fbpx

Windstone Tattoos!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Windstone Tattoos!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    lamortefille
    Participant

Jennifer wrote:

lamortefille wrote:

Just for the record, I did ask Miss Melody for permission first and the flash was destroyed after it was finished. I would love one done of Jen’s work. I have the piece in mind, too. Getting Jen’s permission would probably be the easiest part. If she said yes, I would have to decide where to put it. Then, I would have to whine, cajole, beg, etc., my guy to do it. He is a rough tough biker type and winged cats just go against his grain. 😆

As for the “ouch” factor, it totally depends on where you have the tattoo placed on your body. More fat = less pain. My finger tattoo was the worst…it is small, but felt like it took forever. Mel’s cat was a piece of cake. Dang it, all this talk and now I want more ink. 🙂

You and anyone are welcome to use my work for personal tattoos– quite honestly I am flattered and honored! All I ask is the same that Melody asks– that the flash is destroyed (or, taken home with you). All I am wanting to prevent is the tattoo artist keeping it as ‘house flash’ or worse yet (and YES people do this!) .. sell it as flash to other tattoo shops. So, as long as the art is going on you and the tattoo shop/artist does not keep it, it’s cool with me!

YAY! Thank you!! Now on to the next two problems. 😀

Jennifer wrote:

Actually I’d love photos too!
      I really like tattoos. I have one myself and hope to get a full set of wings on my back someday when I can afford it. It’s cliche I know, but who cares if it’s cliche if it has special lifelong meaning right? XD

Exactly….other people can think whatever they like, as long as you like it.

Katherine
      Participant

I plan on getting Jen’s hippocampus on me someday (I received her permission a LONG time ago!) and a carousel unicorn, and something to commemorate my daughter. 🙂

eaglefeather831 wrote:

I plan on getting Jen’s hippocampus on me someday (I received her permission a LONG time ago!) and a carousel unicorn, and something to commemorate my daughter. 🙂

Ooo, her hippocampus is so cool looking! I can see you rocking that… 😉

Man all this talk makes me not able to wait until May 27th to get more work on my Jen griffin….. 😈

lamortefille
        Participant

Crimson Vision wrote:

lamortefille wrote:

Thank you, Crimson! What do you want to get? Please share photos when you get yours. 😀

Well one of my artist friends (not the tatoo artist, just a friend that can draw on the computer) just finalized the design for me today actually!

It’s the crown that I wore while I was Queen for our medieval reenactment group (SCA.org) and then a tudor rose edited a bit to have the Black Star in the center which is the symbol for our kingdom. This would be my 4th tattoo… well technically my 5th but I actually had the tattoo that was where this one is going removed. (Loooong story) It’s going on my left arm.

This is really cool, Crimson and has a lot of special meaning. 😀 I have nothing against people going in and picking flash off of the wall, but I think it’s very interesting to see/talk about unique tattoos. I think they represent times or stages in your life. I got my first one in 1988. It’s a tiny skull about the size of a dime. 22 years ago, I was really spreading my wings, as it were. lol

Was it more painful to have it done to begin with or have it removed? I have cover-ups, but haven’t had any removed.

Ladies, pix please of your tats when they are done!

Jennifer wrote:

You and anyone are welcome to use my work for personal tattoos– quite honestly I am flattered and honored! All I ask is the same that Melody asks– that the flash is destroyed (or, taken home with you). All I am wanting to prevent is the tattoo artist keeping it as ‘house flash’ or worse yet (and YES people do this!) .. sell it as flash to other tattoo shops. So, as long as the art is going on you and the tattoo shop/artist does not keep it, it’s cool with me!

Hey Jennifer, where can I find yours and Melody’s art? I would like a dragon for my 18th in October and it would be twice as cool if it came from a great artist and incorporated a love of mine. 🙂

DragonCat wrote:

Jennifer wrote:

Hey Jennifer, where can I find yours and Melody’s art? I would like a dragon for my 18th in October and it would be twice as cool if it came from a great artist and incorporated a love of mine. 🙂

Jen’s is at Featherdust Studios (click me!!!). Not sure about Melody’s…. :scratch:

Nice ink, ladies!
          I’ve been thinking of getting another one done for a while now, but haven’t had the inspiration for the design hit me yet. I have one on my right calf that was my own artwork–an Arabian horse head (shaded) in a horseshoe shaped wreath of pink and blue morning glory vines– and had lit the match to burn the flash at the studio the night my tat was done.
          It didn’t hurt really at all; I’ve had sunburns that hurt worse. 😀

Wasn’t there a thread on forum member’s tattoos a while back?

Duld
          Participant

I intend to get a tattoo when I deserve a reward (working on the lines to deserve that), I would never get a flash tattoo (no harm meant in my words but… those are for drones that are crying out for recognition by picking the same thing as every one has), just don’t know what to get and where…

LadyFirebird
            Participant

My plans were to get a tattoo sometime this year. My neighbor’s daughter and I were going to make a date and head down to the parlor. Well, losing my job I couldn’t justify funds for a tattoo right now. Oh well, someday, maybe some day. I could see myself sometime after I retire scooting in some tattoo parlor and telling the artist ‘I want it right there, sonny!’ and pointing to my behind! 😆 Hey, I’ll always have my sense of humor!!!

Angie
              Participant

Jennifer wrote:

I really like tattoos. I have one myself and hope to get a full set of wings on my back someday when I can afford it. It’s cliche I know, but who cares if it’s cliche if it has special lifelong meaning right? XD

Hey, I have a set of wings on my back! I always say, if you like it, then that’s what matters…don’t let other people stop you! Heck, I’d like to get a lower back tattoo someday, too, despite the reputation of that particular spot..

pipsxlch
                Participant

I remember a thread about people’s tattoos, yes. Not Windstone-specific ones, just any.
                  Hah, LadyFirebird, years ago I was given a small gift certificate for a tattoo, and couldn’t afford then to beef it up. So I got a small flash one- a pair of lips on the top of my fanny, so the whole world can kiss it.
                  I have 3, but no Windstone ones. I’d like one, though. My others are a dragon I drew (not Windstone inspired, it’s actually a fire lizard on my shoulder) and a portrait of my old heart dog Pip.

LadyFirebird
                  Participant

XD at pipsxlch! The lips–oh the lips!!! I love it. Whenever someone gives you grief all you have to do is turn around and life your top and show them the lips! XD XD

PurpleTurtle
                    Participant

I don’t have any tattoos yet, but I intend to get a tattoo of my favorite kitty – Beast. I want him to have wings to, kinda like windstone’s Flap Cats 😉 .

Crimson Vision
                      Participant

My friend did another Windstone tattoo (on the same lady who had the other one):

lamortefille
                        Participant

Wow, that cat is awesome! Love it!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.