fbpx

Windstone Ebay Auctions CLOSED!~ July 28

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Windstone Ebay Auctions CLOSED!~ July 28

Viewing 15 posts - 961 through 975 (of 1,494 total)
  • Author
    Skigod377
    Participant

aharttsx wrote:

ooooh man i wish i could get that chick! i love the color, markings, eyes, everything!

As we have said before: “What else is combat pay good for?” DO IT!! Hahaha!

kitsunelady
      Participant
        Pegasi1978
        Participant

I’m sorry, but to me that pegasus has too much brown to be called grey.

Purplecat
          Participant

I agree about the hoofer…but I do love that kitty. I really like the round shape of that sculpt, I wish they were production.

Adaneth
            Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

My thought as well. 🙁 I got excited by the auction title and disappointed by the photos. Wings are lovely, though.

Pegasi1978
              Participant

Adaneth wrote:

pegasi1978 wrote:

My thought as well. 🙁 I got excited by the auction title and disappointed by the photos. Wings are lovely, though.

Exactly. Especially since I’ve been squeek* for a dapple grey pegasus for a while now.

lamortefille
                Participant

purplecat wrote:

…but I do love that kitty. I really like the round shape of that sculpt, I wish they were production.

Ditto!

Thrippa
                  Participant

A lot of dapple greys are that color because there aren’t really that many truly black horses out there. Most people would probably call her a dappled rose grey, though. I think she’s beautiful.

Participant

I like Melody’s dappling technique better on this one than the last palomino unicorn. Each piece seems to be getting better and better.

Nicole
                      Participant

That pegasus would definitely still be considered a grey. My arab is similar in color to that pegasus now, minus the dappling. A horse is considered grey if their hair slowly looses the pigment (regardless if they start out bay or black) and turns white. My baby started out bay and now she is a lovely rose grey, eventually she will be white(but still considered grey). Grey is my favorite color on horses 🙂 . I think that mother looks very pretty, I will be keeping my eye on that auction 😀

kitsunelady
                        Participant

SilverArrow wrote:

I like Melody’s dappling technique better on this one than the last palomino unicorn. Each piece seems to be getting better and better.

I second that. =D It looks great. I hope she does more dappled hoofers!

Stephanie
                          Participant

Dapple Rose Gray maybe???

Melody
                            Keymaster

pegasi1978 wrote:

Isn’t this a color they call “rose grey”?
                              Not sure what rose grey is, exactly..
                              It looks just like one of our neighbor’s horses. He was reddish brown and turned grey. For a year or two he looked like this, then he turned nearly pure white. I wouldn’t call it literally “grey” either, but that is a term that just refers to the “grey” factor in horse color genetics.

Andrea
                              Participant

Melody is correct.
                                Horses are born bay, black, buckskin, palomino and then will slowly lose the pigment.
                                In horse color the confusion usually comes when one person is talking phenotype and another is talking genotype. Though in horses… The pegasus phenotypically looks like a bay going grey. Rose grey is a pheontype name…
                                **Now back to your regularly scheduled program** 😀

pipsxlch
                                Participant

Yep to above. 🙂
                                  The peg looks like a lovely rose grey/bay turning grey to me. It’s very common in my breed (Arabian);/
                                  one of our current mares ‘Koci’ looked like this for years. She was born bay. (grey and white horses are always born a solid color such as bay, black, chestnut etc. and turn white. Some will grey very quickly and be almost white by the time they’re a year old; some will grey very slowly and still not have much more than a white face and some greying on the limbs as they hit their 20’s) Not all will show the dappling; some will end up ‘flea bitten’ (Koci is), which means they retain flecks of their original color throughout their coat; some will have a ‘bloody shoulder’, where they retain a splash of color usually around the withers. They always start to grey from the face; you can look at a new baby (who will be a ‘regular’ color) around the eyes. If it will grey, there will be white hairs scattered there, especially when the newborn fuzz starts to shed. It’s a simple dominant gene, one parent at least must be grey for the baby to grey. Babies that will grey are also often darker/duskier in tone than their non-greying siblings.
                                  Ski might like the rose greys that start as bright chestnuts- they can look almost pink!

P.S. Sorry for the long lesson. And there are some very rare horses that are born white- they don’t have normal pigment; they have pink skin and blue eyes. Cremellos and perlinos (both extreme dilutions) can look white to the uneducated eye also, and are born what they are. But so much for Breyer- you won’t have grey young foals, unless your ‘grey’ is really a roan.

Viewing 15 posts - 961 through 975 (of 1,494 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.