fbpx

Windstones' new auctions thread Nov 11, closed

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Windstones' new auctions thread Nov 11, closed

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 660 total)
  • Author
    kitsunelady
    Participant

What lovely claws you have~ <3 @ the Secret Keeper

pegasi1978 wrote:

WindstoneCollector wrote:

I agree with Kujacker though, I don’t like those Pegasus painted like that. Straight black wouldn’t be bad, like the white ones, but bleh on those “horse breed” themes. But, that is ok that I don’t like them. I really don’t collect the Pegasus anyway. I have the original family, and at times I debate on getting rid of it in favor of making more room for the others I like more. 😳

See I like seeing some of the other “horse breeds” represented on the pegasus and unicorns, but the wings are just too plain on the pegasus after seeing all the beautiful griffin wings.

I’m with you, pegasi. I wanted to like him, but the ‘tacked-on’ white wings put me off. I’ve love to see more variety, like with the wings on the griffins. πŸ™‚

Ditto, Adaneth.
      I think it would be cool if Melody would use a few more fantasy colors or markings on her equines. You find real life colors on Breyers and Peter Stone horses; Windstone should be different.

Purplecat
      Participant

I really like the brown ow…and love the new curlie, but the others dont excite me quite so much. man….I wish I had monies!!!! πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

pipsxlch
        Participant

I really really liked the OW, guess it’s a good thing things are rough! The orange eyes work so much beter for me than the blue in the regular browns, though I liked the color spots on the old ones. Yellow may work even better? (loved the sand male obviously)

Blood and deep bays are a favorite horse color, so I like the foal being bay. (the stud I grew up with was close to blood) I agree that the wings could use some ‘pizazz’ though. I’d like them maybe barred or something, in lighter browns- khakis etc. like a falcon.

I second the fantasy colors idea though! Some of the schemes used on Poads recently might be cool on a uni or peg.

kitsunelady
          Participant

Did you all see the new Sun dragon up for sale? :0 The color looks a little funny on him (compared to the SK or the coiled mom), but I kinda like it. XD

BDW
            Participant

O.O……….. Gorgeous! *needs to avoid this thread but keeps coming back….*

twindragonsmum
              Participant

I really like this color combination!

tdm

😯 Wow…just can’t stop drooling… πŸ˜†

Don’t have a chance, but I’m definitely adding him to my collection of gorgeous and unattainable Windstone photos on my pc!

I have to say I don’t like the jade and silver combo. If nothing else, I think Olimpia should have brought some more jade onto the thighs of the dragon’s back legs.
                But it’s all a matter of taste anyway…

Greater Basilisk wrote:

I have to say I don’t like the jade and silver combo. If nothing else, I think Olimpia should have brought some more jade onto the thighs of the dragon’s back legs.
                But it’s all a matter of taste anyway…

You’re allowed to not like it, I didn’t like that brown OW, I won’t say what that color reminded me of 😯

πŸ˜† Thanks a lot, Dragon87.

Adaneth wrote:

pegasi1978 wrote:

WindstoneCollector wrote:

I agree with Kujacker though, I don’t like those Pegasus painted like that. Straight black wouldn’t be bad, like the white ones, but bleh on those “horse breed” themes. But, that is ok that I don’t like them. I really don’t collect the Pegasus anyway. I have the original family, and at times I debate on getting rid of it in favor of making more room for the others I like more. 😳

See I like seeing some of the other “horse breeds” represented on the pegasus and unicorns, but the wings are just too plain on the pegasus after seeing all the beautiful griffin wings.

I’m with you, pegasi. I wanted to like him, but the ‘tacked-on’ white wings put me off. I’ve love to see more variety, like with the wings on the griffins. πŸ™‚

I think we equine enthusiasts are agreeing on the same point. I know I mentioned it in the other auction thread when Ms. Melody first posted the test paint equines in the Gallery. Here’s my :squeak: for more depth on the wings of the Pegasi sculptures. πŸ˜‰

And while I’m here, was it anyone on the forums that won the Blood Bay Baby Pegasus? The EvilBay account name was chadsamb.

I knowDDVM managed to win the Bay Mother Pegasus. DDVM do you mind PMing me with the price you paid? I created a spreedsheet for the LP equines and am missing that tidbit of information. Muchos gracias 😎

I would but my memory isn’t what it used to be – I’ll see if I can find it.

I meant to bid on the baby so mom and baby would be together but I got distracted at work and missed the end of the auction. Such is life!

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 660 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.