fbpx

Windstone Ebay Auctions CLOSED!~ July 28

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Windstone Ebay Auctions CLOSED!~ July 28

Viewing 15 posts - 781 through 795 (of 1,494 total)
  • Author

OMG!!! I just about passed out! What makes me sad is that I don’t see “Test paint” in the title. 🙁 But I love that Oriental!

Adaneth
    Participant

Pam Thompson wrote:

Melody will probably be painting one of those next.
      The rocky mountain and black forest horses are a color called “silver dapple” (a color that ironically does not require dapples).
      “Flaxen Liver Chestnut” is a different color from silver dapple, but I think silver dapple is much prettier!

Don’t get me so excited over here! 😆 I LOVE those ‘silver dapple’ Rocky Mountain horses! 😀 I’ve an ongoing ‘crush’ on Joe Banjo! 😆

Pam

WindstoneCollector wrote:

OMG!!! I just about passed out! What makes me sad is that I don’t see “Test paint” in the title. 🙁 But I love that Oriental!

I usually don’t have enough room to put test paint in the title. Its in the description though.
        99% of what Melody paints for ebay are “test paints”.

Stephanie
        Participant

I usually do not like the oriental’s but I love that Oriental! LOVE IT!

Bob

Serenity wrote:

Well then why don’t you marry it?? 😆 😆

Sorry, forgive me as I digress to 10 year old mentality 😈 😈 😛 😛

Skigod377
            Participant

I cant wait to see more blanket appys. That male went for a nice price. I want a female appy uni to keep my male gruella company but am not fond of liver. 😀

Anonymous

Dragon Master wrote:

Serenity wrote:

LOL
                Now, THAT made me laugh! Thank you very much!! haha!

and oh yeah………the Oriental is Oriawesome!

Stephanie
                Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

Serenity wrote:

Cos I am already married…. 😛

Dragon Master wrote:

Serenity wrote:

I would if it was allowed!!! XD XD J/k but I do love it too!

Pam Thompson wrote:

WindstoneCollector wrote:

I usually don’t have enough room to put test paint in the title. Its in the description though.
                  99% of what Melody paints for ebay are “test paints”.
                  Oh…Sorry Pam…I didn’t go read the description, I am trying my best to stay away from ebay right now. It’s addictive, and I haven’t got money to be on there! 😳 Thank you though! ^.^

BDW
                  Participant
                    Lupin
                    Participant

Pam Thompson wrote:

The rocky mountain and black forest horses are a color called “silver dapple” (a color that ironically does not require dapples).
                      “Flaxen Liver Chestnut” is a different color from silver dapple, but I think silver dapple is much prettier!

Interesting. Since all the information I’ve been able to find on them says they’re a Dark Chestnut with Flaxen mane & with some Sorrels. Though one of the breeders sites I’ve looked at says there’s 1 family line each of Grey & of Bays. We’re thinking about whether these would be a good Draft breed fit for us. Especially 3 years ago when we were thinking about moving to Montreal, & I would then look at maybe being one of the Horse-Drawn Carriage drivers that they have there. Figured these guys would be Beautiful in that line of work, especially with a complimenting carriage.
                      Though being “Silver Dapples” does explain this Guy…

Pam

I thought black forest horses were Silver dapple. Google is giving me conflicting answers, and some places say they can be both colors!
                        I know RM horses are usually Silver dapples, but can be other colors too.

Andrea
                        Participant

Lupin wrote:

Pam Thompson wrote:

Interesting. Since all the information I’ve been able to find on them says they’re a Dark Chestnut with Flaxen mane & with some Sorrels. Though one of the breeders sites I’ve looked at says there’s 1 family line each of Grey & of Bays. We’re thinking about whether these would be a good Draft breed fit for us. Especially 3 years ago when we were thinking about moving to Montreal, & I would then look at maybe being one of the Horse-Drawn Carriage drivers that they have there. Figured these guys would be Beautiful in that line of work, especially with a complimenting carriage.

The Black Forest Horses are chestnut with flaxen genetically. Since the silver gene doesn’t show on red based horses they could carry it but it wouldn’t show. Rocky Mountain horses do carry the silver gene and gives the black horses the silvery mane and tail and sometimes have obvious dapples. The silver gene dilutes the black on a bay horse and gives it a stunning effect. It’s my favorite silver expression!
                          Phenotypically both silver and flaxen can look the same but are caused by different genes. There are some sneaky palominos that will mimic a silver horse as well.
                          Sorry to be so long winded, but I love talking color! *Now back to your regularly scheduled program!* 😀

Lupin
                          Participant

Thanks Pam, & no worries, I could very well have had my Info wrong as well! & I was serious about that being Interesting, to me it was/is.

& Thanks Phoenix!! Now I know a bit more.

Tyrrlin
                            Participant

Lupin wrote:

Pam Thompson wrote:

Gorgeous pic! I bet that mane can be trimmed to make a lot of violin bows! 😀

Windstone collector in remission. 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 781 through 795 (of 1,494 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.