fbpx

Windstone Ebay Auctions CLOSED!~ July 28

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Windstone Ebay Auctions CLOSED!~ July 28

Viewing 15 posts - 1,006 through 1,020 (of 1,494 total)
  • Author
    LadyFirebird
    Participant

Jennifer wrote:

That rising spectral is gorgeous. If only I could win the lotto…!!

I know the feeling!! 😥

wow…. that spectral would look so nice on my shelf XD yeah.. in my dreams!

Nicole
      Participant

he’s already up quite a bit more than the other ebay pieces have been going for this early on… he’s going to be a heart breaker 😀

Dragonlairqueen
        Participant

Oh MAN! He’s just breathtaking! I’ve been (trying) to save money for a piece that’s out there, but only gets put up once or twice a year, but this is going to be so hard to bid on and lose…. 🙄

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! MY FAVORITE sculpt and FINALLY in Autumn Leaf and it’s an OOAK! 🙄

*cries* I am going to have a very sad week because there is no way in hell I can win him. 😥

Got a busted Windstone?
            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
            Tattoo Mother Kirin
            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

kitsunelady
            Participant

Well…maybe it only says OOAK because it’s got that ruby paint that bleeds in it, and they don’t use that any more. Perhaps Melody will do variations on Autumn Leaf for the riser, like she did with the OWs. <.<;

PurpleTurtle
              Participant

LadyFirebird wrote:

Jennifer wrote:

That rising spectral is gorgeous. If only I could win the lotto…!!

I know the feeling!! 😥
                Ditto 😥 . I had a little heart-attack when I saw him. So beautiful.
                Here’s to hoping a similar version of Autumn Leaf will be available to the general ( or rather the financially challenged) public some time in the future.

Pam

I asked Melody about making this a test paint, but she wanted it as OOAK since it’s the “original” AL (painted at the same time as the OOAK AL Old Warrior). The Limited Production AL scheme on the curls does look completely different–the colors are brighter and in reverse. If a spectral was painted like that it wouldn’t look hardly anything like the one that is on eBay now, I don’t think.
                  Personally, I don’t think the new AL version looks very much like an autumn leaf though. Too much green.

Oh, and we may be relisting the AL SK sometime in the future. If we do, she will be renamed an OOAK since she is also one of the original AL dragons. We called her a test paint the first time, but she should really be OOAK since she goes with the OOAK AL Spectral and OW and was also painted the same time as they were.

kitsunelady
                  Participant

*sniffs* I agree. e.e I didn’t buy one of the AL curlies, but I think the colors on this spectral are delicious. :} It’s too bad the reds fade. Given the choice, I’d rather keep my dragon out of sunlight than do without red. >.>

There were a few AL variation OWs that I thought were pretty though…MG got the one I liked best. =) Dunno what number it was…

PurpleTurtle
                    Participant

I have to agree. I love my Autumn Leaf curlie – but he does have a lot of green on him. He’s a ittt-bitty sculpt, so it still works, but I get a little worried when your translate that same color scheme to a larger sculpt. I’m hoping the amount of green is toned-down. And don’t get me wrong, I really would love to see some other dragons done in that color. But if this was la-la land and I was able to have a choice – I’d choose the original color scheme. It just sucks that the ruby paint is so unstable 🙁 . I really do think the ruby color is the ‘magic’ bullet that made the OOAK pieces work so well..

Pam

kitsunelady wrote:

*sniffs* I agree. e.e I didn’t buy one of the AL curlies, but I think the colors on this spectral are delicious. :} It’s too bad the reds fade. Given the choice, I’d rather keep my dragon out of sunlight than do without red. >.>

There were a few AL variation OWs that I thought were pretty though…MG got the one I liked best. =) Dunno what number it was…

The fading wasn’t the main problem, it was the “bleeding” that was (the RF color also fades).

In case anyone someone hasn’t seen him yet, here is the OOAK AL OW:

kitsunelady
                        Participant

Ooh yeah, the bleeding…what about the other version of Ruby? The ‘stable’ version, as some people call it? Did that bleed?

Pam

No, the stable version did not bleed.
                            However, when Melody tried to paint RF dragons here, the paint did bleed. Maybe the wrong red paint or clearcoat was used, I don’t know.
                            Melody says RF is retired now because she doesn’t want to mess with it anymore — I think she should have given it at least one more chance.
                            😥

Skigod377
                            Participant

That spectral is the loveliest I have seen. Wow. My hubby didnt seem to appreciate it and almost had a heart attack when I told him I thought it would go above $1000. 😆

Pegasi1978
                              Participant

Love the blanket baby appaloosa up right now!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,006 through 1,020 (of 1,494 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.