fbpx

Windstone Packing Tutorial

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Windstone Packing Tutorial

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Pegasi1978
    Participant

Oh 2-medusas, wow I’m sorry for your broken pieces. On the griffin I just got he actually had a box that was quite roomy for him and it had a bunch of packing peanuts. I gently shook the box when I noticed one corner was smashed in, but didn’t hear anything shift so I hoped for the best. He was fine until I unearthed his feet. They just didn’t have enough bubble-wrap wrapped around them. At least the bubble wrap kept most of the pieces together so I could bag them. I finally pulled out all the packing peanuts and only found a few chips at the bottom of the box.

Here are pictures from my Black Griffin mishap. I don’t have any pictures of him in the box because I didn’t think to grab my camera at that time. I don’t want to put him back in all those peanuts and have his feet take even more of a beating. The bubble wrap you see is two pieces that total 4 feet – just enough for once around in each direction.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b235/pegasi1978/windstone/blackgriffin.jpg
      http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b235/pegasi1978/windstone/blackgriffinwithbox.jpg
      http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b235/pegasi1978/windstone/blackgriffinbox.jpg
      http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b235/pegasi1978/windstone/blackgriffinfeet.jpg
      http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b235/pegasi1978/windstone/blackgriffinpieces.jpg

Tiffany
      Participant

oh my gosh medusas! i ‘m so sorry! eep! i literally gasped a big GASP out loud when i saw the hobbled flion! how freekin’ awful! a sin to have that happen to any windstone, but especially an older and valuable one!! wahhhhhh! ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

Participant

SPark wrote:

Once it’s written up, I have lots of webspace, I’d be happy to make it into a web page that people can easily link to and host it on my site.

Thank you for the offer and I will gladly accept! ๐Ÿ˜€

Is a word document enough or do you need the URLs of the pics as well? I have only worked on a web page via a CMS (Content Management System), so I’m not sure what format you would need. My HTML coding is almost non-existent.

Let me know.

Nina
          Participant

gryphondreamer wrote:

i also think it is a great idea. there is only one windstone guide on ebay. i think someone on the forum wrote it. and it only helps with buying, not shipping.

LOL I wrote that guide! I think a packing guide would be a great idea! Let me know if I can help.

enchantments wrote:

gryphondreamer wrote:

i also think it is a great idea. there is only one windstone guide on ebay. i think someone on the forum wrote it. and it only helps with buying, not shipping.

LOL I wrote that guide! I think a packing guide would be a great idea! Let me know if I can help.

see. i knew it was a forum member. ๐Ÿ˜€

on the images with the boxes, you should block out both the sender and receiver addresses.

SPark
            Participant

SilverArrow wrote:

SPark wrote:

Once it’s written up, I have lots of webspace, I’d be happy to make it into a web page that people can easily link to and host it on my site.

Thank you for the offer and I will gladly accept! ๐Ÿ˜€

Is a word document enough or do you need the URLs of the pics as well? I have only worked on a web page via a CMS (Content Management System), so I’m not sure what format you would need. My HTML coding is almost non-existent.

Let me know.

What would probably work best would be for me to have actual copies of the pictures themselves, then I can host the pics on my site as well. That way we won’t have to worry about somebody’s photobucket expiring and taking the pics down.

Maria
              Participant

2-Medusas, that’s awful. ๐Ÿ™ What did you do with those damaged pieces?

Here’s the pic of my uni with its box.

And the closeup link:
                http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n195/Greater_Basilisk/Windstone%20collection/Unicorn002.jpg

Thanks for the sympathies! I was surprised to see that so many collectors have had the same problems, sympathy and hugs all around.

The Flion was sent back and the Seller refunded my money. She was actually quite upset about it, I can’t say that for the other Sellers. I put the Mama Unicorn in my collection anyway, hey we all have some infirmity! She is the only damaged piece on display. The little egg guys are stored in a box around here somewhere. Along with a Mama Peacock dragon that survived shipping OK however the extent of her damage had not been disclosed by the Seller. That was not a fun experience. Oh yeah, and my ever lovin cats managed to take the head off of my Coiled Peacock dragon. I never did find the head and the cats have been banished from that room.

Pegasi1978
                Participant

Broken Windstones happen more often thatn forum members like. The griffin isn’t the only US Post Office casulty I have.

I had a black male unicorn come with his horn off and his tail shattered (box wasn’t quite big enough, nor enough packing materials) and I also had a white young unicorn come decapitated (he shared a box with a white mother unicorn and there wasn’t enough packing peanuts). The sellers on those pieces refunded money and I kept them, repairing them the best I could.

The young unicorn was easy because it was a nice clean break with only the two pieces. The male unicorn is a different story. He had a chunk of his ankle missing so my dad and I filled the gap with plaster of paris. His pieces didn’t glue together perfectly, but I call those his battle scars.

Maria
                  Participant

They destroyed your coiled peacock? Don’t they know what that thing is worth? ๐Ÿ˜• Sorry, Medusa.

Greater Basilisk wrote:

They destroyed your coiled peacock? Don’t they know what that thing is worth? ๐Ÿ˜• Sorry, Medusa.

It’s not anymore! ๐Ÿ™ Thank you
                    To be fair it was partly my fault. We had just moved into this house and I just wanted to put a few of the WE out so the place felt like home. I had not yet “Cat Proofed” the room. Now they no longer have access to that room. The thing that bugged me the most was that I never found any of the broken pieces, none, no chips, chunks, dust, nothing, just the poor little dragon with her head off. Cats are strange.

littleironhorse
                    Participant

2-medusas wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

It’s not anymore! ๐Ÿ™ Thank you
                      To be fair it was partly my fault. We had just moved into this house and I just wanted to put a few of the WE out so the place felt like home. I had not yet “Cat Proofed” the room. Now they no longer have access to that room. The thing that bugged me the most was that I never found any of the broken pieces, none, no chips, chunks, dust, nothing, just the poor little dragon with her head off. Cats are strange.

Medusa, you will no doubt find this strange, but it seems that cats like the taste of Windstones.

I’m not kidding you, I don’t remember if it was discussed here or on the livejournal, but Melody’s cats did in fact eat some of the dragons noses!

Chessie posted pictures. Maybe that’s what happened to your dragon…

Edited: Found the thread:
                      http://www.windstoneeditions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=158

Maria
                      Participant

They like Windstones in particular or gypsum in general? Maybe it’s like a catnip thing? I dunno what cats like…

Medusa, you will no doubt find this strange, but it seems that cats like the taste of Windstones.

I’m not kidding you, I don’t remember if it was discussed here or on the livejournal, but Melody’s cats did in fact eat some of the dragons noses!

Chessie posted pictures. Maybe that’s what happened to your dragon…

Edited: Found the thread:
                        http://www.windstoneeditions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=158

๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Good Grief! Yuck! so they probably did eat the poor thing and I was not losing my mind. At least on that day! Thanks so much for the info!! Once again–Cats are strange!!

Jennifer
                        Keymaster

Yes, they have a collection of Windstones that cats have eaten parts off of. Many collectors report this as well. ‘Our’ cat tried to eat the eartufts off of my husband’s black griffin!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                          My art: featherdust.com

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 64 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.