fbpx

When you did your first PYO…

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone When you did your first PYO…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Is it just me, or has anyone else ever experienced initial apprehension towards her first PYO? I have the sweetie sitting here and I know exactly what I want to do with her. And, whats even more sad or embarassing (havent decided!), she’s going to be predominately one color with very, very little blending. Yet Im still such a chicken about it!

Anyone else ever just sit on go during their first PYO? No one likes to feel alone so Im hoping some of you admit it! Lie to me if you have too!

Pegasi1978
    Participant

*raises hand* I knew exactly what I wanted to do for my first PYO from the moment I got it. I waited forever to paint it, then when it didn’t want to cooperate I waited forever to get back to it. I finally scrubbed the paint off and started again and the wolf Shadowsinger in my PYO album is the result. I was a little more ready to paint when it came time for my second PYO, the wolf I did for Cheryl for the 2nd PYO swap.

Now that that one is done I’m really wanting to go. In fact I just got in two PYOs yesterday (a unicorn and a dragon) that are going to be gifts for friends and I started in on the unicorn as soon as I put my toddler down for his nap this afternoon. *Checks time* Gotta see about cleaning up. He should be getting up soon.

Naw i had mine sitting there for months i was so sure i was not going to paint him!

Elena
      Participant

Nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs!! πŸ˜€

I get this gorgeous piece that Melody did and *I* am supposed to paint it?!?!

You just have to take a deep breath and get right in there and do it

Arlla
        Participant

LOL It wasn’t just the first one with me, it was probably the first 6! I would sit at the table and hold it and look at it and put it down, look at my various paints, look at my reference photos, pick it up again, turn it over, walk away, come back….LOL!! for HOURS!!!

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
          -J R R Tolkien

SPark
          Participant

Heh. I guess I’m weird. I tackled my first one the day after he arrived in the mail.

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

As soon as I got mine ( I ordered 3 ) I actually rotated painting pieces of each one almost immediately. I was planning what to do to them before they even arrived. Now though, it alomst seems harder to paint them since my expectations of myself have gotten so high. I’ll procrastinate for days and keep changing my mind on what I want to do! LOL!

Got a busted Windstone?
              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
              Tattoo Mother Kirin
              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Yup, I was terrified! I thought for sure it would be a disaster!! I’m still intimidated by paint!!

Jennifer
              Keymaster

I was really intimidated too! Sometimes I am still, about my other artwork too. I have a panel sitting here and I had to get some really expensive paints for it- I’m worried about wasting my time and money if I goof up on it even though I have a solid idea! πŸ˜†

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                My art: featherdust.com

OK, so even if some of you followed my request in the fine print, at least I dont feel alone or crazy; well, no more than usual! I cant escape my work deadlines at the moment and then I have other things I need to get together too but I need to find down time to do what Ive been chomping at the bit to do (PYO). I had taken the first step and went to the craft store and bought just what I needed. Always had the brushes. And today I even cleaned up an entire table for where I’ll be working. So, Im inching there but my personality usually likes to gallop there! And Im so pathetic since it’s 99% a solid color! Urgh! Im such a dork!

Thats it dagnabit! Im a night owl so it’s night right now. Im going to put the camera down & forego the photo shoots tonight and do something- no matter how small, with that little PYO. I dont want to get it into my head that they be my nemesis. I have ideas (big ideas WAY much harder than this solid colored baby) for others so I better conquer this fear before it grabs any more of a foot hold. Thanks for sharing and the support you lent by doing so (even the big bad professional Windstone painter had reservations! Ive seen your gallery and gulp at the fact someone like YOU could ever be nervous)! πŸ˜‰

Maria
                Participant

I painted mine almost as soon as I got it. I can’t stand having white PYOs sitting around. πŸ˜†

Well, I just learned I stink at blending! Took forever to get the muzzle even close to something decent. And the socks- meh- I painted them over to solid because the blending was impossible for me to get to look of whatsoever.

So, any body’s blending tricks are welcome if youd like to share!

KoishiiKitty
                  Participant

I was not as intimidated as i was so amazed at the detail in the pyo that I could not paint it for a few hours. I was so excited and just awestruck that I sat looking it over and feeling every scale.

It might sound weird, but I held the pyo and ran my fingers slowly over the whole thing, feeling every scale and the texture on the scales.

I think I felt a little intimidated after I started painting it..but I have gotten used to making myself work through any piece of art I am doing that I feel un-easy over..so I just kept painting mine till it was finnished.

Skigod377
                    Participant

I knew I wanted it to be pink and just started painting. I couldnt wait! Be like Nike… Just DO it! πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.