fbpx

Will my life ever turn for the better?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Will my life ever turn for the better?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    BDW
    Participant

BDW
      Participant

πŸ™„ I have to apply for a low rental.
        The landlady here is in deep s**t and she will end up bringing me down with her.
        She’s telling me (not asking) to commit perjury, something I’m not willing to do.
        This is serious since there is a lawyer involved. :shout:
        She applied for a permit but didn’t wait ythe 3 months it took to get it before building her barn and then the addition on the house. Now the municipality is on her back for everything she did wrong and they also hired a lawyer. Now she wants to tell them that we all live together and I’m supposed to go along with it. And this is after last year she told them I was renting from her.
        They told her that my appartment can not have more then 25% of the surface. I have 26%. She ended up putting two seperate doors to block my access to the two bedroom to make it look like I’m renting a bachelor, I was all for that. But she changed her mind and she’s going ahead with us living in a commune way (all together).
        These problems have been going on for a year but this only came out for the second time last week.

Maria
        Participant

Ugh, the bureaucrats are raising a fuss over 1% of the building’s living space? I wish you could finally catch a break. Lots of hugs, BDW, and try not to let it get you down.

Elena
          Participant

Aww crud. I’m sorry you’re having to go through this after everything else… πŸ™

I would say what ever you do, do not back her up on this. It would mean it could end badly for you (since you would have been the person who ‘lied’ and she could always claime she never told you too. She sounds like she would do something like that). This is her screw up, let her deal with it. I think that the county is probably going after her for the whole not waiting for a permit and are just tacking on the 26% thing as a bonus. I’ve never heard of them nitpicking over 1% (which adds up to what a few extra feet?) of space. Legally, I don’t think they can do anything to you as long as you are a renter (they can’t in Calgary if you are renting an ‘illegal’ secondary suite, you just loose your home, it’s the landlord who gets the fines). They can however if you are a ‘part owner’ which is what it sounds like she wants you to say.
            I would advise (and I know this is the absolute last thing you want to think about) that you start looking for another place and don’t tell her.
            cyber hugs

I’m so sorry you have to deal with this but I admire the fact that you are not willing to compromise your values. Don’t perjure yourself for her – like foxfeather said it can only end badly for you. Hopefully karma will kick in and she will get what is coming to her. And hopefully all the good karma you have accumulated will also kick in for you and your life will get better! πŸ˜€ I have my fingers crossed for you and am sending good thoughts your way. *hugs*

darjeb
            Participant

I am sorry to hear that BDW it seems like eveytime you think things are gettin better somebody kicks you.

Kujacker
              Participant

All I can say is don’t go along with her. Don’t lie for her. If she’s done something wrong, it’s on her. She shouldn’t be dragging you into it shows what kind of people are out there. And if lawyers and courts are involved, lying is the worst thing you could do.

BDW
                Participant

Thanks guys.
                  She’s still going ahead with her story. She told me the lawyer won’t talk to me. So she’s safe….

Like if things were not bad enough I lost my cell today while I was getting in the car it fell out of my pocket. I tried to call myself and it’s the message that goes on right away no ringing. That means that someone is using it as we speak! I called Bell and got them to suspend my nomber but problem is from 1PM to 6Pm I’m still responsible for any calls that was made from that phone and my limit is 56 minutes per month! Anything over that I get charged full price! πŸ™„ πŸ™ πŸ™„ πŸ˜₯ FUCK!
                  What next! :spank:

Rachel
                  Participant

Blackdesertwind wrote:

Thanks guys.
                    She’s still going ahead with her story. She told me the lawyer won’t talk to me. So she’s safe….

Like if things were not bad enough I lost my cell today while I was getting in the car it fell out of my pocket. I tried to call myself and it’s the message that goes on right away no ringing. That means that someone is using it as we speak! I called Bell and got them to suspend my nomber but problem is from 1PM to 6Pm I’m still responsible for any calls that was made from that phone and my limit is 56 minutes per month! Anything over that I get charged full price! πŸ™„ πŸ™ πŸ™„ πŸ˜₯ SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS!
                    What next! :spank:

Call the lawyer yourself. Do NOT let her run the show. I’m not sure how it would work in Canada, but I doubt you could be held liable for something you didn’t say. However, you now know what she plans to say, so if you don’t intervene, it could be like accepting her story.
                    As far as the phone…maybe you left it turned off, so it went to voicemail. I hope so. πŸ™

Elena
                    Participant

ghostndragon wrote:

Blackdesertwind wrote:

[=#00FF00]Thanks guys.

Call the lawyer yourself. Do NOT let her run the show. I’m not sure how it would work in Canada, but I doubt you could be held liable for something you didn’t say. However, you now know what she plans to say, so if you don’t intervene, it could be like accepting her story.
                      As far as the phone…maybe you left it turned off, so it went to voicemail. I hope so. πŸ™

YES! Call the county and/or the lawyer yourself. It’s better to cover your own butt than take the chance. It sounds like she’s already told them what she wants, and is counting on the fact that you won’t call, therefore she has someone to blame if things don’t work out. At this point I wouldn’t accept anything she told me.

Jerusha
                      Participant

I’m with Foxfeather on this one. Sounds like she thought she’d get a better deal (tax breaks or what have you) if she listed you as a renter a while back. Now, since it sounds like an extra 1% of footage and not waiting to get a permit are NOT the biggest issues (your first post mentioned she’s being held liable for “everything she did wrong”… sounds like maybe some building codes were violated?!?), there’s probably other stuff you might not be aware of going on. She might not be trying to push some penalties off on you as a purported co-owner, (Then again, she might). But, she might be trying to dodge some extra fines involving putting her tenant/s at risk due to living in or on property that is not up to code. Even if she thinks you can escape unscathed no matter what you are (renter vs. co-owner), it is completely unethical for her to ask you to commit perjury to save her wallet.

So – good on you for refusing. And call either her lawyer, or whomever is writing her up for all this stuff, and make your side of the story clear. It might even be a good idea to contact one of those free dial-a-lawyer hotlines, or a family member or friend who’s a lawyer, and get some advice on how to proceed. Either way, it sounds like your best bet for your own case is to be absolutely clear you are a RENTER and that you are unwilling to stand by and let anything otherwise be assumed, much less lie about it.

Good luck!

Skigod377
                        Participant

Sorry about your troubles BDW. I also agree not to go along with her. Nothing good ever comes of trying to bypass laws. Its just a way for folks to get around doing the right thing and this lady wants to drag you down with her, should she go. I am also sorry about your phone. That just sucks. πŸ™

BDW
                          Participant

Some good news, my phone was found and I have it back. πŸ™‚ A little scratched up but otherwise it’s fine. I reactivated it but I’m still responsible for the calls that were made on it before I called Bell.
                            Oh well at least I don’t have to purchase another phone.

twindragonsmum
                            Participant

Nathy, I agree with what everyone else has said. I really think contacting a lawyer is the best idea – you need to be able to cover not only yourself, but Michele as well… loves ya

twindragonsmum

tdm

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.