary . Wildfires always are . Stay safe .

KaytanaPhoenix
        Participant

Yikes! I wish you the best with this! I always fret in the summer over wildfires out here, the grass is so dry! but a winter wildfire is surprising!
          I agree, it has been a weird winter! Unusually warm here.. some snow, but not like I’m used to

Sirithiliel
          Participant

Yikes! I wish you the best with this! I always fret in the summer over wildfires out here, the grass is so dry! but a winter wildfire is surprising!
            I agree, it has been a weird winter! Unusually warm here.. some snow, but not like I’m used to

This time last year we were having blizzard conditions. But today it was 70 degrees and we haven’t seen rain [much less snow] in quite a while, which is why I think the wildfire happened. Thankfully they have it out now, and it didn’t get TOO close to us =)

Carolyn
            Participant

This time last year it was a cold , cold time . Not so bad this year .

KaytanaPhoenix
              Participant

I’m glad to hear it is out now! 🙂 I’d be afraid if one caught up in Colorado right now, though I think the mountains are doing well enough for snow they wouldn’t have a big worry, it’s been super windy this winter.. some areas in the mountains getting hurricane strength winds. It’s been a crazy year, that’s for sure!

Carolyn
                Participant

Boy is it windy here . Typical winter . Spring means tornaos ! My spelling is bad at times too .

KaytanaPhoenix
                  Participant

Boy is it windy here . Typical winter . Spring means tornaos ! My spelling is bad at times too .

Typical winter is windy here as well, but some of these wind storms are new levels of it! lol… ‘n I feel ya, Spring means tornados here as well! I’m always excited for a storm all the way till tornado warnings/watches start popping up, then I get nervous, lol

Kiya
                    Participant

Spring here means rain. Winter means rain. Fall means rain. Summer means slightly less rain with the occasional ray of sunshine that burns all of us to lobster colors before the rain comes back…

Ah, Oregon. You may only have one season, and it may be gray and drizzly, but at least we mostly don’t have tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, or zombies…

Sirithiliel
                      Participant

I understand spring is tornadoes! I live in Oklahoma, guess what we’re known for? =P;;;

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.