fbpx

Where I've been lately

Home Forums Miscellany Community Where I've been lately

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bayoudragon
    Participant

I know I haven’t been on in a while. I guess it’s time for an update. Life events keep piling up, and I have no idea where things are heading.

Good news is I finally sold my condo a couple months ago… finally. But I sold it to an investor and basically lost all of my equity. I didn’t care at this point, I just wanted out. We are currently living with the in-laws since we can’t afford a new place right now. And since my husband’s grandfather is undergoing cancer treatment and staying there, we are now housesitting for him. We will be bouncing back and forth for the holidays as family comes into town. It’s like we’re playing musical chairs. I have no daily routine, and I have stuff scattered between 2 houses and a storage unit. I haven’t gotten much painting done, though I’m finally caught up on all my commissions. *yeah!* The last one was a phoenix. I need to post that one. I do believe she is one of my best pieces. 🙂

Last month I went on a little spiritual retreat. Boy, that was something — sweat lodge and a massive water wheel ceremony on the full moon. Something happens when you stay on sacred land. I did some serious emotional healing and a LOT of crying. I am no longer the same person I was before the trip. I met some absolutely amazing people, too. AND I got to see a white buffalo in the fur!

But the hardest thing is that I’ve now lost all of my furbabies. Last year in October, I said goodbye to Saber Dog. In May, it was April’s turn. Last week, Toby made it clear he was ready. And even though Gidget had been “adopted” by my in-laws, she was always part of my original pack. We let her go today. I’ve mourned the loss of 2 dogs in 1 week, 4 dogs in 14 months. 😥 Needless to say, I feel very empty right now. I’m really, really tired… especially emotionally. I’m trying not to get sick for the holidays, but I think the stress did a number on my system. My mom is coming into town tomorrow to go Christmas shopping with me, because to be honest, I’m on automatic pilot and I’m just going through the motions. I have no decision-making capabilities at this point.

So that’s it. That’s where I am right now. Thanks for letting me get this off my chest.
      You better believe I am so looking forward to 2014.

-Angela (bayoudragon)

twindragonsmum
      Participant

Hang in there, girlie girl – i luvses ya and am passin’ on HUGE HUGSES {{{{{{HUGS!!!!!!}}}}}} and a brand new sack of skittles that hasn’t even been opened yet…. kinda feels like we were all pulled through the wringer backwards this year. Lots of endings with new beginings and a whole lotta stuff we never saw comin’… *tucks up bayoudragon for the night, fluffs pillows, smooths back hair from forehead, kisses tip of nose, wishes sweet dreams and healing rest, loans Buddy my baby-doggie to sleep with tonight to keep you safe from harm and evil…* Sleep tight dearest.

tdm

tdm

Bodine
        Participant

Wow girl,what a roller coaster ride.Have on,it’s not over! I mean that with the best intentions.Without the low times,we wouldn’t recognize the high ones. 😉

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
          Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

dragonmedley
          Participant

I’m so glad to hear from you 🙂

Sending positive vibes and hugs your way!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Kim
            Blocked

Sorry to hear that. Just know it will take time to heal but you will come out stronger than before with a fresh new perspective on life. Try to rest and relax and feel appreciation for what you do still have and what makes you feel happy through the holidays.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Rachel
              Participant

/GIANT HUGS/

bayoudragon
                Participant

Thank you all so much! Your love and support means alot! <3

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.