fbpx

Why do sculps turn left or right?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Why do sculps turn left or right?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Participant

Melody,

When you create new sculptures (or families), how do you determine which way they will be facing? I thought you had a system for the dragons and griffins, and then the opposite for hoofers, but after looking at a few of my pieces, I noticed that it doesn’t hold true. It also seemed to switch for the different genders as well.

frozendragon
        Participant

my opinion….

it’s better and easier to face them towards each other….

my mom sold home interiors (poor comparison)
          for a long time…and it was always a rule of theirs about displaying them…that sculptures needed to face each other on shelves…

or to face appropriately towards a picture…

so it could be a display thing…

kind of like this….

but if we know Melody at all….it’s nothing that simple….

hehe

Melody
          Keymaster

SilverArrow wrote:

Melody,

When you create new sculptures (or families), how do you determine which way they will be facing? I thought you had a system for the dragons and griffins, and then the opposite for hoofers, but after looking at a few of my pieces, I noticed that it doesn’t hold true. It also seemed to switch for the different genders as well. They turn towards the “front” Each sculpture needs a clear front side. (This is my own rule for my stuff.) You wouldn’t think that this would be necessary with sculpture, but with commercial stuff, usually only one view is shown in an ad, or on a shelf in a store. The males and females are designed to be displayed and photoed facing each other, so they bend in different ways.

WOw, that is interesting. Learn something new everyday.

frozendragon
            Participant

hehe….well I wasn’t completely wrong…..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.