fbpx

winged animals

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody winged animals

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    Melody
    Keymaster

lamortefille wrote:

Was the Vampire bat in Melody’s gallery discussed somewhere?

In the comments under the pic of it in my gallery.

lamortefille
      Participant

Melody wrote:

lamortefille wrote:

Was the Vampire bat in Melody’s gallery discussed somewhere?

In the comments under the pic of it in my gallery.

lol Yeah, I saw those. I was just wondering if there was a thread about it somewhere that I missed. In any case it’s really awesome looking.

Maria
        Participant

It is. And so is the griffocampus, even if it’s hardly workable.

The meercat sounds cute. Any big cats. I’d love to see some mice. They would look great with the cats,
          How about a racoon? I know I know, A Flying Squirrel!
          and a flying moose to go with ๐Ÿ˜† OK maybe not ๐Ÿ˜‰
          btw Melody We lived on the coast of Oregon for three years. Right on the beach between the ocean and hwy 101. This was back in the seventies before there were any condos or tourist traps. Just a whole lota beach and ocean. Right off Cape Kiwanda near Pacific City. *sigh* I miss the ocean. Hey ๐Ÿ’ก how about a flying seahorse ?

Melody
          Keymaster

I just put a pic of the hippogriff in my gallery.

KoishiiKitty
            Participant

Melody wrote:

I just put a pic of the hippogriff in my gallery.

oh I am really liking how it is turning out. it really is so different..and it has such a gentle look..where the griffins have this sharp look to them.

Melody
              Keymaster

From what I have gathered about hippogriffs, they are gentler than griffins. Hippogriffs are the steeds of poets. Meaning, I guess, that they can take you not only imaginary places, but fantasy imaginary places, because they are not real fantasy animals. They are imaginary fantasy animals, since hippogriffs are a cross between a horse and a griffin. Griffins and horses traditionally hate each other, and wouldn’t have kids together.
                They can transport you to the place they are from, where there are no rules, just boundless imagination.
                Hippogriffs are good subjects to have sculptures of in a library. They like to hang out with books..

oooh I like the sound of that!

He is looking great Melody!! When can we expect him in test paints?? A few months, a year?

Jennifer
                Keymaster

He looks like he’s in his first rough clay incarnation,; he’ll have to be cast, sculpted, cast, etc for quite a while before we see him I think. ๐Ÿ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                  My art: featherdust.com

wolflodge100
                  Participant

Melody wrote:

From what I have gathered about hippogriffs, they are gentler than griffins. Hippogriffs are the steeds of poets. Meaning, I guess, that they can take you not only imaginary places, but fantasy imaginary places, because they are not real fantasy animals. They are imaginary fantasy animals, since hippogriffs are a cross between a horse and a griffin. Griffins and horses traditionally hate each other, and wouldn’t have kids together.
                    They can transport you to the place they are from, where there are no rules, just boundless imagination.
                    Hippogriffs are good subjects to have sculptures of in a library. They like to hang out with books..

According to the land of Xanth, love springs are the source of most hybreds ๐Ÿ˜†

Melody
                    Keymaster

Nambroth wrote:

He looks like he’s in his first rough clay incarnation,; he’ll have to be cast, sculpted, cast, etc for quite a while before we see him I think. ๐Ÿ™‚

Yeah, give me twenty years or so.

Melody
                      Keymaster

wolflodge100 wrote:

Melody wrote:

According to the land of Xanth, love springs are the source of most hybreds ๐Ÿ˜†Does that explain the winged centaur on one of the covers?

Maebnus
                        Participant

Melody wrote:

wolflodge100 wrote:

According to the land of Xanth, love springs are the source of most hybreds ๐Ÿ˜†

Does that explain the winged centaur on one of the covers?

Yep! The family’s on the cover of Isle of View. The male is the result of a centaur/pegasus mix, the female of a centaur/hippogriff mix… and then of course their [first] kid. ๐Ÿ˜€

twenty huh.. harumph

Melody
                          Keymaster

TrottierJS wrote:

oooh I like the sound of that!

He is looking great Melody!! When can we expect him in test paints?? A few months, a year?I often don’t do do test paints until after about a year of working on a sculpture. Then I get a paintable sample made in an early mold when the sculpture is getting close to being finished.
                            Then comes the tedious process of getting these things into production. This year, if we actually MOVE it will take much longer, due to chaos.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 94 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.