fbpx

What's with the…..?

Home Forums Miscellany Community What's with the…..?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Dragon nursery, adult dragon pages, and all the eggs and dragons on folks’ signatures? I clicked on some of them, got sent to a new page, and then they didn’t go anywhere and I’d end up back here, none the wiser. 😕 *sigh*

purpledragonclaw
    Participant

Your answer is in the Dragon Nursery section. Click here:
      http://www.windstoneeditions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6764&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=420

tatt2dcowgrl asked this question a couple of days ago. It is in khat7’s post at the top. Does that help?

Yeppers, That would be this link 😆

http://dragcaveforum.technoized.com/index.php?showforum=3

khat7 wrote:

I am growing more aggravated and frustrated by the minute. I have gone and created an account, verified same, logged into and out of their site/forum, read all the things I was supposed to read there, and I still can’t manage to get my hands on an egg. I get to the entrance, click on an egg, and it tells me I need to be logged in. I get the login screen, type in all my info, and get a message that says account username/password invalid or account disabled. But I can use that info to log in and out of their site w/ no trouble. I tried creating another account using another email address, and I get a message that the ip number has already been used. AARRRRRRRRRGGGH!
      *Bangs head repeatedly on desk*

tasgrs wrote:

khat7 wrote:

I am growing more aggravated and frustrated by the minute. I have gone and created an account, verified same, logged into and out of their site/forum, read all the things I was supposed to read there, and I still can’t manage to get my hands on an egg. I get to the entrance, click on an egg, and it tells me I need to be logged in. I get the login screen, type in all my info, and get a message that says account username/password invalid or account disabled. But I can use that info to log in and out of their site w/ no trouble. I tried creating another account using another email address, and I get a message that the ip number has already been used. AARRRRRRRRRGGGH!
      *Bangs head repeatedly on desk*

you have to register separately for a scroll at
      http://dragcave.ath.cx/

Thanks to all who responded with patience to my earlier posts! As you can see, I was successful after all. 😉
      Now my next question is: How do I get ALL of my eggs to fit in my signature line? It only let me put 2 of the 3 of them in. Do I have to drop the saying I’ve been displaying? I know…I have more questions than Hallmark has cards….and I’m probably a PITA, too…*sigh* How’d y’all get so many eggs and dragons to show up? And in for a penny; in for a pound. One last question: Avatars–how do you get one and post it? I’ll hush up now… 🙂

Pegasi1978
      Participant

You can only have 225 characters in your signature area. Usually that allows for two eggs (maybe three, haven’t done the math). For those who are displaying more than two eggs you’ll notice that some of them are above the horizontal line that marks the signature area. That means they are in the posts themselves. Like this:

For avatars, most people either look around on the Internet for one they like or make one. The avatar can only be 80 pixels by 80 pixels and must be smaller than 8KB in size. You add it at very bottom of the “Edit your profile” page. If there is something in particular you would like I could try and help you out by resizing it if you need. I made several of the long thin signature images you see at the bottom of posts (mine, starbreeze’s, ski’s, emerald’s) to name a few.

Thanks, peg. I have a small picture of one of my cats that I resized, but couldn’t figure out what to do with it to get it up there. I had uploaded it to one of the photo sites, but still couldn’t make heads’ or tails of it. I’m usually pretty good with the computer, but once in a while I have to have a challenged day. This would be one of those. 😕

Pegasi1978
        Participant

If it’s small enough and uploaded to one of the photo sites then the next step is pretty simple. Go to the bottom of the Edit your profile page and copy and paste the link for your image in the box marked “Upload Avatar from a URL:“. Click “Submit” and you’re done! The only reason it wouldn’t work would be if your image was too large. If you still need help you can always PM or send me an email.

The picture is 80×60 pixels. When I go to upload it, after hitting submit, I get can not upload, and something about debug, which isn’t a link. It’s from image shack’s site….

Pegasi1978
          Participant

Hrm. Are you sure the file size is under 8KB? That’s another possibility.

Well, it would appear that persistance DOES pay off. 😆
            I did manage to get that done after all, although it’s not exactly the photo I had in mind when I originally posted. But it’ll work for now.
            Thanks again, peg!

Pegasi1978
            Participant

No problems. Let me know if you need anymore help later. 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.