fbpx

why Why WHy WHY

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone why Why WHy WHY

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author

Skylover
    Participant

Ruffian, I think that this guy may be a fake! He has the same eyes and jewel color that my fake mother green dragon had. He may have come with the globe.

Elena
      Participant

Or is he really old? He doesn’t have a felt pad and the eyes look like windstone eyes to me… 😕

Skylover wrote:

Ruffian, I think that this guy may be a fake! He has the same eyes and jewel color that my fake mother green dragon had. He may have come with the globe.

That’s what I was wondering. My green has yellow eyes and the green shading is different. And there’s no Windstone felt on the bottom. My old mother dragon has no felt and the bottom has a cleaner (sanded level) finish on the bottom than this one appears to have.

Jennifer
        Keymaster

Can’t quite tell! He looks real, but his eyes do seem off, and if they are real then he is one of the few green ones that escaped the factory with blue eyes… can’t tell from those photos if they are real or not. I asked the seller for a better photo of the face, and if the crystals were always there.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

OK I kinda thought there was something off, guess we should let john know, although he would be good with your mother LOL.

Paint is well done though

Skylover
          Participant

I’m pretty sure of it. If you look closely the eyes sort of bulge. I also have an old green with orange eyes that doesn’t have a felt pad. The bottom of this one may actually be covered by a green felt. If you look closely there are what appear to be tears. The seller didn’t take a direct picture of the bottom, so it is hard to tell. The proportions also seem a bit off. I could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure it’s a fake like my mother dragon was. I’ll try to get some pictures so that you can see it. The coloration of my fake is very good and it’s very difficult to tell it is a fake. The best ways are the eyes and the weight. It is very hard to tell from pictures.

Skylover
            Participant

Here you go:

I keep looking at my green in comparison and the paint job is just totally diffrent, from the shading to the where the gold is. My green doesn’t have a felt, but the bottom is stamped with the Windstone logo.

From having poured molds, to me the bottom looks like a casting that hasn’t been cleaned. It looks like the bottom was painted and the high points left on the base are where the paint has rubbed off.

dragonmedley
              Participant

I don’t know about you guys, but I can’t see any stamp on the bottom…

I think he’s a fake too.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Purplecat
                Participant

I cant see the stamp either and after getting out my green male I’d bet he’s a fake. His eyes are really wrong.

It looks like the seller doesn’t know a real Windstone from a fake, because they also have a Mother Dragon listed that looks to be authentic. So, who’s going to email John?

We can tel him, but I doubt he can do much as it is obviously an old piece and I doubt he would be able to find who made it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.