fbpx

Windstones' new eBay auctions thread Aug 27 page 64

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Windstones' new eBay auctions thread Aug 27 page 64

Viewing 15 posts - 901 through 915 (of 1,030 total)
  • Author

LadyFirebird wrote:

And Tyrrlin, I watched the remaining seconds of that auction! I wasn’t bidding but sometimes I watch them to the bitter (don’t get heart attacks because I’m getting outbid) but yipes–over $2,600!!! Think of it this way–you’re not spending that money and Melody hinted that she is considering a production line of the griffins in bengal pattern. It won’t be signed but it will be a lot cheaper! Sometimes good things come to those who wait! 😀

I am taking some consolation in the fact that the “winning bid” is still sitting in my bank account (or on my credit card 😀 ). And you’re not alone, I also will watch the occasional auction just to see what something goes for. It’s a LOT more fun when you’re not trying to win.

Hopefully the other Bengal prototypes’ll show up at auspicious times. We’ll have to wait and see.

Windstone collector in remission. 😉

Dragonlairqueen
    Participant

Tyrrlin wrote:

Hopefully the other Bengal prototypes’ll show up at auspicious times. We’ll have to wait and see.

Actually, she didn’t hint at all! From the auction: “He is part of a small group of Male Griffins that I have test painted in this color.” Soooooo, that means there’re already more in existence, waiting to be auctioned. This went for a OOAK price, but it’s not OOAK, and you all can have hope for getting one! I don’t know what she means by “small group”, but I would think at least 5 or so. In my (yes, sometimes addled) mind, “a couple” is 2, “a few” is 3, “several” is 4-5, and “a small group” starts at 5 and ends before a dozen. Who knows what they mean to Melody, though! He is stunning, and I’d love to have one, too!

I don’t care for the dark-point paint. To my eye, it looks like he’s all sooty-faced or something, but I’m sure he’ll appeal to many others.

My first Oriental arrived yesterday (the young amethyst), and there was almost a ceremony as she was placed in my secretary and became “the” dragon in the den. My boys were very into it, as they know we have a dragon (of some kind) in every room, but since we moved into the house (ahem, 7 years ago…) somehow the top-o-the-monitor dragons never made it back. Now we have a flat-screen, so they’d’ve lost their home anyway… :0)

I really love that OW, he looks like a seal point siamese cat, only prettier…

BDW
      Participant

Oh that Old Warrior….I’d offer a kidney but I can’t seem to find the ‘desperate enough to offer body parts’ section of PayPal 🙄

dragonlairqueen wrote:

Tyrrlin wrote:

Actually, she didn’t hint at all! From the auction: “He is part of a small group of Male Griffins that I have test painted in this color.” Soooooo, that means there’re already more in existence, waiting to be auctioned. This went for a OOAK price, but it’s not OOAK, and you all can have hope for getting one! I don’t know what she means by “small group”, but I would think at least 5 or so. In my (yes, sometimes addled) mind, “a couple” is 2, “a few” is 3, “several” is 4-5, and “a small group” starts at 5 and ends before a dozen. Who knows what they mean to Melody, though! He is stunning, and I’d love to have one, too!

I don’t care for the dark-point paint. To my eye, it looks like he’s all sooty-faced or something, but I’m sure he’ll appeal to many others.

My first Oriental arrived yesterday (the young amethyst), and there was almost a ceremony as she was placed in my secretary and became “the” dragon in the den. My boys were very into it, as they know we have a dragon (of some kind) in every room, but since we moved into the house (ahem, 7 years ago…) somehow the top-o-the-monitor dragons never made it back. Now we have a flat-screen, so they’d’ve lost their home anyway… :0)

She said their were more but this was the only one that was painted brown atm http://www.windstoneeditions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11364. I know they are having problems in the factory with the Gypsum. I hope this becomes a production but like the auction said it will not look like this one with all the detail. She also hints at the fact their is a silver one that I think to believe isnt the raffle prize for this month. So I hope I can have a chance at that one 😀
        Congrats on whoever won! He is a amazing! I actually went out with the girls to night so I didnt have to think about it lol.

Morrigan
        Participant

LadyFirebird wrote:

Misato wrote:

AHH my Ebay win was sent to the wrong address! >..<! My first win in ages too.

Glad it went to a trustworthy person! I’d be upset too–now if something was sent to me by mistake, I’d contact the shipper! What goes around comes around! Hope you get your package–how frustrating especially since you haven’t won anything for a while!

I can’t deny that I was extremely upset when I got the email yesterday. >..< It's just kind of worrying if no one double-checks invoices. But eh.. hopefully after a detour around the States I should have my item and I'll feel better. x.x

Congrats to whoever won the Griffin by the way!

Update: Been contacted by the person who is being sent my item. Feeling a bit better now. ^_^

Pam

Misato: What happened was your flapcat and a bobcat were packed in nearly the same sized boxes and right next to each other in a big pile of other boxed ebay things. I was in a hurry and grabbed the flapcat instead of the bobcat. Our shipper is very good about getting stuff sent to the correct address that’s on the invoice, but in this case the invoice was matched to the wrong item ( my fault 😳 ).

Dragonlairqueen
            Participant

Griffinlover wrote:

She said their were more but this was the only one that was painted brown atm http://www.windstoneeditions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11364. I know they are having problems in the factory with the Gypsum. I hope this becomes a production but like the auction said it will not look like this one with all the detail. She also hints at the fact their is a silver one that I think to believe isnt the raffle prize for this month. So I hope I can have a chance at that one 😀
              Congrats on whoever won! He is a amazing! I actually went out with the girls to night so I didnt have to think about it lol.

I followed your link, GL, and she did say: “…and just this one brown Bengal so far. I plan to do more of them.” So there will be more; it’s just a matter of time. Works for me (and you, too)! :0) :yes:

chrisherself
              Participant

Pam, Misato, does that mean Misato will get the Flap Cat instead of the Bobcat, then the two buyers have to switch?

That would be kind of amusing 😳 Look at it this way–if so, then the person with your item probably wants their correct one as much as you!

Morrigan
                Participant

chrisherself wrote:

Pam, Misato, does that mean Misato will get the Flap Cat instead of the Bobcat, then the two buyers have to switch?

That would be kind of amusing 😳 Look at it this way–if so, then the person with your item probably wants their correct one as much as you!

As far as I know, Pam spotted the error before the Bob cat was sent to me. But my Flap Cat was already sent to the other person by mistake. That would be a nightmare if I got sent the wrong item too, especially with customs charges on top. ^_^;

dragonlairqueen wrote:

Griffinlover wrote:

I followed your link, GL, and she did say: “…and just this one brown Bengal so far. I plan to do more of them.” So there will be more; it’s just a matter of time. Works for me (and you, too)! :0) :yes:

And me three. 😀

Windstone collector in remission. 😉

do fuzzies come with ebay items? o_0? Where do you say “Love, Fuzzy”???

www.nakaseart.com

BDW
                  Participant
                    kitsunelady
                    Participant

Nakase wrote:

do fuzzies come with ebay items? o_0? Where do you say “Love, Fuzzy”???

In the comments on your PayPal invoice. o.o; I think you have to click ‘add comment’ or something, now, though…it doesn’t just give you a space like it used to. e.e

Also, that pinto baby unicorn is so cute. I hope that’s the next unicorn production color. >.>; Or at least, LP…

Viewing 15 posts - 901 through 915 (of 1,030 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.