fbpx

why Why WHy WHY

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone why Why WHy WHY

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Skigod377
    Participant

Poor guy. I really want to get him just to see in person, but I wont risk $50+shipping to do it! ๐Ÿ˜†

Now I am wondering, I looked at her other auction and she took, or at least tried, to take a pic of the pena mark on the female, why not the one of the male?

And I had to pull my male down and look at his face to see what looks wrong, he is missing a stone.

laphon1
      Participant

The face on this just looks wrong to me. My two old dragons do not have the felt pads just the Windstone stamp on the stone. And the bottoms on them are very smooth. This one looks sort of rough on the bottom.

ruffian wrote:

When she said the pena stamp I think she ment the signature “pena 86” that is in the casting itself not the windstone stamp.

took the words right outta my mouth, both of my fakes have the pena 86 on their butts, they were direct casts, that’s why

I think his face looks a little funny.

He just doesn’t look quite right. The shape is off (especially the head) and the coloring is off. The coloring could just be the picture but the shape shouldn’t be off like that.

darjeb
        Participant

laphon1 said what I was thinking – my older brown dragons don’t have a felt pad just a stamp and I don’t see how the stamp can fall off!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also did Windstone make a White Dragon in 1985 I only remember brown, peacock and green.

If it’s the same mold, just a different color, doesn’t it have the same date, no matter when it was painted? I think someone told me something like that when I thought the imprinted date indicated the year it came out.

Pegasi1978
          Participant

Yep. Doesn’t matter what color a mold is painted they all have the same date imprint.

Jennifer
            Keymaster

Tintaglia wrote:

If it’s the same mold, just a different color, doesn’t it have the same date, no matter when it was painted? I think someone told me something like that when I thought the imprinted date indicated the year it came out.

The imprinted signature (Pena) is the year she finished it/copyrighted it/etc. It doesn’t mean that’s when it was first released. That’s just when she signed her artwork. ๐Ÿ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
              My art: featherdust.com

Skigod377
              Participant

I thought the year was when she completed the mold and thats why they are all the same (Ie all males are 86, all females are 85)At least thats what I remember. There is a topic about it from a while back… or is that what you were saying Nam?

Jennifer
                Keymaster

skigod377 wrote:

I thought the year was when she completed the mold and thats why they are all the same (Ie all males are 86, all females are 85)At least thats what I remember. There is a topic about it from a while back… or is that what you were saying Nam?

Yes, that’s what I’m saying. ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m sorry.. my language skills have been poor lately. I’m exhausted.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                  My art: featherdust.com

Skigod377
                  Participant

Dats ok. Me dont reed good soometimes. ๐Ÿ˜† I re read what you wrote and I just need better reading skillz.

I agree it does look like something is wrong with it. Has anyone asked Melody about it?

Skigod377
                    Participant

Yep. She said it was a fake.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.