fbpx

Windstone Ebay Auctions CLOSED!~ July 28

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Windstone Ebay Auctions CLOSED!~ July 28

Viewing 15 posts - 1,321 through 1,335 (of 1,494 total)
  • Author
    Skigod377
    Participant

Good luck Fern!

LadyFirebird
      Participant

Hey DM, Ski–it did blow me away when I saw this. My name is so uncommon and is associated more with a color. I had another forum member who told me I should go for it–when will you find another thing painted by Melody and given your name?! I certainly hope it can work out that way! Thanks folks! 😀

Fern.. what a cool name! Is that your full name or is it short for something else? I would totally go for that kitty….. I LOVE grey cats. But, I think I’ve filled my quota for stray cats for a looooong time 😳

Pam

I wanted to name her fungus, but Melody wouldn’t let me.

Participant

Pam Thompson wrote:

Just curious, how does Melody (and gang) come up with the names?

Pegasi1978
            Participant

Good luck getting Fern, Fern! I don’t ever expect to see anything with my name (and I don’t have a middle name either).

siberakh1
              Participant

Same here. My name is too uncommon and often spelled in alternative ways when it does pop up.

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

I sort of liked that my name was very uncommon although I’m sure if it didn’t get changed I would have been teased… although…I still got teased even with the name I have now. Bah…. I wish my mom kept my original name now that I’m grown. ROFL!

Got a busted Windstone?
                  drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin
                  Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                  Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                  Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                  Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                  Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                  Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Pam

SilverArrow wrote:

Pam Thompson wrote:

Just curious, how does Melody (and gang) come up with the names?

Mostly by fighting over it. Last one standing is the winner.

drag0nfeathers wrote:

I sort of liked that my name was very uncommon although I’m sure if it didn’t get changed I would have been teased… although…I still got teased even with the name I have now. Bah…. I wish my mom kept my original name now that I’m grown. ROFL!

your mom changed your name?? what was it originally??

drag0nfeathers
                    Participant

daydreamer wrote:

drag0nfeathers wrote:

your mom changed your name?? what was it originally??

😳 Well I was the only baby she had drugs with when she went into labor so she wasn’t all there when signing the birth certificate came around. I guess she just decided to change my name a couple of weeks after I was born, but never did it legally. At least not all the way….(yea, that’s my mom for ya) She was REALLY into Clash of the Titans so she named me after the princess in the movie. (Can you guess?) 😆

My name now isn’t too far of a streach from what it was. Now instead of Andy for short it’s Mandy 😆

I don’t know how it happened, but somehow had two names and two social security numbers until I went to get my worker’s permit when I was 15 and ran into all sorts of problems.

Got a busted Windstone?
                      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                      Siphlophis Male Dragon
                      Calypso Hatching Empress
                      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                      Tattoo Mother Kirin
                      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

how incredibly interesting!! i wish i had the nerve to change my daughter’s name. at the time i was trying to appease my husband with our name choice but i didnt like it. now i wish i had put my foot down. to make it worse, its the number 1 popular name… and thats soooo not my style.

LadyFirebird
                      Participant

daydreamer wrote:

Fern.. what a cool name! Is that your full name or is it short for something else? I would totally go for that kitty….. I LOVE grey cats. But, I think I’ve filled my quota for stray cats for a looooong time 😳

Nope–that’s my full name. A lot of people ask if it is short for something because I guess it seems too short. It was a popular name at the turn of the 19th century because I have met up with ladies in their late 80s and 90s who have the name. I’ve had people call me Fran, Vern, Fawn–I guess it is so simple it boggles peoples mind! 😀

Now if Pam had her way and they ended up naming this kitty fungus–I probably wouldn’t have bothered 😆 I can see Melody now going through the forum register and naming kitties after us so we’ll go after them. Hey, it worked with me!!! XD

Heather
                        Participant

The new Zebra Finch Griffin is unbelievably striking. The warm browns and reds are absolutely gorgeous. Love it!

LavenderStarfish wrote:

The new Zebra Finch Griffin is unbelievably striking. The warm browns and reds are absolutely gorgeous. Love it!

From DragonCat’s “Toucans and Stars” post under “Ask Melody”:

Melody wrote:

Zephyr wrote:

I’ve been thinking the same thing too about the griffins. For instance, I’d love to see their beaks painted in more colors. I wonder how a Zebra Finch griffin chick would look… :scratch:

I like zebra finches. I used to have a big flock of them. That would make a nice griffin pattern!

Melody must have really liked my idea as she apparently decided to use it .. I can’t believe it!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,321 through 1,335 (of 1,494 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.