fbpx

What is your favorite holiday?

Home Forums Miscellany Community What is your favorite holiday?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Little bit of data info collection πŸ™‚ If you want to share your reasons for choosing the holiday you did, by all means, have at it!

To get the ball rolling, I chose my favorite holiday which is Halloween. Always loved it, probably b/c of the dressing up as a kid and all the candy (different back then; you didnt really have to inspect anything and Halloween was actually more fun than dangerous). Decorating was always a blast too.

Katherine
    Participant

I like the Christmas season the best because people tend to be a little nicer around the holiday season (well, except when it comes to shopping). The decorations are really pretty to look at, and it celebrates the birthday (even though He was techniquely born earlier in the year) of Jesus. I love Jesus. πŸ˜€

Christmas! πŸ˜† Love the decorations and the trees not to mention the cookie baking! I really enjoy it when I find the perfect present for someone – although I really don’t like wrapping them. And Christmas music is my favorite type of music.

I know it’s kind of hokey but I really, really like going to Disney World in December – the decorations are great, they have an awesome concert at Epcot and everyone is so happy. If you ever get the chance to go I recommend it.

i love thanksgiving for the good food (eating it and cooking it , no i will not eat your turkey mine is the best and im a food snob) and love to watch the parade , i will fight any one to the death who turns it off or suggest we leave the house before its over , i may miss Super Grover taking out a light post mangling a bunch of people , nothing says holiday cheer like mass casualties due to an attack by a giant balloon character .

i also love Halloween but i couldnt pick two and it set off an internal battle way to early in the morning . I love halloween because i love to scare the crap out of little kids and adults too . I love the monsters , the horror , the morbidity , the candy every thing to do with the horrific and the scary

eaglefeather831 wrote:

I like the Christmas season the best because people tend to be a little nicer around the holiday season (well, except when it comes to shopping). The decorations are really pretty to look at, and it celebrates the birthday (even though He was techniquely born earlier in the year) of Jesus. I love Jesus. πŸ˜€

Maybe in Iowa , but Maryland is nasty 365 . we have more killings and armed robberies that time of year . I want to move to the midwest so maybe people are nicer in general out that way

Laurie
      Participant

I love Halloween, I’ve already got Alyssa her outfit ( a teddy bear). Danny wanted a zombie baby but I talked him out of it.

I have to admit I watch the parade every year – my favorite parts are the Rockettes and when Santa arrives. Then if I have time I try to watch Miracle on 34th Street – the Maureen O’Hara version is my favorite. (geez – I am so totally sappy. πŸ˜€ )

I love turkey – particularly the left overs. Some of my clients and co-workers bring me doggie bags the next day since I usually just go to a restaurant with my great-aunt for Thanksgiving. It doesn’t seem worth it to cook for two people so we often go to The Chart House. Which has amazing sea food and out-of-this-world chocolatePhotobucketlava cake. Not to mention a great view of NYC – it’s right across the harbor. Occassionally my sister cooks and we go there instead!

eaglefeather831 wrote:

DITTO I love everything about Christmas. The decorations, the lights, the baking, the parties, the giving, the visiting (I love giving πŸ˜€ ) spending time with my family, the reason we all celebrate. Whoo Hoo CHRISTMAS. πŸ˜† I’ve already started my shopping and the tree goes up the day after Thanksgiving and doesn’t come down til after New Year.

Mmloda
        Participant

I would have to say Christmas..cause I get to see most of m y family and I get the most time off work.. πŸ˜€ And everyone just seems to be happy and in good moods… πŸ˜€
          But I do LOVE Halloween as well, I love everything about it… πŸ˜€

Marzena

Katherine
          Participant

ddvm wrote:

Christmas! πŸ˜† Love the decorations and the trees not to mention the cookie baking! I really enjoy it when I find the perfect present for someone – although I really don’t like wrapping them. And Christmas music is my favorite type of music.

I know it’s kind of hokey but I really, really like going to Disney World in December – the decorations are great, they have an awesome concert at Epcot and everyone is so happy. If you ever get the chance to go I recommend it.

Ah yes! How could I have forgotten the sweets! πŸ˜€

Katherine
            Participant

Necron99 wrote:

eaglefeather831 wrote:

Maybe in Iowa , but Maryland is nasty 365 . we have more killings and armed robberies that time of year . I want to move to the midwest so maybe people are nicer in general out that way

Oh! 😯 Thats kinda scary!

Samhain is my favorite! (Halloween) I’m painting my belly this year!! I love pumpkin carving, and even though I don’t get any trick-or-treaters where I live I still love it!

lamortefille
              Participant

I can’t wait to see your painted belly, DragonMistress. πŸ˜‰

I voted Halloween, but it’s a close race with Christmas. I love the cool weather, the leaves changing color, decorating the house, going to the farm for pumpkins and yummy donuts and seeing all of the kids in costumes. I wish more kids would come around. I buy tons of candy “just in case”.

I love Christmas, but I hate that they start pushing it earlier every year. Soon they will start putting stuff out right after Labor Day. 😑 I do most of my shopping from home, because the Season doesn’t change anyone’s attitude around here. They will knock you over to get to a sale item and run you over to get to a parking space. They need to watch a marathon of It’s a Wonderful Life, A Charlie Brown Christmas, etc; maybe that would help. πŸ˜†

Katherine
                Participant

DragonMistress wrote:

Samhain is my favorite! (Halloween) I’m painting my belly this year!! I love pumpkin carving, and even though I don’t get any trick-or-treaters where I live I still love it!

That is such a cute idea! I can’t wait to see pictures too! πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.