fbpx

Windstones' new eBay auctions thread Aug 27 page 64

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Windstones' new eBay auctions thread Aug 27 page 64

Viewing 10 posts - 1,021 through 1,030 (of 1,030 total)
  • Author
    LadyFirebird
    Participant

That’s good that you explained things Jen. Not that I ever thought you were greedy. I work for a small business myself and see first hand what all the overhead is. We subcontract work out–that is pretty much what Windstone does when they send you pieces–you’ve agreed to a price and then Windstone gets the piece back and sells on ebay for the profit. My place of work does this all the time! If people think that Windstone is really raking in the dough from ebay, let me tell you this–they have a payroll to take care of plus utilities, materials, ebay fees and insurance. You don’t realize how much of a bite all this can take from profits! I can understand if things aren’t selling very well on ebay, that is cutting into profits for both parties involved. I just read in the ‘Ask Melody’ forum that it appears that the casting problems were caused by the gypsum they were using and have had good success with a new forumla with the company that provides their gypsum. Now that helps trememdously! If then can’t cast then they can’t sell and everyone loses!

Jennifer
      Keymaster

LadyFirebird wrote:

-you’ve agreed to a price and then Windstone gets the piece back and sells on ebay for the profit.

No, this isn’t quite how it happens. The amount we both make is purely dependent on the final eBay outcome. Very nerve-wracking! 😆

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer wrote:

LadyFirebird wrote:

-you’ve agreed to a price and then Windstone gets the piece back and sells on ebay for the profit.

No, this isn’t quite how it happens. The amount we both make is purely dependent on the final eBay outcome. Very nerve-wracking! 😆

So it can be a good thing when some of us get into massive bidding wars, eh? *winks*

Windstone collector in remission. 😉

Bob

That my dear friends is the BESTEST win win win situation EVER. Windstone, Jen and the Winner!!!

Dragondreamweaver
          Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

lamortefille wrote:

That’s a funny story, DDW. Don’t worry, he just thinks you’re nutty now. 😈 😉

Yeah a Windstone NUT!!

I already knew I was a nut, I just didn’t want the others to find out. 😈 Lol! 😀

The best part is that he avoids me now, instead of me having to try and avoid him at work. I think I may be onto something with this whole making yourself look nutty thing! 😀 😈

LadyFirebird
            Participant

I think I may be onto something with this whole making yourself look nutty thing! 😀 :twisted:[/quote wrote:

Heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh–grinning an evil grin 👿 Ya know something–I’ve been doing this for years, DDW! Make yourself look or even appear nutty–that way no one screws with you! 😈 👿

Does anybody know what that last tea mermaid went for?

lamortefille
              Participant

eaglefeather831 wrote:

$124.50.

lamortefille wrote:

eaglefeather831 wrote:

$124.50.

Ah, thank you. I couldn’t seem to find it. 😳

lamortefille
                Participant

You’re quite welcome, eaglefeather:)

Viewing 10 posts - 1,021 through 1,030 (of 1,030 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.